proTyres

Apps proTyres 2.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
To show wear info on the pitboard (extend_info), the verbose_log needs to be set to Extend to collect and store the necessary information, the details of the error code is listed in the end of config_readme.txt

When the track has Zero Spline it have the affect that the length of the track is not known thru the API, and that is used for EOL estimations.

The color Green/Yellow/Red of the Wear and EOL bar is equal to 100-98-96-94% grip, or optional 100-98-96-91% grip, there is always a number if ways you can use or present that information.

I like this APP very much but maybe I am not expert in it, so my only question is if it's possible (and how) to also show the I/M/O temperatures (they are shown in the original AC Tyres app).

Delete the folder to remove the app, certain settings in CM or combination with older apps can cause AC to crash. Most time you can see more in AC log files in your document folder.

Delete the folder to remove the app, certain settings in CM or combination with older apps can cause AC to crash. Most time you can see more in AC log files in your document folder.
I just dragged and dropped the zip file into content manager and clean installed it to get it working well again.

Look in your py_log.txt in the log folder for proTyres entries, most likely something with the content in the data.acd files.
thi is my pt_log.txt with kes proTyre

proTyres: Current version 2.0.0, init done
proTyres: Using folder 'content/cars/apex_indycar_oval_gp/data/'

proTyres: PitBox has been set (FuzzyJump)
proTyres: ERROR Failed to open file 'old power.7z'
proTyres: ERROR Exception '<class 'UnicodeDecodeError'>'
proTyres: ERROR Exception ''charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x90 in position 40: character maps to <undefined>'
proTyres: ERROR Exception '<traceback object at 0x0000021C8C029E08>'
proTyres: ERROR Failed to open file 'power.7z'
proTyres: ERROR Exception '<class 'UnicodeDecodeError'>'
proTyres: ERROR Exception ''charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x8d in position 52: character maps to <undefined>'
proTyres: ERROR Exception '<traceback object at 0x0000021C8C659548>'
proTyres: CAR: apex_indycar_oval_gp
proTyres: TYRE: Slick Medium (M)
proTyres: INI: FRONT_1, REAR_1, THERMAL_FRONT_1, THERMAL_REAR_1
proTyres: CURVE: content/cars/apex_indycar_oval_gp/data/tcurve_soft.lut
proTyres: WEAR: content/cars/apex_indycar_oval_gp/data/slicksmedium_rear.lut
proTyres: ERROR 'content/cars/apex_indycar_oval_gp/data/slicksmedium_rear.lut'
proTyres: ERROR Wear lut curve file(s) not found

proTyres: Using folder 'content/cars/apex_indycar_oval_gp/data/'

What version are you using, Assetto_Apex_2020_Indycar_Series_v1.0 with the 1.1 update?
Do you actually have an "Data" folder in the install folder?

The file I download have the data.acd, then the path in log file should not include "/data/".

If you have extracted and created your own version, remove any non-relevant files like backups
in the data folder, it seems to open an 7z file and that might cause unpredictable results.

Hello. Maybe you can help me. I used proTyres app for long time, but it started acting weird, i don't know if it is a bug or something. Info about tyre life and PSI values doesn't show. One of them or both (just PSI on screenshot). I use full config of course. Mod or car from kunos, no difference. It is a great app, but i can't use it because of this thing. Reinstalling doesn't help.

Attachments

• py_log.txt
    10.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Снимок экрана 2021-11-24 203859.png
    Снимок экрана 2021-11-24 203859.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 50
Hello. Maybe you can help me. I used proTyres app for long time, but it started acting weird, i don't know if it is a bug or something.

Try to delete/move \assettocorsa\apps\python\proTyres\config.ini, it will reset all settings to default once proTyres is started (this file is not in install archive, so it do not get overwritten if re-install/update).

What version are you using, Assetto_Apex_2020_Indycar_Series_v1.0 with the 1.1 update?
1.1 has skin only upgrade same phisics of 1.0
Do you actually have an "Data" folder in the install folder?
yes I have make copy original for make cusom MOD apex_indycar_oval_gp where I make custom \data\ folder same data folder of original
was a problem of original slicksmedium_rear.lut was write also in original car slicksMedium_rear.lut capital letter in for medium soft etc. file mismatch with tyre.ini calls !

The file I download have the data.acd, then the path in log file should not include "/data/".

If you have extracted and created your own version, remove any non-relevant files like backups
in the data folder, it seems to open an 7z file and that might cause unpredictable results.
remove it

Many thanks, now D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\proTyres\cars_extra\apex_indycar_oval
works
Giovanni

Last edited:
You might have another python app using a conflicting "sim_info.py" class (apps\python\proTyres\lib\)

Only enable protyres, disable all other apps, if that works, then its that.
Unfortunately it didn't work. When entering the game, the app behaves like on video.
I forgot to add that sometimes app works just fine. I did not understand the pattern. App can perfectly works one session but another it will not show full info. Exact same sessions. Not sure about it, but looks like multiplayer causes the problem more often.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it didn't work. When entering the game, the app behaves like on video.

Do the display change this in real-time, without user input?

Display change is triggered by mouse, or session change so only reasonable way for this to happen is AC session info in the API altering in the same way. Do you use CM, CSP or other mods, these might cause unexpected behavior, even this one never noticed before. This independent of track/car? Some tracks have sometimes reported strange data in the python API as well.

You could try to change to this in config.ini, depending on what menu you want to be displayed:

[DISPLAY]
practice=Standard
qualify=Standard
race=Standard
other=Standard
disabled=Extend, Compact, NoWear

However, correcting another problem with a workaround might not be the best way to solve it.

Last edited:
Do the display change this in real-time, without user input?
No, i was changing layouts of app to show you that any configuration doesn't displays PSI values. You can see it in the beginning, current values imediately dissapear, only difference from optimal pressure stays. The app has information about the pressure (because it shows offset from optimal), but for some reason it doesn't display it.

No, i was changing layouts of app to show you that any configuration doesn't displays PSI values.
The first layout shows PSI value, however , you can set absolute or diff only with this setting:
[PRESSURE]
label_practice=Standard
label_qualify=Compact
label_race=Compact
label_other=Standard

Compact is diff value only

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks