Race Remaster

@Bjarne Hansen @mucho
Thanks a lot for the patience and help
As I installed race remaster I Will try to fix all plug-in you mentioned (companian, crewchief, simhud as it seems have more details then XD)I will follow your instruction and I will get back to you With doubts and update
Thanks one more time

Seems some people having problems with installing the mod, and as far as I know the problem is always related to 'userdata' folder in 'my documents'.
(Game setup 'loop', car setup didn't work, settings not saved)

I have added code in the installer to create these folders, and usually the game can create them by itself without any issues.
It also works for me without any issues, so I really wonder why this happens.

Does someone who have had this issue know what the error was?
Was no folder created, was it incomplete or was it there, game install dir correct in GameInstallDir.ini but still didn't work?

Good day All,
After a quick chat with Andreas,I installed the race remaster and I run RaceR steam exe as administrator and it works fine..I noticed that also the graphic setups have been correctly saved..also pit crew is saved as high..but I select car, driver and events or qualify..it start to load and then crash without any minidump… wtcc 2007 I can reach the box but if I select wtcc extreme it stops and get out (seems like he reach to load track and car but it stops loading the safetycar..not sure if this is the problem because wtcc 2007 works and also f3000)
One more..can’t see pit crew…
Thanks

Thanks
so how can fix the cars/classes to see the pit crew?
The update for wttc extreme 1.3 is already installed…
I can cancel all and reinstall race 07 + race remaster

Although I have encountered no problem with any other car class, WTCC Extreme continues to CTD, without datadump, in my installation, even with all other mods disabled and, of course, with the latest fix installed.
Perhaps some file is missing in the zip then (it works with pitcrew here)... as far as I know it is always related to wheels.

It seems the game has trouble saving config when using new files (could it be because i'm using a stock race07 folder name?). If I save the settings using stock files and then put the new files in - it works.

As a workaround (as the settings like to reset when updating GPU drivers etc.) I use a program called JSGME. It also allows me to bring back stock game if I ever need to. I've divided Race Remaster into three separate "mods":
-the Race Remaster folders
-the main folder files (like the dlls etc)
-the shaders packed into a zip file (I think the shaders still affected the game even when in a different folder, can't remember but packed them just in case. I have a zip for Race Remaster and stock Race 07 shaders)

When I need to set the video settings, I simply disable the second part, set the settings and activate it again.

Also, so far I didn't have any minidump crashes, since I disabled Game Bar (knock on wood, it could just be good luck as they seemed completely random). I liked using it to control audio for the game and music (yeah, I listen to music when racing :p ), but I can live without it, especially since you can alt tab with the new files.

Last edited:
It seems the game has trouble saving config when using new files (could it be because i'm using a stock race07 folder name?). If I save the settings using stock files and then put the new files in - it works.

As a workaround (as the settings like to reset when updating GPU drivers etc.) I use a program called JSGME. It also allows me to bring back stock game if I ever need to. I've divided Race Remaster into three separate "mods":
-the Race Remaster folders
-the main folder files (like the dlls etc)
-the shaders packed into a zip file (I think the shaders still affected the game even when in a different folder, can't remember but packed them just in case. I have a zip for Race Remaster and stock Race 07 shaders)

When I need to set the video settings, I simply disable the second part, set the settings and activate it again.

Also, so far I didn't have any minidump crashes, since I disabled Game Bar (knock on wood, it could just be good luck as they seemed completely random). I liked using it to control audio for the game and music (yeah, I listen to music when racing :p ), but I can live without it, especially since you can alt tab with the new files.
I think I have solved the save issue now, but still making some tests :)

Do someone want to test the fixes?
It is a tiny fix to Config.exe and two new tiny files.
It also includes copying or renaming a userdata folder in documents from Race 07 (install *X*) to RaceR

Last edited:
HI i have 3 race 07s
1 Race 07 Steam with all dlc
2 Race 07 Race Remaster, works perfect with pit crew
3 Race 07 with dlc plus other mods over 60 gb

As i like the pit stop in race, if its the pit crew that causes problems with some car mods is it possible to have just the Marshal or will that still cause problems?
Also i like XD but that has its own d3d9.dll if i use that not yours what effect will that have?

If still needed i can test the above fixes

HI i have 3 race 07s
1 Race 07 Steam with all dlc
2 Race 07 Race Remaster, works perfect with pit crew
3 Race 07 with dlc plus other mods over 60 gb

As i like the pit stop in race, if its the pit crew that causes problems with some car mods is it possible to have just the Marshal or will that still cause problems?
Also i like XD but that has its own d3d9.dll if i use that not yours what effect will that have?

