Race #10, Australia: Post-Race Checks

Incidents

Before going straight to the incidents verdicts take into account that there has been some rule changes this year regarding the penalty system and it may seem that penalties are harsher than previous years.

This year with the introduction of the Safety Rating value every driver gets 0.25 SR for aclean race (2 Races per Weekend).
That means that if a driver has a penalty of 1.5 penalty points he will be able to recover those penalty points doing 6 clean races (3 Race Weekends) while the previous years the driver had to do 5 consecutive clean races (5 Weekends) in order to “erase” his penalty points.

Incident #1
Driver(s) Involved Daniel Kiss, Jonny Simon
Lap/Replay Time R1 / L1 / 0:10
Protest Description Simon is initially ahead of Kiss. However Kiss maintains excessive apex speed and is now alongside Simon. Kiss does not take a tighter line into the corner and has no regard to leave room for Simon forcing him off the track and resulting in his eventual retirement from the race, Kiss continues unharmed.
Verdict See RD #1.

Incident #2
Driver(s) Involved Jorrick Boshove, Thomas Satherley, Borja García
Lap/Replay Time R2 / L1/ 0:04
Protest Description Boshove and Satherley make a sandwich with García. Borja is side by side with Satherley and when he is overtaking them, both close the room.
Verdict See RD #2.

Incident #3
Driver(s) Involved Guillermo Prieto, Giordano Valeriano
Lap/Replay Time Starting Grid (Sprint Race
Protest Description An accident happened in front and all the drivers back up to avoid damage the car, but Valeriano decided to keep accelerating and crashes me from behind breaking my rear wing.
Verdict Valeriano had no time to react (same verdict as some drivers in race 1 & 2, main causes were RD #1 and RD #2). No further action.

Race Director Incidents
First lap incidents.

RD #1
Race 1
Description Daniel Kiss pushes Jonny Simon off track, Simon comes back in unsafe manner. This causes Torres to try and take evasive action and hits Sebastian Dunkel. Torres has room to keep his line.
Verdict
Daniel Kiss: -1.00 Penalty Point, 5 Grid Penalty, Suzuka Feature
Jonny Simon: -2.00 Penalty Points, 10 Grid Penalty, Suzuka Feature
Alvaro Torres: -0.50 Penalty Points, Official Warning

RD #2
Race 2
Description Boshove, Garcia and Satherley squeeze each other, causing massive wreck before T1. All 3 drivers made bad decisions.
Verdict
Jorrick Boshove: -1.00 Penalty Point, 5 Grid Penalty, Suzuka Sprint
Borja Garcia: -1.00 Penalty Point, 5 Grid Penalty, Suzuka Sprint
Thomas Satherley: -1.00 Penalty Point, 5 Grid Penalty, Suzuka Sprint

RD #3 - Qualifying Cuts (Back of Grid, R11 at Suzuka, Feature Race)
Q1
Peter Helmbro
Nick Rowland

Q2
Martin Hodas

Last edited:
I know I was at fault, but this penalty is ridiculously harsh... What's the point of the SR system if you don't even use it at all?

Whats the point of the SR system if people keep making stupid mistakes at the start?

I use the SR system when people have protests against them. Since earlier this season I have done 1st lap incidents this way. Not a complaint until now.

Whats the point of the SR system if people keep making stupid mistakes at the start?

I use the SR system when people have protests against them. Since earlier this season I have done 1st lap incidents this way. Not a complaint until now.
So, basically I've got a Start from the pits penalty for pushing someone wide. Thanks, that sounds fair enough.

Only one making stupid mistakes here is you, as usual. How come do you give the same penalty to Daniel and Alvaro when they have absolutely nothing to do with the crash?

Daniel closed the door in T1, correct, and he deserves a proportional penalty for that, but the big crash happened way after Simon rejoined the track, so it is not directly related. Same with Alvaro, he tries to avoid Simon and as a result, unfortunately Sebastian crashed with him. And both of them got a start from the pits, totally ruining their next race.

Bravo!

I warned everyone repeatedly. I even did so in the chat this race. This is nothing different I have done all season.

All these little incidents added up. These are the penalties. Next time take care on the first lap.

One clueless, dumb director will not make me give up.

quitarse+el+sombrero+diego+fournier.gif

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back