PC3 Project CARS 3 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly delayed news about a Slightly Mad Studios product - Project CARS 3 is now available to the general public having released on console and PC Thursday 27th August.
  • PCARS 3 available on Xbox, PS4 and PC.
  • Over 200 cars and 120 tracks available.
At long last, following a brief early access period for people who pre-ordered the title, Project CARS 3 has finally released to the wider world - hitting real and virtual stores yesterday (Thursday 27th August) for both console and PC versions of the title.

PCARS 3 Middle.jpg

Representing something of a departure from the original Project CARS franchise, the third instalment of the series places a greater focus on the customisation of both the car and game experience - moving away from the more simulation roots of the original games.

With a loyal fanbase of the original games having mixed feelings about the new direction on the build up to release, it will be very interesting indeed to see how well received the new title is over the coming days and weeks.

PCARS 3 Middle 2.jpg

About the game:

OWN YOUR JOURNEY

• 200+ elite-brand race & road cars
• 120+ global tracks
• Wide set of race conversion kits
• Race to earn Credits & XP
• Buy & own 100s of cars
• Upgrade cars with realistic performance parts
• Customize your car liveries with racing- & community-inspired elements
• Personalize your drivers

FEEL EACH MOMENT

• Fully scalable assists for all skill levels
• Convincing & fun handling
• 24-hour cycle, dynamic all-seasons, all-weather racing
• Unrivalled Controller Experience
• Visceral sense of speed
• Intense crash effects & car-contact
• Enhanced AI

EARN EVERY WIN

• New & deeply engaging career mode
• Battle your way up from weekend warrior to racing legend
• New & compelling Multiplayer and Community Modes
• Fun & exciting Daily Challenges

Project CARS 3 is available now for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got questions about the sim? Want to share your thoughts and opinions about the latest title with the sim racing community? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread today!

PCARS 3 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
In order to make a fair comparison i reinstalled SHIFT 2. But to make it a fair comparison i installed the two basic mods. The community patch and a good tire mod.
There's no comparison. SHIFT 2 has more and BETTER content. Drives the same or maybe even better and it even looks better.

As for a review....just watch Jimmy's review. He's spot on. I rarely agree with him but this time i agreed 100% after trying it for myself. It lacks basic features. It lacks content. It looks like poop. There are mobile games better than this.

:cool::D
You know the feeling when you are tempted, maybe I'll enjoy it. Where's the harm? I might be missing out!

Nothing. Nil. Zero. Zip.
Just no interest in this game at all.

They failed to deliver twice. Now a blatant cash grab? If you buy this game it's all on you. Common sense dictates 'don't buy it '.
Simple.
Yeah it’s like a friend coming around to your house 1st time they come you notice 20$ missing, 2nd time 25$
Then the the 3rd time they visit they seem surprised that the door is locked.
There not having 1 more cent from me, false promises and free ride is over.

Interesting, I own shift 2 but nevery really played it, Maybe I should try those mods....
Community Patch and either PTMU or GTyres 7.0 or 7.1. GTyres is more grippy and in my opinion a little bit better if you want some quick gamepad fun. PTMU sometimes suffers from tankslapping, like PC2 did, but it's a bit more enjoyable with a wheel. Plus, PTMU with "harder AI" addition makes it a really FUN challenge.
The problem is that all the mods for SHIFT 2 were in NoGrip website. Now that it's gone, so are the mods. For example, still can't find the Ferrari Pack.
There's a guy who's still working on SHIFT 2 and he posts his work on GTPlanet. There's also a russian website (nfs-game) that has a TON of car mods, but many links don't work anymore.

Last edited:
I could only play it for like 30 minutes or so, but you know what? I was having a fair amount of fun. Even with a wheel. Yes, it is an arcade racer, no question about it. It doesn't even try to hide it in any way. But I don't pretend to care about "a betrayal of the Project Cars legacy" or whatever people who couldn't stand the previous two games now constantly complain about, so I just enjoyed the game for what it is. It is certainly more fun than the recent Grid reimagination ever was. The FFB can be surprisingly decent for an arcade racer, and the car I drove had fun handling. It also ran well and looked better than people would make you believe.

I would probably not be in a hurry to get it for the current price, because I don't really need an arcade racer in my life that badly right now, but I might get it on sale. It's just not as bad as people would make you believe.

Community Patch and either PTMU or GTyres 7.0 or 7.1. GTyres is more grippy and in my opinion a little bit better if you want some quick gamepad fun. PTMU sometimes suffers from tankslapping, like PC2 did, but it's a bit more enjoyable with a wheel.
The problem is that all the mods for SHIFT 2 were in NoGrip website. Now that it's gone, so are the mods. For example, still can't find the Ferrari Pack.
There's a guy who's still working on SHIFT 2 and he posts his work on GTPlanet. There's also a russian website (nfs-game) that has a TON of car mods, but many links don't work anymore.

https://www.nfsplanet.com/nfsshift_files.php

Getting interested, now that the weather is warming Ive set up a spare computer and a 50" screen in my outdoor area and need some game pad friendly games.

The wife objected last time I attached my wheel to the BBQ table....

I didn't play much. I went in with realistic expectations, and the handling felt consistent and probably would have been a fun drinking game.
But the massive amounts of technical issues I experienced getting everything set up (and failed to get done correctly before the refund deadline) forced to me to refund the game. I MIGHT purchase it again on sale if they get all the bugs squashed. I don't understand how they could **** up things that already worked in the previous game? Bizarre

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back