If still needed i can test the above fixes
In theory removing all .ani files except PitMarshall.ani in race 07\Gamedata\Scripts should exclude pit crew but still have pitmarshall.
But also mods that causes game to crash with pit crew "should" work if pitcrew detail in game options is set to lowest.

Not entirely sure, but I think XD has the same things included in its d3d9.dll (and other things too obviously) as the one that is used in race remaster, so I think you should be able to use it without problems.

I updated Race Remaster with the latest update, I hope it works for everyone :)

I don't know if you solved the problem, and I am a bit late trying this out. But after a bit of messing around, I worked out what was wrong and managed to fix it.
When I run Config.exe, it creates the Race 07 folder in My Documents. However, two files are missing, Config and sysinfo.
When I run RaceR_Steam, it creates a second folder in my documents called RaceR. This folder has the correct files, Config, GameInstallOrg, and sysinfo. However, the folders CustomSkins and UserData are missing.

After trying a few things, I discovered if I copy Config and sysinfo from the RaceR folder and put them into the Race 07 folder, it works.

There are two things I can think that may be different in my system, which may or may not affect this. AMD video card with that awful Adrenalin software. And my steam folder is on a second hard drive.

Last edited:
I don't know if you solved the problem, and I am a bit late trying this out. But after a bit of messing around, I worked out what was wrong and managed to fix it.
When I run Config.exe, it creates the Race 07 folder in My Documents. However, two files are missing, Config and sysinfo.
When I run RaceR_Steam, it creates a second folder in my documents called RaceR. This folder has the correct files, Config, GameInstallOrg, and sysinfo. However, the folders CustomSkins and UserData are missing.

After trying a few things, I discovered if I copy Config and sysinfo from the RaceR folder and put them into the Race 07 folder, it works.

There are two things I can think that may be different in my system, which may or may not affect this. AMD video card with that awful Adrenalin software. And my steam folder is on a second hard drive.

The latest version should take care of this. The config file needs to know what the game that uses it is called. It was hard coded in the original file, but this version needs to read it from a file called "ApplicationInfo.gdb"
So if it is included (as it is in latest version) the setup exe looks for or creates a save folder called "RaceR".

Someone with an relatively clean Race07 install who can help me testing the new installer and mod structure?
It works as it should here, but that's no guarantee it will on other computers...

The first attempt. Upgrading Race 07 to Remaster.

I made a backup of the original Race 07 in steamapps\common, I deleted files from Userdata for the original Race 07 install and started the .cmd on the original Race 07 in steamapps\common

Very quickly, the script copied the new files to folders.

Config created a new folder, so it is ok.
Starting the game (the new Red icon): Steam API failed.
I haven't seen this for years, because I use a patched steam.dll that does need internet connection at all. I may share this file.
Logging it to Steam, starting the game Red icon again. The config window started again.

I have the same problem in ATCC3, because the .exe filename is different than Race_Steam.exe, but when I click the game icon, the game starts.

Clicking the RaceR .exe starts Config file endlessly. I cannot start the game.
Both the new Red icon and the original Race_Steam.exe start the Config only.

Now Copying the whole Race Remaster to a different folder, D:\Games\
It didn't start. Again config only... but

I copied the RaceR_Steam.exe , only this file, to the original Race 07, without modifications and it started :geek:
I copied RaceR_Steam.exe to one of older versions of ATCC3 and it started the game too :confused:

Now I really don't know what could be wrong, that the patched game doesn't start. I will try to restart my PC.

The first attempt. Upgrading Race 07 to Remaster.

I made a backup of the original Race 07 in steamapps\common, I deleted files from Userdata for the original Race 07 install and started the .cmd on the original Race 07 in steamapps\common

Very quickly, the script copied the new files to folders.

Config created a new folder, so it is ok.
Starting the game (the new Red icon): Steam API failed.
I haven't seen this for years, because I use a patched steam.dll that does need internet connection at all. I may share this file.
Logging it to Steam, starting the game Red icon again. The config window started again.

I have the same problem in ATCC3, because the .exe filename is different than Race_Steam.exe, but when I click the game icon, the game starts.

Clicking the RaceR .exe starts Config file endlessly. I cannot start the game.
Both the new Red icon and the original Race_Steam.exe start the Config only.

Now Copying the whole Race Remaster to a different folder, D:\Games\
It didn't start. Again config only... but

I copied the RaceR_Steam.exe , only this file, to the original Race 07, without modifications and it started :geek:
I copied RaceR_Steam.exe to one of older versions of ATCC3 and it started the game too :confused:

Now I really don't know what could be wrong, that the patched game doesn't start. I will try to restart my PC.

Yes this happens to some for an unknown reason. It seems the game just don't want to start in a different folder tan the original.

I have a new version and installer ready that should work in a different way, I'll send you a link later today...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back