RaceRoom | December Update and BMW M4 GT4 Coming This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have confirmed this week will see the release of the BMW M4 GT4 as part of the upcoming December build update for the game.

That's right, having been teased by the studio back in early November, we now finally have a launch date for the upcoming BWM M4 GT4 - this week!

Yes, car number four of the every increasing GT4 category within the game is about to be made available in the oh so very near future, joining forces with the KTM X-Bow, Lotus Evora and Porsche Cayman already released, plus a new 718 Cayman Clubsport that should arrive later in the month - GT4 is certainly growing rapidly within the sim!

While we await the new build update, check out the freshly released trailer for the BMW M4 GT4 below:

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now exclusively on PC.

Want to learn more about the tips and tricks of RaceRoom Racing Experience? Ask a question to our awesome sim racing community at the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

RaceRoom BMW M4 GT4 2.jpg

A hell of a changelog indeed, with a number of surprises included. :thumbsup:

New content:

• GTR4 car class - Added BMW M4 GT4
  • GTR4 car class - Added Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport
  • GTR3 car class - Added Porsche 911 GT3 R (2019)
  • Group 4 car class - Added BMW M1 Group 4
  • Added a new car class - Porsche Motorsport GT2 Supersportscar, with the Porsche GT2 RS Clubsport
  • Tracks - Added Ningbo International Speedpark with 5 layouts
  • Tracks - Added new layout: Nürburgring Grand Prix Fast Chicane, free for all owners of the track.

Features:

• Added a first iteration of daylight progression, from morning to evening. A multiplier is available to set progression from x0 (static sun), up to x25.
  • Sun position is now astronomically accurate for each of our tracks as per a typical summer solstice day.
  • Dedicated server - Added possibility to set a "Message of the Day" that all players will be presented with upon joining. The message can be dismissed by pressing the brake, or leaving the pitlane. The message can be formatted using very basic html tags.
  • Damage overhaul - The old settings separating Visual and Mechanical damage have been merged into just one Damage setting which can have the following values:
    - Off (cars will not take any damage)
    - Limited (this is equivalent to having both mechanical and visual damage enabled before today's update)
    - Full (Suspension can get damaged, and tyres can have flat spots after lock-ups)
  • Damage model - New deformations and systems for detachables parts, cracks in windshields, etc.
  • Damage model - Tyres can now get punctured from collisions or from driving off track, and the probabilities of getting a puncture increase with the wear.
  • Car Setup Menu - One of our goals is to modernize the user interface and the first menu that we decided to tackle is the car setup. It is reflecting the future look and feel of the RaceRoom interface as we head into 2020.
    It is divided in three areas, the left will display some telemetry data from your last laps, the center has all the possible changes sorted into tabs, and the right side is dedicated to display helper texts and the steering settings.
  • Force Feedback - Added Pneumatic Trail to the physics engine, which results in self-centering forces on corner exits.
  • Force Feedback - Added Stationary Friction effects
  • Global AI behavioral improvements, with car specific tweaks using a self-learning algorithm.
  • Sounds - Improvements to tyre sounds (skid and scrub).
  • Added an option to display opponents of other classes in the HUD position bar
  • Added an option to force the HUD track map to remain static and not rotate with the player's car orientation
  • Added an option to show or hide the chat messages in Multiplayer
  • Added extra bindigs for Shift Up and Shift Down, allowing to mix paddles and a sequential shifter
[IMG]

Content updates:

• DTM 1992 - Updated physics ( Details @ Sector3 forums )
  • Touring Classics - Updated physics ( Details @ Sector3 forums )
  • GTR3 - Updated physics ( Details @ Sector3 forums )
  • GTR4 - Updated physics ( Details @ Sector3 forums )
  • Hillclimb Icons - Updated physics ( Details @ Sector3 forums )
  • BMW M1 Procar - Updated physics ( Details @ Sector3 forums )
  • Performance index values of all car classes have been readjusted (DTM 1992 and Touring Classics are no longer merged)
  • Brands Hatch - Updated curbs, advertisement, vegetation
  • Gelleråsen Arena - The last turn has been modified, but the starting grid is still located on the old stretch.
  • Knutstorp - Updated with 2019 modifications
  • Macau - Improved performance
  • Mantorp - Updated with 2019 modifications

Fixes:

• Dedicated server no longer loses its settings when the IP address of the hosting machine changes.
  • Loads of bug fixes and improvements overall

I cant read.... is there a fix for the dd? Because after my g27 this sim feels not good Anymore. Drive like a boat! I hope they fiexed it... try a lot of settings but not the good feel on direct drive. Rfactor2 Ac Acc Automobilista... no problems

Wow. What a changelog! The Sector 3 guys have been very busy by the looks of it. Can't wait to get home and smash a car into a wall to test the new damage model for a start! And time of day progression - didn't see that coming!

Great update!

Oh man they have completely deleted LB.
And all the days I have used trying to up my position in this competition.

Yes yes I know they probably have some kind of argument behind this punishment.
But I will probably take it to my advocate - if I just could find his number.

Bummer bummer bummer :poop::poop::poop::mad:

Changes are great! I got 30 min. race in Zandvoort with Porsche 911 gt3 and FFB is awesome. There is also massive effect of the wheel lock up and tyres wear, now its necessary to hold soft braking. Finally I do not notice any impact of the graphics changes on my system. Only one question - which value of daylight progression multiplier is right for light realism?

WOW! I deleted my R3E install because driving felt too easy, like made for beginners. Today I read the update log and that physics are updated for DTM 1992, GT3 etc. and installed the game again.

HOW DID THEY DO THAT?

Now GT3 cars feel almost like ACC, maybe less detailed feel because I haven't tuned my settings yet. But this physics update is day and night. I used to trow around 1992 DTM on purpose to get it spin, but car just was too easy to drive recklessly. Now, after slighest oversteer drift there is a snap back, if I don't catch it, I spin off the track. REALLY GOOD JOB SECTOR3!

Changes are great! I got 30 min. race in Zandvoort with Porsche 911 gt3 and FFB is awesome. There is also massive effect of the wheel lock up and tyres wear, now its necessary to hold soft braking. Finally I do not notice any impact of the graphics changes on my system. Only one question - which value of daylight progression multiplier is right for light realism?

I was driving Zandvoort too. Did you notice how cars now behave close to ACC, since we have both tracks in these games?

M4 sound absolutely nailed, GT3-R has a bit low transmission volume, it actually wants to kill your ears a bit more, if you can believe some onboards :sneaky:

FFB and physics feeling great and i like the new changes on setup deepness, it's pretty much all there now, i sometimes hoped for.^^

I have some time to wast....i mean...spend now :sneaky:

Unfortunately, R3E's always-online requirement is really rearing it's ugly head today. Incredibly sluggish menu navigation, excruciating loading times, and constant errors due to lost connection. I know traffic is high because of the new stuff, but you really shouldn't have to deal with issues like this when all you're trying to do is enter offline singleplayer practice mode. Very, very frustrating.

Unfortunately, R3E's always-online requirement is really rearing it's ugly head today. Incredibly sluggish menu navigation, excruciating loading times, and constant errors due to lost connection. I know traffic is high because of the new stuff, but you really shouldn't have to deal with issues like this when all you're trying to do is enter offline singleplayer practice mode. Very, very frustrating.
This is a big issue imho. We should be able to race against AI or practice offline. That would be a welcome change.

I didn't even know about always online "feature". That sucks. Menus were really slow, and changing car did not work, level loaded with the previous car..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes