PC3 Project CARS 3 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly delayed news about a Slightly Mad Studios product - Project CARS 3 is now available to the general public having released on console and PC Thursday 27th August.
  • PCARS 3 available on Xbox, PS4 and PC.
  • Over 200 cars and 120 tracks available.
At long last, following a brief early access period for people who pre-ordered the title, Project CARS 3 has finally released to the wider world - hitting real and virtual stores yesterday (Thursday 27th August) for both console and PC versions of the title.

PCARS 3 Middle.jpg

Representing something of a departure from the original Project CARS franchise, the third instalment of the series places a greater focus on the customisation of both the car and game experience - moving away from the more simulation roots of the original games.

With a loyal fanbase of the original games having mixed feelings about the new direction on the build up to release, it will be very interesting indeed to see how well received the new title is over the coming days and weeks.

PCARS 3 Middle 2.jpg

About the game:

OWN YOUR JOURNEY

• 200+ elite-brand race & road cars
• 120+ global tracks
• Wide set of race conversion kits
• Race to earn Credits & XP
• Buy & own 100s of cars
• Upgrade cars with realistic performance parts
• Customize your car liveries with racing- & community-inspired elements
• Personalize your drivers

FEEL EACH MOMENT

• Fully scalable assists for all skill levels
• Convincing & fun handling
• 24-hour cycle, dynamic all-seasons, all-weather racing
• Unrivalled Controller Experience
• Visceral sense of speed
• Intense crash effects & car-contact
• Enhanced AI

EARN EVERY WIN

• New & deeply engaging career mode
• Battle your way up from weekend warrior to racing legend
• New & compelling Multiplayer and Community Modes
• Fun & exciting Daily Challenges

Project CARS 3 is available now for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got questions about the sim? Want to share your thoughts and opinions about the latest title with the sim racing community? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread today!

PCARS 3 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
It's a good game. FFB is superior on many aspect's to PC2's FFB and graphics are better than Pcars 2. I will make a video.

What a bunch of lies on internet just unbelievable.

If you ask for a refund for PC3 ask for a refund for PC2 in the same time.

What is sure is that many youtubers had an agenda and "my honest" is in fact "my most dishonest review".
Make that video and lets see the proof in the pudding.

You may find yourself in an uncrashable car,
You may find yourself racing against most uselsess AI,
You may find yourself with most unbelievable tires,
You may find yourself to be forgiven for most stupid things you do,
You may find yourself... winning a race... with no effrot.

You may ask yourself.... well... HOW DID I GET HERE ?!

Let the days go by, let the truth go past you.
After the money will be gone, the truth will still flow somewhere underground.

How many times do we need to say that this game's direction was already taken well before the Codemasters acquisition?
I don’t know how many times can you say it before you loose control of all sanity ?

Tbh I didn’t actually know that so thanks for the info I have better things to do with my time, if you have a attitude problem can you point it in another direction please I came to a friendly community when I joined I want it to stay that way.

What is sure is that many youtubers had an agenda and "my honest" is in fact "my most dishonest review".
You can think that but with so many of them focusing on the same areas that they think are lacking or buggy I find that hard to accept.
Even IGN only scored it a 6.
I've played and enjoyed pCars 1&2 NFS Shift 1&2 also TDFRL so have nothing against SMS. But this just seems like poor game and is getting called out as such.

You may find yourself in an uncrashable car,
You may find yourself racing against most uselsess AI,
You may find yourself with most unbelievable tires,
You may find yourself to be forgiven for most stupid things you do,
You may find yourself... winning a race... with no effrot.

You may ask yourself.... well... HOW DID I GET HERE ?!

Let the days go by, let the truth go past you.
After the money will be gone, the truth will still flow somewhere underground.

I see you're a man of culture, nice!

Tbh I didn’t actually know that so thanks for the info I have better things to do with my time, if you have a attitude problem can you point it in another direction please I came to a friendly community when I joined I want it to stay that way.

This was information that was out there.

I also don't appreciate people talking down to me.

The chaos surrounding this title in 100% Slightly Mad's own doing. If they had marketed this title as a game, and not gone out of their way to specifically reference the simulation aspects, the backlash would be greatly reduced. If they had publicized the release as "we want to bring gamers the most fun aspects of current gen racing games using well loved content from the Project CARS series and some new surprises", they'd be a lot closer to the mark. But they couldn't resist over-selling it.

And I'll also throw in the fact that I'm concerned about their silence over the past few days. Many people thought AMS2 wasn't ready for full release when it left early access, but Reiza stepped up, owned the issues, and has kept us in the loop about improvements, fixes and future content. Slightly Mad has gone silent since the Deluxe Edition of the game released on Steam a few days ago. It's worrying to say the least...

The chaos surrounding this title in 100% Slightly Mad's own doing. If they had marketed this title as a game, and not gone out of their way to specifically reference the simulation aspects, the backlash would be greatly reduced. If they had publicized the release as "we want to bring gamers the most fun aspects of current gen racing games using well loved content from the Project CARS series and some new surprises", they'd be a lot closer to the mark. But they couldn't resist over-selling it.

And I'll also throw in the fact that I'm concerned about their silence over the past few days. Many people thought AMS2 wasn't ready for full release when it left early access, but Reiza stepped up, owned the issues, and has kept us in the loop about improvements, fixes and future content. Slightly Mad has gone silent since the Deluxe Edition of the game released on Steam a few days ago. It's worrying to say the least...

what is also worrying are the death threats received by Actrollvision for their video..when this community has became so toxic?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back