proTyres

Apps proTyres 2.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
The first layout shows PSI value, however , you can set absolute or diff only with this setting:
[PRESSURE]
label_practice=Standard
label_qualify=Compact
label_race=Compact
label_other=Standard

Compact is diff value only
Looks like i fixed my problem by changing some lines. Standard instead of compact and extended instead of standard. Drove few races to check it. PSI values display properly now. Thank you for the clue.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2021-11-29 154841.png
    Снимок экрана 2021-11-29 154841.png
    116.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
hey i am not realy sure what i need to do. I have downloaded v2.0.0 and put it in my assettocorsa map like it told me to and it doesnt show on content manager i clicked the on button on ProTyres and it still didnt work, can anybody help me ?

I may be dumb, but your image with the explanation of each sections is really not that good. It's hard to understand what the explanation even mean, let one tell WHAT it is talking about. Could you make one that is a bit more clearer to understand? Because as it stands, at least to me, the original app is superior based on clarity alone.

That is room for improvements when it comes to explanation of features, and the pictures looks very bad in dark theme as well. At the moment there is no plans for any update, but it might happen in the future.

Hi, I can't see the app in the game, although I did all this:
- extracted all files 100% correctly
- activated the app in game settings
- no other mods/apps installed

Logfile "py_log.txt" is empty.

Logfile "log.txt" says:
Cleaning Python Cache in path apps/python/proTyres/
Opening PyModule proTyres
ERROR
PyModule :: Errors occurred loading proTyres

ERROR: Python ERROR LOADING MODULE :sys.path.append('apps/python/proTyres')

Any idea?

Last edited:
config.ini should be created once protyres is loaded once.

This is strange since the error reported is nothing, just ERROR. Most times some error appears there to give a clue. Not sure what could be the cause here since there is no actual fault reported, assume you not using content manager.

Maybe try repair thru steam, note that some adjustment in other ini and cfg files might get lost if you do so.

One user in the beginning had problems with Russian windows, but that is changed to accept most local variants some time ago.

Last edited:
I got it to work:
I deleted all proTyre-files (including fonts and icons) and restarted the game. Then extracted the archive again and now it works!

When I tried it the very first time, the proTyre.py file was missing, maybe that started the problem, but its weird that it wasn't fixed after I put the proTyre.py in the correct path later.

Anyway, thanks for the great work :)

Last edited:
Hey, i downloaded the new formula alpha 2022 mod by VRC, but ProTyres doesn't work for that car, it just doesn't load any info like temps or anything at all, is there anything i can do to fix this?
edit: i contacted VRC to ask them about it, and they said that since their car uses CSP Extended Physics it changes how the tyres behave, and ProTyres probably struggles to get information from that, if there is any way you could look into this, to make ProTyres work with CSP Extended Physics that would be hugely appreciated

Last edited:
Hi, great app, thanks! I have however been noticing its going a bit bananas (to a couple of league friends as well, but not all of them)! This behaviour started after we did a few races is the wet, with the csp generated wet tires. It's reporting 35x the tire life, when we know for a fact (as planned on) the tire would only last around 16 laps. I reinstalled the app and it was fine again. Next race, back to 350 laps to EOL. I'll provide some more details soon.
I also have a suggestion, it feels weird that you don't find a way to display the inside / center / outside temps with values like the AC App. I know some people don't change to protyres because of it, some actually use both!
Cheers

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea