Race Department Racing Manager - Season 1

Would you like to see pace modes added after Jeddah?

• FOR (I want pace modes)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • AGAINST (I don't want pace modes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ABSTAIN

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • PARTIALLY FOR (I want only the tyre saving mode)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Losail Laps 26-57
I am providing full commentary here, because this race was wild :confused:
26.PNG

Russell, motivated by his pit wall, makes stunning progress on the soft tyres, even passing the much faster Harvey car of Vettel. Piastri pits, and is stuck behind the Jawz car of Bottas. Perez pits a bit later, but has a slow stop. Hulkenberg pits and makes quick work of the traffic around him, and is chasing the leading trio.
30.PNG

Piastri manages to pass Bottas, Alonso pits and he too passes Bottas on his outlap. Stroll becomes the second retirement, as Russell is starting to hold up Vettel, causing Hulkenberg to catch up to the pair.
34.PNG

Russell appears to make a small error, costing him positions to both Vettel and Hulkenberg, who is clearly being held up by Vettel on the slower tyre.
38.PNG

Hulkenberg is released, but not for long as Vettel becomes the third retirement, and Harvey can start packing their motorhome. Ricciardo pits and rejoins behind the 2 Jawz cars.
42.PNG

Hulkenberg pits from the lead, however will inherit second place once the cars ahead pit, with just Perez going to the end. Hightech opted to keep Leclerc out on worn tyres for this stint, as he struggles and loses a lot of places. Magnussen and Ricciardo are making good progress against the Jawz duo.
46.PNG

Hulkenberg catches, and passes Perez to take the lead. Russell was following his laptimes, but is unable to make a pass as he reports an issue with his battery charging.
50.PNG

Leclerc is flying on fresh soft tyres, Norris also passes Russell who will have to settle for fourth this race.
54.PNG

Ricciardo and Magnussen have a small scrap, but Ricciardo takes the upper hand, with Magnussen dropping behind Leclerc too. Piastri only just holds on to his P5, while Perez defends from Norris for P2.

I am in the process of updating the budgets, soon

Singapore Qualifying
1666860979364.png

OUT: GAS, BOT, GIO, ZHO, PIA
1666861024348.png

OUT: PER, ALB, HUL, ALO, DVR
1666861068506.png

Weather Update
The race will start off intermediate wet and it should become dry around lap 20-23, staying dry to the end.

Strategy update
16 laps soft
26 laps medium
33 laps hard
34 laps intermediate
due to Singapore being hard to overtake and with a long pitlane, intermediate straight onto hard looks like the best strategy, but for those wanting to experiment, intermediate onto medium with tyre saving could also be viable.
Note that the hards might also need a little bit of tyre saving to make it all the way, but because it's Singapore I will also keep an eye out for the 2 hour rule.

There will be one pause on lap 21, and you will have to guess the crossover point manually between these laps given (20-23)
Deadline, Oct 28th 20:00 CEST

Last edited:
Weather Update
The race will start off intermediate wet and it should become dry around lap 20-23, staying dry to the end.
i should clarify that the track will get dry in one of these laps, so you should guess a lap when you are switching to a dry compound. And because I am also playing with Jawz, I will randomize this after the strategies are sent.

i'm also going to add a pause on lap 21, deadline stays the same

Last edited:
Singapore Laps 1-9-21
1.PNG
5.PNG
9.PNG
13.PNG
17.PNG
21.PNG
Now yes there was a red flag, but because of the weather I decided to keep going.

The next update goes to the end of the race (2 hours or 61 laps, whichever comes first), and notice that the track wetness is now dry and DRS is enabled.
Deadline tuesday 16:00 CEST

Last edited:
Singpaore Laps 22-47-61
I chose to not stop at the red flag, because of the difficulty overtaking nothing would happen differently.
22.PNG
26.PNG
30.PNG
34.PNG
38.PNG
42.PNG
46.PNG
50.PNG
54.PNG
58.PNG

With 5 rounds remaining this season, I will do a championship round-up sort of.
In the last race, it was clear that there are 4 drivers standing out in terms of their performance right now: Russell, Vettel, Norris and Ricciardo, while Falcon and Harvey seem to be the leading cars, due to their delayed upgrade programs.

In the drivers championship, things are very heated between these drivers. Russell and Vettel enjoy the better cars, but are still some way behind Norris, who is still performing at a top level. Perez will need to make good use of retirements from Norris to take back the lead, and then hold onto it with consistent results in the upper midfield.
My prediction: I think Russell has more than enough time to wrap things in his favour. Vettel can give a challenge, but ultimately he is plagued by Renault's reliability, he will undoubtedly drop points and fall behind Russell, and same is true for Norris.

In the constructors championship, Red Night also joins the fight, due to consistent performances from both drivers in the upper midfield, combined with solid reliability, especially for a Renault engine, being the only team to have both drivers above 100 points each. DTK enjoys a more significant lead here, in my opinion well deserved as the strategy team haven't put a foot wrong all season. But, they will have a hard time maintaining it, as DTK's upper management was not pleased with the car's performance in Singapore, and it looks unlikely that this situation will improve. Excelsior is the outsider here, as Norris is pulling his weight but Zhou was simply not up to the task.
My prediction: DTK may be the slowest team in the top 4 right now, but this season they've shown they can rise up the midfield efficiently, even with both drivers, to collect points off the mistakes from others in front, while the reliability of the Ferrari will keep them in the running. They will need to continue doing this to hold on to their large lead, Falcon will put a strong charge due to their car advantage but ultimately, Ricciardo's terrible performances, lack of direction in car development, and some horrible strategy choices, even in the previous race, continue to hold back this team.

Last edited:
Suzuka Qualifying
1667385960785.png

Chose to show the first run, since there were a lot of mistakes, but nobody crashed
1667385989174.png

OUT: GIO, ALB, ZHO, ALO, HUL
1667386033521.png

OUT: DVR, MAG, PIA, LEC, PER
1667386119339.png

Weather Update
Race will start intermediate,
1667388736984.png

The tyres will last long enough between the changeable periods even on push, this is not a concern.
Compound time lost:
1667392677852.png

time lost is per lap
note the cut-off points are on 25, 75% wetness respectively, it's a scale so the time lost may not be so extreme.

Everyone starts on intermediate and you have to guess the cut-off point, like in Singapore (and I will again randomize it at runtime). First update until end of lap 16.
Deadline November 3rd 12:00 CEST

Last edited:
Suzuka Race Laps 1-16
1.PNG
5.PNG
9.PNG
13.PNG

The crossover point must be lap 17 now, as it still hasn't been reached lol but everyone switched to wets :D

Update until lap 29.
Deadline Nov. 4th 22:00 CEST

Last edited:
Suzuka Race Laps 17-29
17.PNG
21.PNG
25.PNG
29.PNG
Next update until lap 48.
Deadline Nov. 7th 17:00 CET

And the final update will be until lap 53, deadline monday 22:00 CET

Last edited:
ok i don't know if i made it clear enough how the wet weather is calculated,
so the "Track Wetness" shown is for the previous (completed) lap.
Taking the example of Perez because he pitted at the cut-off point, first the game calculated his wet tyre lap at 82% wetness, then the pitstop, then the next lap at 69% wetness on intermediate.
The amount by which the wetness goes down is also random.

Other drivers who missed the cut-off point would lose time according to the scale, which goes exponentially up to the values I showed in this graph
so for example, at 74% wetness, intermediate would be faster by 0.2s than wet, but at 76% wetness, wet would be 0.1s faster than intermediate, and it goes up exponentially from this base value.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back