proTyres

Apps proTyres 2.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Okay I found the error, it's a conflict between proTyres and ACRL DRS for whatever reason.

For reason not clear, sometimes python seems to cache py files. ACRL DRS uses an older version. If you copy "apps\python\proTyres\lib\sim_info.py" to ACRL DRS, both apps will work. The newer version is backwards compatible so there is no further issues.

I will add the cars with data.acd files in the next update of the ini & lut pack.

The following cars has and open Data folder and have native support in proTyres:
KTM X-BOW GT4, BMW Z4 GT3, Porsche 919 EVO, Ferrari P4/5-T GTP and SR8 RX530
If they not working, it most of the time is missing files, then the author need to fix it

SR3 turbo (wrong file) and Ford Mustang IMSA (no file) download is not working

Until updated, Radical RL3 and Mercedes-Benz AMG C63 DTM can be downloaded here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Xb9JEW7eZlMPTa518QJs3nZsTYMlpGi6

Hello Jens,

first of all, superb app, it's quite a helpful one.
But i have a problem with my kunos Ferrari F2004 car.
The app works fine when i use the medium and the hard tyres. But on softs, the app doesn't work.
Do you have any tips or solution for it? According to the logs, the .lut files seem to be the problem. But i cannot find a solution for this problem.

This has now been fixed in 1.4.4

I found the same problem, even with app v1.4.4, but I have a solution, and an idea as to the cause:

- the Kunos F2004 tyre wear files (slickshard_front.lut, slickshard_rear.lut, slicksmedium_front.lut, slicksmedium_rear.lut, slickssoft_front.lut,slickssoft_rear.lut), each have 8 data points, except for the soft rear (slickssoft_rear.lut) which has 9.

- if we remove the final data point in this file, protyres works again.

I think pairs of numbers in the lut file are distance travelled | grip/wear level.
Here is the slickssoft_rear.lut file with it's 9 data points:

0|99.5
0.57|100
2|99
4.5|97
7.6|93
15.2|92
20.9|90
22.8|85
38.76|85

Actually the last data point is not needed, because the grip/wear level is the same as the previous point (85) - so if it's removed, the previous value is will be carried over and the result is the same. Hence we can make it 8 data points like the others and protyres is happy.

I have attached the updated file, save it to ..\assettocorsa\apps\python\proTyres\cars\ks_ferrari_f2004\slickssoft_rear.lut and over-write the existing file (note: remove the .txt extention this was only added because this forum does not allow .lut files for some reason..)

Hope this is helpful!

edit: as of protyres v1.4.5 this fix is no longer needed.

Attachments

• slickssoft_rear.lut.txt
    58 bytes · Views: 241
Last edited:
I found the same problem, even with app v1.4.4, but I have a solution, and an idea as to the cause

Strange, wonder how that slipped thru :confused: There is several checks and optimizations done to lut files already, editing the file will help otherwise creating the array table will fail. Doubles should already be sorted out, I'll take a look at it.

Last edited:
Strange, wonder how that slipped thru :confused: There is several checks and optimizations done to lut files already, editing the file will help otherwise creating the array table will fail. Doubles should already be sorted out, I'll take a look at it.
I guess it's tricky because in isolation that .lut file is valid - there are no duplicated 'x' values (distance), which is all you can check because duplicate 'y' (wear/grip) values are valid.
It's only when compared to the other .lut files for that type compound that it's invalid which is more complex to validate (but not impossible).

Happy Christmas and thanks for a very useful mod.:thumbsup:

Hey buddy. ProTyres app is not showing in the app bar in the game.

Attachments

• log.txt
    80.3 KB · Views: 475
  • ProTyres.jpg
    ProTyres.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 202
  • py_log.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 245
It seems to load correct, you have tried enable it on one of the tabs?
upload_2019-2-9_14-27-33.png

Do not use CM to edit the INI as it will corrupt some settings,
support for CM INI configuration is added in next release.

However, enable the app should be ok.

I would guess a conflict with another app, sometimes python in AC seems to share resources.
One common case is the DRS app, in that case copy sim_info.py from protyres to the other app,
it's backwards compatible.

Otherwise please post or pm me your log and py_log files.

Jens Roos updated proTyres with a new update entry:

Content Manager configuration support and minor fix

v1.5.0 2019-02-22
- optional support for INI configuration using Content Manager (CM)
Note, ini & lut packs still needed for mod cars
- fix for when session was ended, extended tyre wear stats was wrong

If you want to use CM to configure the INI file, please read notes below
View attachment 292786

- proTyres 1.5.0 needs to run once to make your existing INI file CM compatible
- If options have wrong case format ("true" instead of "True" and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Has the problem of not appearing in apps when driving been solved because I can't see the app when driving? In Content manager it appears in the lefthand list and appears to be installed OK but it is not in the righthand list
View attachment 294566

Sorry the fault must be with how I installed it into CM. I just installed again ignoring CM and it works perfectly when I start AC straight from Steam. Thankyou! great App!

Last edited:
Great app, except it's not working when I drive the Ginetta G55 GT4 2017 V1.3 (found here)...Grass/dirt buildup and tyre lockup seems to work but tyre temps, pressures and wear/lifespan isn't working. I tested it with other cars and it works fine.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.