Race Department Racing Manager - Season 1

Would you like to see pace modes added after Jeddah?

• FOR (I want pace modes)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • AGAINST (I don't want pace modes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ABSTAIN

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • PARTIALLY FOR (I want only the tyre saving mode)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Monza Free Practice
fp1.PNG
fp2.PNG

Budgets have already been updated
5 race delay before Mexico City
Market is open until Oct 16th 22:00 CEST

oh also an announcement:

starting the next race, the Deployment failure will no longer be terminal, but instead give -200 engine power, meaning the driver with this failure can be classified as finished.
Since there are 8 failure types, this means there's now a 12,5% chance you will get the finishing PP and potentially points. To counteract this, I've reduced everyone's reliability by 10 points, and this is reflected in the reliability %, which is now lower, most noticeably for Renault users due to how the reliability points are structured.

Monza Qualifying
1665944143037.png

OUT: RIC, DVR, VER, RUS, GAS
1665944343348.png

OUT: GIO, ALO, BOT, PER, ALB

because Norris had his failure on the second runs, he will advance to Q3 but will not set a time.
1665944422884.png

Weather Report
Race is dry

Strategy Report
Softs go 16 laps
Mediums go 28 laps
Hards go 35 laps
1a: medium - pit lap 25 - hard (push entire race) - by far fastest 1 stop
1b: soft - pit lap 18 - medium (save entire race) - slower by 4,6 seconds, but potentially safer due to less pushing, also a soft start
2: soft - pit lap 15 - soft - pit lap 30 - medium (push entire race) - faster than 1a by 2,8 seconds
3 stop is not worth it unless there is a SC (slower by 7 seconds than the 2 stop)

The update will go until lap 17.
Deadline Oct 17th 22:00 CEST

Monza Laps 1-17
1.PNG

Vettel gets eaten off the line, as he loses 2 positions, but quickly re-passes Leclerc with his superior package.
5.PNG

Zhou tries too hard to push against the Harveys, and makes a big lockup which forces him down the order. Magnussen uses his tyre advantage to get ahead of Leclerc.
9.PNG
13.PNG

Piastri becomes the second Monza victim, as he locks up and drops well behind his teammate. Magnussen's efforts were in vain as the pitcrew makes a massive mistake, which now forces him back behind Zhou. Hulkenberg gets a better pitstop.
17.PNG

But Hulkenberg could do nothing against the warmed up soft runners around him, as he drops 4 places!

Next update till lap 25. (bit short, but to keep it in line with the strategy)
Deadline Oct 19th 23:00 CEST

Monza Laps 18-25
18.PNG

Vettel seems to have become the first test subject of the new patch, as he loses a lot of speed due to deployment failure.
22.PNG

Bottas becomes the second casualty, with a gearbox failure.

Next update until lap 37.
Deadline Oct 20th 23:00 CEST

Losail Free Practice
fp1.PNG
fp2.PNG

Weather Report
full dry obviously

News Section
The new reliability patch that was supposed to drop everyone's failure rate by 10, only dropped it by ~6,5, so it's going down again in the new patch, reflected in the new buys.
I am also introducing a 1,5% chance of "crazy start", where cars will retire completely randomly, simulating a lap 1 chain collision.

Rumour Mill
Reports suggest the Harvey Racing cars were hitting 366kph on the speed trap in a show-run in Monza.
Russell suggested Falcon has a C-spec car in the works, and it's the most planted car he's ever driven. But he pointed out that the engineers can still work on straight line speed. Falcon leadership denied any claims about the C-spec car.
Jawz GP mechanics were seen doing a rain dance, but in a literal desert peninsula, their efforts were futile. Could this suggests the car could be a wet-weather gem?
A former Renault employee, angry about losing his job, leaked highly confidential data to the FIA about their engine.

The PMs are in the process of being updated, deadline for buys Sunday 16:00 CEST

Losail Qualifying
1666542935448.png
1666542990704.png

Perez had his failure after the second run was completed, but he is out anyway
1666543042873.png

Weather report
obviously dry

Strategy report
Softs - 14 laps
Mediums - 24 laps
Hards - 30 laps
#1 - medium (save for 6 laps), pit lap 27 hard. only choice for 1 stop.
#2 - soft - pit lap 14 medium (push 7 laps) - pit lap 36 medium (push 7 laps) - 2 stop is 5,6 seconds faster. This is the only variation of the 2 stop that was faster in my test run.
3 stop is not faster at all because the pitlane is too long so really only between these 2 options.

First lap will go until lap 26. Deadline monday 16:00 CEST.
I might delay it further, as I am busy tomorrow but ofc don't rely on it :D

Last edited:
Losail Race Laps 1-25
1.PNG
5.PNG
9.PNG
13.PNG
17.PNG
21.PNG
25.PNG

Next update to the end (i wanted to trial a one-update race this race)
Deadline Oct 26th 18:00 CEST

Is there a pit crew upgrade? Both my guys took extra 6-8 seconds. :(

Kinda defeats purpose of trying to undercut.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea