Race #10, Australia: Post-Race Checks

You are partially right but I think that many people could help if they know that they can help. I manage a 40 drivers national league (you know which I mean) and we have enough people to discuss between 3-5 drivers all race penalties. Maybe I'm wrong but FSR should be able too.

Well FSR is pretty unique since it's one of the most competitive leagues out there, so at the end of the day it's pretty impossible to avoid the post race checks drama, I cannot avoid it in WC while I barely had any issue last year in WT for example. So obviously not a lot of people is willing to take such responsibility.

So lets break this down.

First lets ignore the penalty, we will get to that.

Race 1

Daniel Kiss - Guilty, Pushing a car off the track

I know I was at fault

Jonny Simon - Guilty, Torres having to dodge Simon returning to track

Alvaro Torres - Guilty, Yes he dodged Simon coming back on track, but then he caused contact between him and Dunkel. This was the major action that caught 9 drivers who did not finish, especially the lap 1 DNF's (7 drivers).

Drivers that DNF'd because of this:
Giuseppe Marconi (lap 1)
Renan Lopes (lap 1)
Gennaro Celiento (lap 1)
Jonny Simon (lap 1)
Artyom Aslamazyan (lap 1)
Guillermo Prieto (lap 1)
Sebastian Dunkel (lap 1)
Michi Hoyer (possible suspension damage, lap 7)
Alex Diaz (possible suspension damage, lap 22)

And 1 Driver with possible damage, and he is typically a top 10 driver:
Thomas Satherley (possible suspension damage, 2 laps down)

Race 2

Jorrick Boshove - Guilty, moving to the right

Thomas Satherley - Guilty, moving to the left

Borja Garcia - Guilty, should have backed out

Per conversation with one of your peers in a Skype chat:

[9:09:56 AM] Kris Cobb: Garcia shoulda backed off a bit
[9:11:06 AM] ACE Driver: ye, but also guys on sides had to be more carefull and go straight
[9:11:14 AM] ACE Driver: mainly boshove

So now we have guilt down.

Lets move on to the penalty.

I guess you all TOTALLY IGNORE the fact that I said earlier this season T1 and T2 incidents would be HARSHLY judged. I KNOW its harsh, that is the point.

Turn 1/Turn 2 incidents were judged harshly and rightly so. They will be judged this way all season. You are warned.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/race-2-malaysia-post-race-checks.86811/

Thomas Satherley:
why can't we be more respectful at the back? Cars flying around in my mirrors..
Maybe tougher penalties are needed.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/race-2-malaysia-post-race-discussion.86511/

AlexF1 (assuming Alex Diaz):
A lot of people think we are in a destruction derby game or something like that, pushing out of the track other drivers with no sense and hitting over and over... 0 races without damage at the moment.

Same thread as above.

Mark Aalberts (discussion about Godek's ban, in relation to other driver penalties):
...we where already long past that point during these 2 races with a lot of silly crashes that happened during the race,.. a few more racers should have been banned instead then.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/race-2-malaysia-post-race-checks.86811/page-2

This races Post-Race comments:

Norbert Leitner:
This was a really amatour racing guys in the midpack at race 2 start. It was a joke. Much harder penalties should be applied for the drivers.
(Agreed by iceagecoming, James Sadler, Victor Ivanov, myself, Teemu Valkeejarvi, Christian Smirnoff, Frederic Schornstein, Will Prieto)

James Sadler:
The crashes in both races were pretty terrible. Hopefully we get harsher penalties like @Norbert Leitner said.
(Agreed by Christian Smirnoff; Liked by Patrik Holzmann, Norbert Leitner, Rens Klop)

Will Prieto:
Completely agree with Norbert here, i couldn't complete a single lap in both races...just ridiculous, so many "heroes" who wants to win in the first corner and so many others that wants to take advantage of an accident by passing through without even lifting...
I'm expecting a lot of penalties here...that was a public server drive yesterday.
(Agreed by Christian Smirnoff, iceagecoming; Liked by James Sadler, Alvaro Torres, Norbert Leitner)

Chat in Race:

Sebastian Dunkel:
<Chat et="264.6">Sebastian Dunkel: i was hit in the wall</Chat>
<Chat et="269.2">Sebastian Dunkel: its a joke</Chat>

And also my warning in warm-up "Alright guys lets keep this clean"

And driving home my points all along:

Victor Ivanov:
And if Kiss didn't hit Simon that wouldn't have happened at all. End of story.

