proTyres

Apps proTyres 2.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Don't think there is any tutorial more than the first post and the readme file. If something unclear feel free to post here.

Regarding the fps issue above nothing have changed in the app for a while, it have small impact as all apps so maybe you just on the limit. Could be related CM/CSP/Sol causing extra load in the app, but i'm not using either of that so hard to tell. Most common "fix" is to disable custom python error handling, this seems to cause issues sometimes.

Last edited:
Yeah something is up. Even with protyres disabled I still get choppy fps at on race start with a bunch of cars ahead of me for example, but goes butter smooth once I disable hud so some app is screwy.

Yeah something is up. Even with protyres disabled I still get choppy fps at on race start with a bunch of cars ahead of me for example, but goes butter smooth once I disable hud so some app is screwy.
Same thing is happening to me, but I suspect that the issue may be windows related. I was using CSP + Sol + a bunch of apps, with this one being one of them. One day, AC started to perform really badly, so I rolled back CSP, uninstalled apps, but the issue persisted. i've got no idea what the cause is.

Im getting almost 20 fps on a race start which is unplayble in VR, it was never like this so I dont know wth is going on. I renabled ProTyres and for whatever reason its working fine now.

Think I fixed it. I already had the update noted above installed. I uninstalled The Setup Market app because its no longer working (database got hacked). That seems to have fixed my issues. No FPS loss during race starts, back to performing as usual and protyres works fine.

tnx for fast reply, but how can i see or fix that cause other cars of this builder works.

it has model 10 also i have checked with other tyres.ini and i cans see any difference

Last edited:
hey, mine just doesnt seem to want to work at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).jpg
    Screenshot (3).jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 63
AC\game.cpp (261): Game::update
AC\game.cpp (112): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

anyone getting this error while trying to start a session with this app?

Where can I go for trouble shooting install? I don't know what it means to keep structure in zip file. Does that mean don't unzip?
Just unzip the archive keeping the file structure, something like below, normally you do this by extracting to the main AC folder:

1628420561340.png

Last edited:
acs 2021-08-15 00-09-13.jpg

What am I doing wrong? No matter what I tried to set via CM's config of this app I only get 1 button and 2 views, this one and one with even less info.

No extra buttons or views. First I thought maybe it's a mod car problem with loading the data from it, but no, this is the original content car in picture and the same thing happened. I saw the extra buttons and some info flash when the game loaded and I guess app was extracting from the car but then it all quickly disappeared again. Even though I have in config set to show everything in all sessions.

py_log.txt:

Code:
proTyres: INFORMATION One or more ini settings are in conflict and was changed (ERROR 19)

log.txt:

Code:
Cleaning Python Cache in path apps/python/proTyres/
Opening PyModule proTyres
Init PyPlugin:proTyres

Last edited:
py_log.txt:

Code:
proTyres: INFORMATION One or more ini settings are in conflict and was changed (ERROR 19)

This indicates you have an conflict in settings, delete config.ini and it will create default ini file again.

Settings can often be grouped practice, qualify, race and other so the track should not matter, it's more about the session.

Last edited:
It shows fine on practice session on Nurburgring Sprint GT OSRW layout. But on skidpad (0.5 should be from RD, https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/skidpad.5554/) as shown above on picture I only get limited functionality in terms of available views and information. It doesn't like skidpad for some reason.

Code:
proTyres: Track has zero spline, temporary disabled EOL
proTyres: Slicks Medium DTM90s compound loaded ok
proTyres: None PitLane track configuration
proTyres: PitBox has been set (Session)
proTyres: Session position not used
proTyres: Session init (0)

No idea why it needs an AI line or something to estimate tyre EOL. Just do it while the car is driving the laps, dynamically from how and where one drives. Overall I did not find the wear levels and EOL useful, confusing etc. I would rather see the physics value from the wear LUT to know what grip the tyre is at and then set a % from ideal where I want to see the say orange and red tyre wear indication. From driven laps it should be possible to estimate wear per lap and thus how many laps until predefined EOL grip level is reached. No need for splines or graphs that just don't look right.

Resetting the config doesn't help with the skidpad issue. It does remove the pylog ERROR 19. Though what is the problem with this config? Left is stock, right is modified via CM:

protyres.PNG

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 113 88.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 36.7%