Race Remaster

There's something wrong but I just don't know what could that be. I've been playing Season with 2006 cars and I had minidump crashes at random points of the first round at Monza. Not sure what might be causing them. Just now I dropped some detail (drawing distance from Very Far to Far and everything that was on Max to High despite running maxed out easily + I already had Pit Crews on Low) and was able to complete the first round at Monza (qualifying + two races with real length - 9 laps) without crashes but I feel like I was just lucky.

By the way, I found a mistake - championships inside the Championships folder need to be put into "Official" folder or they won't show up. I was able to see WTCC 2006 season only after moving the file.

Besides - it's night and day between the original and remaster. The graphics with remastered tracks and with new shaders are nearly as good as RaceRoom IMO and when I tried the original later the difference was massive, at least on Monza as it's still the only track I raced on.

The AI seems to be very fun to race against and the car drives much better and is easier to control. Not sure if the physics are more realistic than original because I've never driven a WTCC Alfa Romeo 156 but it seemed very difficult to drive when I tried the original after the remaster.

Thank you for your hard work keeping RACE 07 alive. I'd love to see more parts of the game remastered to the same level because it really is amazing. Keep up the good work and I can't wait for more!

Last edited:
Thanks! There are obviously a few things left to fix.
If the game crashes when pitstops are selected and pitcrew detail are higher than low it is probably a tire texture problem with some wtcc 06 car. The pit stop animation handling in the game can't load as long search paths as the rest of the game, so if a car with this problem (when a texture can't be loaded) tries to pit the game will crash. (a mesh file with the same problem will cause a crash when a race is loaded) I had the same problem with Honda Accord '07, but when adding the wheel texture to the directory of the car that problem was gone. Haven't had the problem with '06 cars, but can't remember if I have tested that specificly. Championship files are moved in my mod file template now, have also found a few more minor errors to fix.

It seems installing the mod and making a new game install can sometimes cause some problems for some, probably caused by how userdata directorys are created by the game. I could probably create them from the installer instead, but not sure how the game will react to that...

I had pit crew detail set on low and the race didn't have mandatory pit stop (but maybe an AI got damaged and went to the pits?). The reduced draw distance looked quite bad on Magny-Cours so I set everything to max again, we'll see.

As for the crashes, there were two overall - first one was a hard freeze with minidump error afterwards and in the second one I had image freeze but the game continued, however after I minimized it I got minidump error.

Lately I had strange things happen in GTR2 once or twice where image would freeze but the game would continue. I think it might've been because I used Game Bar (convenient for controling my audio as I like to play with some music in the background) which is quite odd as I've been using it for a long time without such thing happening. (Windows 10 update perhaps?) It's possible that the second RACE 07 crash had the same cause.

For now I disabled Game Bar completely, hope it helps.

Sorry for double posting but I found two more things to report. ;) There are two "play" buttons in the replays and Brands Hatch has green blank billboards (at least the 2006 variant) (could be placeholders?).

UI.png

Brands Hatch.png

EDIT: I enjoyed a long time without crashes but then the game crashed at Brands Hatch right as I passed the finish line in the second race with minidump and I'll have to do both races again. They were quite fun though.

Last edited:
Sorry for double posting but I found two more things to report. ;) There are two "play" buttons in the replays and Brands Hatch has green blank billboards (at least the 2006 variant) (could be placeholders?).

View attachment 554720

View attachment 554722

EDIT: I enjoyed a long time without crashes but then the game crashed at Brands Hatch right as I passed the finish line in the second race with minidump and I'll have to do both races again. They were quite fun though.
Yes I saw the pause button error yesterday :geek:

The green billboard error there is hard for me to see, as my install doesn't have them (I think I deleted them many years ago), but I think I can fix that.

Did you install a new special RaceR version of the game, or did you update standard Race07?
I wonder if it is some missing Userdata files and folders that crashes your game :unsure:

I made a copy (manually) of entire RACE 07 folder and installed Remaster into it using the installer. The install didn't have any mods installed because I'm using JSGME and no mods were active. Also I have all expansions installed.

My Userdata in Documents has been carried over from previous install but I made a new profile for the Remaster.

Last edited:
I have added a proxy d3d9 that should solve an alt + tab crash and possibly some other things.
I'll send you a small patch, maybe it can help solving some of the issues?

I have rewritten some parts of the installer so all necessary files should be placed in C:\Users\**\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07 [Install X] (the right number here).
The installer should check for at least 5 installs and use the first available number.

Replay pause button should be fixed.
Hopefully the billboard at Brands Hatch too.

