Race Remaster

Hi tried just about everything said in here and sim will not launch RaceR_Steam.exe pulls up config file every time.

Tried
Remaster_Setup with my old Race07 steam install
Remaster_Setup with new Race07 steam install
Remaster_Setup making RaceR
manually installing files from Remaster_files folder
using my old SimBin and profiles
making new SimBIN and profiles
your SimBin and copying profiles
if i reinstall Race07 from steam and launch normal sim works

if i have missed or done something wrong please tell

This is not a moan still love playing Race07 and appreciate all the time and effort you have put into it.

(Did you download the latest version of the mod with the latest installer updates?)
Was a new install folder created in your my documents/Simbin/Race 07 install...
Are all the usual files in there and a config file with the right install folder?

Probably the game doesn't find a file with the right install folder in the config file.

I haven't ever had any problem with this when I have made any of my new installs, but it should be possible to copy a 'Race 07' or 'Race 07 Install [number here]' in my documents/Simbin/ and edit the install folder.

Last edited:
Thanks for reply
(Did you download the latest version of the mod with the latest installer updates?) yes
Was a new install folder created in your my documents/Simbin/Race 07 install...
Are all the usual files in there and a config file with the right install folder? yes
this GameInstallDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\race 07
and tried this GameInstallDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\raceR

That's very strange.

1. If you use a standard install and copy over everything except all exe and dll files, does it work then (starting original exe)?

2. Try to add just RaceR_steam.exe file and see if it can be started.

3. If not, does it work if you rename it to the original name?

1. If you use a standard install and copy over everything except all exe and dll files, does it work then (starting original exe)? yes
2. Try to add just RaceR_steam.exe file and see if it can be started. yes but no antialiasing
3. If not, does it work if you rename it to the original name? yes and antialiasing works
all 3 give me your new ui and with quick test race WTTC2006 and 2007 cars work
so do i not need the .dll files from Remaster folder
do i use option 3
do i need to do anything else
will i see pit crew when race

1. If you use a standard install and copy over everything except all exe and dll files, does it work then (starting original exe)? yes
2. Try to add just RaceR_steam.exe file and see if it can be started. yes but no antialiasing
3. If not, does it work if you rename it to the original name? yes and antialiasing works
all 3 give me your new ui and with quick test race WTTC2006 and 2007 cars work
so do i not need the .dll files from Remaster folder
do i use option 3
do i need to do anything else
will i see pit crew when race
As I thought when using RaceR_steam for some unknown reason your game can't find saved graphics settings. But it doesn't matter as long as it works the other way.
If you use the new game exe and set pitcrew detail to medium or high there should be a pit crew in game :)

The other dlls are different minor improvements, but if they for some unknown reason don't work it is better to use standard files.

Last edited:
Hi did longer test and can report all worked perfect and pit crew.
Also tried with copying .dlls left out from Remaster folder and still all worked, so do not know why it would not work with all my previous install try's.
Sim now looks and plays great Thanks

good day everyone, I would like to add this fantastic patch but I would have to start from the beginning and I don't think it's easy...but I want you to ask me how can I use the multiple reshaders I find here...I tried to add some of them but I'm not quite sure I can see them...I should add...
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey AndreasFSC, the mod works fine for me now after leading me to this thread. Just needed to add the RaceR exe file to my main Race 07 folder to get it working. Many thanks for the mod and keep it up.

Good day
I hope you can understand my English…
I installed race remaster and it seems to work good..I mean I can see the new menu, new shader etc but now I would like to install crewchief which is the latest version? I also notice that I can add the time with companian 2 but I also found campanian 1…what are they?
Much appreciate you help

• Deleted member 13397

allow me to answer this

1. first there were command line plugins for each game (R07 / GTL / GTR2) enabling CrewChief / SImHub

2..then there was Companian v1 which works on top of the cmd line plugins and adds a lot of feat

3. Companian v2 is an sole APP solution for SimHub & CrewChief
(which works also with GTL & GTR2) does not need the plugins anymore

you can choose one of the solutions

the simplest way is the Companian v2

@mucho many thanks for the information
As I can understand I should install race remaster (already done) and then I should not install crewchief and simhub ( I have no idea about simhub, I use XD by vitumo) but I should install companian v2, correct? (I saw compan.v2 on the site, last update was beta version 0.78) I suppose that companian v2 contains all plug in inside
Thanks a lot for the future help but this the first time I try to fix all game(race room +race 07+gtr evo)

Companion 2 V0.78 are the lasts one so that is the right one.
You should install Crew Chief.
If you want to make use of crew chief you should rename companion 2 to ether rfactor.exe or Ams.exe that way Crew Chief think one of those are running and it that starts the right interface.

In the Companion 2 menu select SETTINGS \ RACEMANAGER
you can see a line CCC4 Sound path > that points to CC default install you just replace the xxx with your windows username.
In the SETTINGS/ PLUGIN
Make sure that the .exe names in the folders are spelled exactly as they are shown.
Pitcrew by AndreasFSC set it at 2. if you want pit crew and pitmarshall
If you rename Companion 2 to Ams.2 check Report Session in Ams mode.

In case any of the sims .exe are run in Admin mode the Companion 2/ ams.exe also needs to be run in admin mode.

Simhub can do a lot more than XD but if you do not need more then no need to install that.
But Shovas had made a very nice XD like HUD with a lot of extras.
But if you do use Gtr2 or Rfactor1 as game in Simhub.

Mucho above are the one that wrote Companion 2 but I know it is late now when he lives.

@Bjarne Hansen many thanks for he update…I will try your procedure during these days or later on the weekend..in case I will get back to you with the doubts
Concerning the XD and simhub..I want to try simhub but I saw the link you gave me and it seems for gtr2..is it ok also for Gtr evolution/race 07 or there is an other link?
Thanks for you help and patience..I am not an expert about this kind of matters

With Simhub while a Hud might be target to a specific sim in general it will work on any supported sim.
Might be some functions not supported but most will and in this case with Shovas XD like Hud all functions will work in all the Simbin Sims.

• Deleted member 13397

there a several reasons to use the companian (or the plugins)

1. time progression (+start time setting)
2. other tweaks in race07
3. enabling pitcrew (or not) not sure if this is still the point
4. interface to SimHub
5. Interface to CrewChief
6. some extra voice info (via CC John)

if you dont want this, RaceRemaseter should run without it

p.s.: AndreasFSC may correct me on point 3 and the conclusion
p.s.2.: thinking of making a BLUE FLAG slowdown for the AI in the future as another tweak

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back