Georg Winter:
If you guys wouldnt do such ridiculous mass crashes every race, there wouldnt be any need to cry here... Even Pro have less of this big mass incidents...
You`re one division before WC and most of you want to do WC I guess. At the moment I would prefer pick some of the top Pro guys than from ACE...

And of course the commentary from Ondrej in his blog, unfortunately not family friendly to post here.

And the commentary earlier in the season saying PRO was cleaner than ACE.

Not including what would have been if one of you would have been caught up instead of at fault.

then again you cant omg i dont wanna touch this one with a 9 feel pole but you cant punish people for trying to dodge what is in front of them with the crash. You are trying to avoid contact and it should not be penalized, penalize the cause of this entire crash severely instead of saying everyone is guilty.

"Alvaro Torres - Guilty, Yes he dodged Simon coming back on track, but then he caused contact between him and Dunkel."

I didn't anything wrong, you say it. Then...

why don't you penalize Dunkel?
why don't you penalize Giuseppe Marconi?
why don't you penalize Renan Lopes?
why don't you penalize Gennaro Celiento?
why don't you penalize Artyom Aslamazyan?
why don't you penalize Guillermo Prieto?

Applying this stupid logic they should get a penalty too.

Who do you think you are, that you can talk this way with a race director? Do I missed something? You should get a extra penalty for talking such a ********
My name is Daniel Kiss, hello, nice to meet you.
Yes, you've missed quite a bit this season, count yourself lucky that your RD is Carlos.
This is the 3rd time when I either get a ridiculous penalty from him(Melbourne) or just simply makes the wrong decision for incident in which I'm involved (Malaysia,China). This time it's more than enough, I can deal with his decisions of Malaysia and China because all together I lost 5 points or so, but with this ridiculous penalty I'm losing at least 20 points which compromises my championship standings.
I didn't use any bad language, so I don't know what's your fuss about, but it's fair to say that I have lost all my respect towards him.

P.S.: It's the ACE post-race checks.

7mhh6j86.jpg
wb8qmhe9.jpg

Really guys, now tell me, that Torres wasnt able to avoid the accident with Simon without touching Dunkel. There was moooore than enough space... Even I would be able to do it without touching someone there...

Of course there is space, pausing the game is very easy to see where the other cars are. Unfortunately when you are racing you don't have such feature, and decisions must be taken in miliseconds.

This is a very typical action-reaction case, he suddenly found a car coming back to track in a non very safe way let's say, and inmediatly tried to avoid him. Expecting him to have the mental ability and steering precision to avoid an unexpected car on his left and another car on the right in such small amount of time and visibility just shows a total lack of racing knowledge.

Accidents can happen, and sometimes they are not possible to avoid, not always there is a driver at fault...

Of course there is space, pausing the game is very easy to see where the other cars are. Unfortunately when you are racing you don't have such feature, and decisions must be taken in miliseconds.

This is a very typical action-reaction case, he suddenly found a car coming back to track in a non very safe way let's say, and inmediatly tried to avoid him. Expecting him to have the mental ability and steering precision to avoid an unexpected car on his left and another car on the right in such small amount of time and visibility just shows a total lack of racing knowledge.

Accidents can happen, and sometimes they are not possible to avoid, not always there is a driver at fault...
Its always easy to pause the game, true. But if you argue with that, you can argue with that at any accident...
So in this case I would be allowed, to crash with zaharov at the left to avoid the car in front of me without getting a penalty? good to know ;-)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back