Race #10, Australia: Post-Race Checks

So in this case I would be allowed, to crash with zaharov at the left to avoid the car in front of me without getting a penalty? good to know ;-)

It's not about if you are allowed or not, the thing is about the intentionality of the manouver, penalizing someone who unfortunately had a contact due to a late evasive move to avoid a car that comes off the track is just sick.

But where is the point to avoid one car to just drive into another?
And common, which accident is really intentional? If someone make a intentional accident, he deserve at least a race ban...

But where is the point to avoid one car to just drive into another?
And common, which accident is really intentional? If someone make a intentional accident, he deserve at least a race ban...

If you brake late into a corner and you hit a driver, that is intentional (not the outcome but the fact that you decide yourself to brake late). But in this case his line change is not intentional, it is as a consecuence of having another driver coming off the track who is about to invade his racing line in a matter of tenths of a second...

Ya I understand, but in this case, I personally would try to get as near to Dunkel at the right as possible without touching him and only concentrate on Dunkel and trust Simon, that he will not get more into his racing line.
Its the same in public traffic. If you try to avoid a animal-vehicle crash by doing a evasive steering move and hit another car at this move, its always your fault.
I see no problem to just slow down in this case or even brake a bit to get sure, simon will not cut torres` racing line

Ya I understand, but in this case, I personally would try to get as near to Dunkel at the right as possible without touching him and only concentrate on Dunkel and trust Simon, that he will not get more into his racing line.

You don't have time there to judge where the other car is, probably not even possible to see where he is in that moment due to the cockpit view limitations. We are talking about quick reactions/decisions within tenths of a second.

"
Average Reaction Times

The typical reaction time is around .2 to .3 seconds. Audio reaction time is generally 3 to 5 hundredths of a second faster. Someone like a world class sprinter might have a reaction time closer to .1 second. Someone with turtle like reflexes may have a reaction time closer to .4 seconds."

Penalties have been adjusted.
86898-today-was-a-good-day-meme-Imgu-fL7u.jpeg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back