RaceRoom Racing Experience | BMW M4 GT4 Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have teased a new car coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience - the GT4 specification BMW M4!

Teasing the car in a moody night scene, but leaving the name of the model on the image title to kinda spoil the guessing game (!!), we now know another GT4 machine will be heading to the RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation in the very near future - joining the already released KTM X-Bow, Lotus Evora and Porsche Cayman GT4 cars within the title.

No release date is available at present, but be sure to stay tuned in the next few days for more information and previews ahead of the full car DLC release.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now exclusively on PC.

Want to learn more about the tips and tricks of RaceRoom Racing Experience? Ask a question to our awesome sim racing community at the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Sim Racing is Awesome.

Rain and night are a cool thing, but it's been noted that most people don't use it. It's not a deal breaker for me with Raceroom. I will admit that live and accelerated day/night transition, as with Sol, is pretty nice.
A new GT4 at Bilster Berg on a sunny day works for me!

You're right but shouldn't be like that.

IMHO all racing games should have time lapse and weather directly linked to a Internet Weather Service and locked to oficial local time. Flight simulators do that from years. Even more: this should be not selectable - flight sims allows you to change those for educational purposes - training.

In real life I cannot choose if my local kart circuit is dry or wet, if the tarmac is 10 or 40 Celsius let alone if it's day or night.

Simulation should be about to adapt YOU to the world and not the opposite.

Last edited:
Simulation should be about to adapt YOU to the world and not the opposite.
If you not already have: Even, if it feels unfinished and strange sometimes, but ACC could be your go-to sim for that, its weather system can surprise you very often, when set to dynamic. It also provides a good variation of picking the right wet-line, with rubber on the track.

When I'm not mistaken, the M4 GT4 will be the most powerful car in it's class in R3E so far. I read the car should have 431 hp at least. The Cayman offers 385hp, Lotus and X-Box around 350hp. Seems I have to take the BMW for races then :D

EJGotKhWkAg3HAe.jpeg.jpg

S3 load up this pic on twitter. Amazing!

Rain and night are a cool thing, but it's been noted that most people don't use it. It's not a deal breaker for me with Raceroom. I will admit that live and accelerated day/night transition, as with Sol, is pretty nice.

It’s not a deal breaker for me either. I really like R3E, it’s a terrific game, with a great choice of tracks and cars.

I just feel that eventually, they *will* have to upgrade it.

It’s not a deal breaker for me either. I really like R3E, it’s a terrific game, with a great choice of tracks and cars.

I just feel that eventually, they *will* have to upgrade it.

They'll do what iracing did (Hopefully) if the guy that Run's sector 3 (who throw's money for the game at it) They have a great Dev team who have turned the game around!!! i don't mind playing a game that looks old but if you want new people in this day and age it's gotta keep up with the now even though people won't agree but living in the past doesn't make the game any newer.

Rain and night are a cool thing, but it's been noted that most people don't use it. It's not a deal-breaker for me with Raceroom. I will admit that live and accelerated day/night transition, as with Sol, is pretty nice.

I for one never use it... I don't mind a transition from day to night.... but to be honest, I don't like sim rain! It annoys me, the fake water on the windshield just looks bad. I like it in the time trial, but not in sim life....!

The job I do if a company offered me a better pay & continuous work, I'd break my neck to leave, wouldn't you.
Why do you think the Sector3 track artists don't have any work to do? J-F Chardon himself confirmed that they are working on 4 new tracks right now.

It's not even like track development has slowed down:

Tracks released in 2019: 3
Tracks released in 2018: 3
Tracks released in 2017: 2 + the 5 Swedish tracks that actually had already been created a long time before they were released
Tracks released in 2016: 2

Apart from that, Georg Ortner is not a track artist...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.9%