I will upload new version today or tomorrow.

How to add other series besides WTCC in the updated Race07 version of the mod?
Usually it should be standard procedure (just paste the cars/tracks) but if that don't work the modified RaceRemaster RACE07.gdb might be included?
The file is modified to not show the not installed classes in the 'stand alone' install of Race Remaster, but it is not included in the upgrade installer.

The file should not cause any trouble in the game in theory, and it works well for me (just that the class order is by class index instead of sorted by the file), but I have heard one user who could not see any more classes. Replacing the modified .gdb file (located in ...\GameData\Classes) with the original one should help:

Last edited:
@AndreasFSC ,
Wierd things happening when i try to implement the COMPANIAN Plugin Emulation for CrewChief (by Yuca) to Remaster, i have all the files from Remaster on the Folders where it should go, i just added "rfactor.exe" (specialy made for Remaster) from Yuca and first started "rfactor.exe" then started CC running rfactor, then i start Race_Steam (original), I see the Remaster UI and on track first thing i noticed is that the spotter desapeared, only the crewchief "Jim" is there, in practice and qualy, everything goes ok apart from spotter, then in race i still have no spotter and when i call for a pitstop i get a CTD with minidump. The CTD happens only in race session, and the spotter is totaly absent in all sessions.
I would really like to have CC together with Remaster if that's possible.

Do you have some infos as how to fix this ?

Thanks,
Silvano

Last edited:
@AndreasFSC ,
Wierd things happening when i try to implement the COMPANIAN Plugin Emulation for CrewChief (by Yuca) to Remaster, i have all the files from Remaster on the Folders where it should go, i just added "rfactor.exe" (specialy made for Remaster) from Yuca and first started "rfactor.exe" then started CC running rfactor, then i start Race_Steam (original), I see the Remaster UI and on track first thing i noticed is that the spotter desapeared, only the crewchief "Jim" is there, in practice and qualy, everything goes ok apart from spotter, then in race i still have no spotter and when i call for a pitstop i get a CTD with minidump. The CTD happens only in race session, and the spotter is totaly absent in all sessions.
I would really like to have CC together with Remaster if that's possible.

Do you have some infos as how to fix this ?

Thanks,
Silvano
Hi, CTD usually happens when the game tries to start the pitcrew walk out animations if there is a loading problem (related to the car wheels and pit animation).
The pit animations can't handle as long loading paths as the rest of the game can.
If a mesh can't be loaded it results in CTD when loading track, if a (wheel) texture can't be loaded it results in a CTD when pit stop is called.

What car did you use?

Last edited:
i used the WRC mod, Ford Focus RS.
How can i see what weel texture to change? and pit animations are from Remaster because i cant find other animations, alltough i have been told the files are to be find in http://88.135.175.49:33/BB/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=100&sid=28e586becefbbc979ded54163c3d632a

Maybe i dont look where i should but honestly i coulndt find animations there, only lots of versions of COMPANIAN, i am trying to make it work since 2 weeks, so far without 100% success. i can make races but i cant go pit and spotter still absent.

No idea what else to do, should i try with originals content of Race07 ?

would be great if you can help

Last edited:
The animations is included in Race Remaster, but the car wheels are also loaded in the animations.
All animation files should be included in a Race Remaster install/update.

The problem is that the game pit animation handler can't load the files from the car because the complete loading path for 3dparts or textures is too long.

If, lets say, the car uses texture "wheel.dds" and it is located in "Gamedata\Teams\ALittleLongModName\ThiscarsName Teams\Textures"
The animation handler does not have space for that, so it tries to load and use
"Gamedata\Teams\ALittleLongModName\ThiscarsName Teams\Textures\wh" (I don't know the exact length)
And that will be a CTD. One way to solve that is to shorten folder names, but it also requires updating load paths in the .cas file of the car. Or if there is a "Textures" folder in a car folder, textures could be placed directly in the car folder instead.

Ah i understand, i will try to check that in the .cas file, your explanation is clear, but the question remain, why it does that ONLY in race and not in practice or qualy ?

Thanks mate, i will try different stuff and put a texture folder in the car folder and make the necessairy changes in the .cas file, hoping i get some results ;)

Ah i understand, i will try to check that in the .cas file, your explanation is clear, but the question remain, why it does that ONLY in race and not in practice or qualy ?

Thanks mate, i will try different stuff and put a texture folder in the car folder and make the necessairy changes in the .cas file, hoping i get some results ;)
Probably because there are no (or limited) pitstop animations in the game if it not Race 1

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back