PC3 Project CARS 3 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly delayed news about a Slightly Mad Studios product - Project CARS 3 is now available to the general public having released on console and PC Thursday 27th August.
  • PCARS 3 available on Xbox, PS4 and PC.
  • Over 200 cars and 120 tracks available.
At long last, following a brief early access period for people who pre-ordered the title, Project CARS 3 has finally released to the wider world - hitting real and virtual stores yesterday (Thursday 27th August) for both console and PC versions of the title.

PCARS 3 Middle.jpg

Representing something of a departure from the original Project CARS franchise, the third instalment of the series places a greater focus on the customisation of both the car and game experience - moving away from the more simulation roots of the original games.

With a loyal fanbase of the original games having mixed feelings about the new direction on the build up to release, it will be very interesting indeed to see how well received the new title is over the coming days and weeks.

PCARS 3 Middle 2.jpg

About the game:

OWN YOUR JOURNEY

• 200+ elite-brand race & road cars
• 120+ global tracks
• Wide set of race conversion kits
• Race to earn Credits & XP
• Buy & own 100s of cars
• Upgrade cars with realistic performance parts
• Customize your car liveries with racing- & community-inspired elements
• Personalize your drivers

FEEL EACH MOMENT

• Fully scalable assists for all skill levels
• Convincing & fun handling
• 24-hour cycle, dynamic all-seasons, all-weather racing
• Unrivalled Controller Experience
• Visceral sense of speed
• Intense crash effects & car-contact
• Enhanced AI

EARN EVERY WIN

• New & deeply engaging career mode
• Battle your way up from weekend warrior to racing legend
• New & compelling Multiplayer and Community Modes
• Fun & exciting Daily Challenges

Project CARS 3 is available now for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got questions about the sim? Want to share your thoughts and opinions about the latest title with the sim racing community? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread today!

PCARS 3 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
It's a good game. FFB is superior on many aspect's to PC2's FFB and graphics are better than Pcars 2. I will make a video.

What a bunch of lies on internet just unbelievable.

If you ask for a refund for PC3 ask for a refund for PC2 in the same time.

What is sure is that many youtubers had an agenda and "my honest" is in fact "my most dishonest review".
Make that video and lets see the proof in the pudding.

I could only play it for like 30 minutes or so, but you know what? I was having a fair amount of fun. Even with a wheel. Yes, it is an arcade racer, no question about it. It doesn't even try to hide it in any way. But I don't pretend to care about "a betrayal of the Project Cars legacy" or whatever people who couldn't stand the previous two games now constantly complain about, so I just enjoyed the game for what it is. It is certainly more fun than the recent Grid reimagination ever was. The FFB can be surprisingly decent for an arcade racer, and the car I drove had fun handling. It also ran well and looked better than people would make you believe.

I would probably not be in a hurry to get it for the current price, because I don't really need an arcade racer in my life that badly right now, but I might get it on sale. It's just not as bad as people would make you believe.

I have witnessed so many gaming related shitshows i have become desensitized essentially never was really interested in project cars 3 anyways glad i dogged this bullet.

Yeah, I get it.

For the game, well, I decided to make my own opinion and bought the game. Turns out that I like it. I played it for about 14 hours now. It sure is not for everyone, but at least I’m not the only one enjoying it, I participated in multiple online races with 20+ players.

RD was always going to be a tough audience for this, and to be fair this game was never aimed at the RD membership. The reception of the game has been somewhat more positive on other forums dedicated to the likes of GT and Forza, which is understandable.

As I, and many others, have previously said, the biggest mistake here is that it was called Project CARS 3 intentionally to sell this game on the back of the Project CARS heritage despite there being so much of a departure from the previous two games that it clearly isn't Project CARS.

This has caused two problems really - the hardcore simmers aren't buying it because we've had our ear to the ground and know it's an arcade title, and the guys who want to kick back on the sofa with a joypad and do a couple of sideways laps aren't buying it because as far as they're concerned Project CARS is a complicated sim. So from both sides SMS have kind of shot themselves in the foot with regards to the marketing of this title

From a personal point of view I've nothing against arcade racers - I play a hell of a lot of Wreckfest and WipEout VR, but for me an arcade title has to do something different - like the pure carnage and insanity of Wreckfest, or the stomach out of arse moments WipEout provides in VR. Project CARS 3 doesn't appear to offer a niche like that to get me interested, plus I already have everything else except iRacing, so there's little room in my collection for it.

I'm sure there is still a market out there for arcade racers such as PC3, and I'm sure as hell not going to tell anybody not to buy this game - especially if I know they want a joypad racer. However in light of the disappointing sales figures of GRID '19, at least on PC, it may be that the market has shifted away from the casual racer, and that the low hanging fruit likely being aimed at by GRID '19 and now PC3 simply isn't there anymore. Consoles, however, may be a completely different story so there may well still be good money in such games.

I may still pick up PC3 as it's VR compatible from word go - If it didn't have VR then it would be a flat no from me.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.