Race Remaster

If you have more cars but they are not visible in game you can try delete 'RACE07.gdb' in \Gamedata\Classes . It should not be necessary, but I think I heard someone having the same problem.
In terms of seeing only WTCC 2006 and 2007, I had this experience when I was testing Andreas' mod. It's by design, since those are the only cars that have been improved. But IIRC, if you use the stock RACE07.gdb from your normal RACE 07 install instead of the RACE Remaster one, you'll be able to see other cars if you have them installed.

Last edited:
I did end up getting the installer working but like Kenny the install it makes does crash, i copied the ui data folder and that has fixed it so the installer is probably missing some when copying for a new install

I didn't have this issue at all but I did my backup copy manually. I just put the contents of the archive in the steam's "commons" folder, made a copy of Race 07 folder and named it "race07-no-remaster". Then I run the setup and it updated my original install ("race07" folder). The only thing I had to fix later was Peugeot 407 typo, the game works fine, I have new menus and all the content (GTR Evo etc.)

Last edited:
I make some fixes now.
As templarnor4 say there are a problem in the installer that makes a new install.
Standard Ui files are missing before the new Ui files are copied over.
Also maybe I have found the cause of the graphics setup starting instead of game.

Last edited:
When the error occurs it seems to be because Config.ini is created in C:\Users\**\Documents\SimBin\Game instead of C:\Users\Andreas\Documents\SimBin\Race 07 by the graphics configuration.
The file Config.ini can be copied over, and that fixed the problem for me. But I will try to fix it too.

For me even after copying to \Game it doesn't work, I have to use compatibility settings which makes \Race 07 Install # which when copied into will work.

On another note Rydell and Dirk Muller are lacking their talent files

WTCC Extreme cars get some tweaked normals, new shaders and fixes for pitcrew.

25.jpg

So i did manage to make it work somehow by copying all the files from regular install to RaceR folder, but than the game doesn't have any antialiasing, while the regular game is crisp. Lots of issues, at least for me :( I did this as a separate install and update install of the regular game, with vanilla game.

You can also enable Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) in Nvidia Control Panel and set resolution in Race Config to 4k. Your 1070 should handle that because my 1660ti can.

Last edited:
If you mean enable Nvidia control panel options for the exe yes, i did that, also with the Nvidia Profile Inspector. The problem is somewhere in the Documents/Simbin folder. I'll se what i can do with that.

Nvidia Control Panel is good but even better with Nvidia Profile Inspector.

There you set all gmotor 2 games Antialiasing Compatibility to 0x04412C1 (Diablo III)
That fixes the texture flicker.
Then add AA as you feel you need.
This above works well for Race 07, GTL, Gr2 and AMS.

With an RTX 2070 I use 2xMSAA and 2x SGSS and 2.25 x DL DSR.
Before DL DSR I just used 4XMSAA and 4 SGSS which also look great.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.