PC3 Project CARS 3 | Porsche 935 @ Leipzig Gameplay Footage

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have released yet more gameplay footage from the upcoming Project CARS 3 videogame, this time onboard the stunning Porsche 935 at the German Leipzig test track.
  • Project CARS 3 set to release late August.
  • New video on and off board at the German Leipzig track.

As we get ever closer to release month for the new Project CARS 3 racing game, the development team behind the latest release in the franchise have dropped a brand new gameplay video - showcasing the 2019 issue Porsche 935 on a hot lap of the Leipzig Test Track in Germany.

The next Project CARS game has a slightly different flavour than recent editions in the franchise, as Slightly Mad Studios look to open up the game to a wider audience than was previously possible with their simulation focused first two releases. However, despite the addition of various arcade gameplay features, the studio remain adamant that the new title can also appeal to sim racers, with the aid of various game setting tweaks to bring back simulation type handling and performance aspects.

In order to help the community better understand how the game might feel once out on the track, a number of different gameplay videos are set to be released in the coming weeks ahead of launch day, of which the video below is the latest instalment:

The lap of Leipzig joins the already released earlier preview of a 2019 IndyCar at Laguna Seca, and a short trailer of a Corvette on the Interlargos track - all of which are aimed to give players a little bit more insight into how the cars are set to behave out on the track.

So, what do you think of the latest gameplay video? Like the look of the title so far? Excited for release? Let us know in the comments section below!

PCARS 3 middle.jpg

In other Project CARS 3 news, the studio are soon to release a full list of both cars and circuits set to form the base release version of the title. We've already seen some preview images and footage from such locations as Laguna Seca and Interlargos, plus cars such as the above McLaren and the 2019 Dallara IndyCar, so it will be interesting to see what other content is set to form the initial launch spec of the title once it releases this August 28th - stay tuned for more info!

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

PCARS 3 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Watching that one international video where the guy has PC3 already,

Is the max race laps only going to be 2 laps? That kind of sucks big time.

Not that it matters - but how in the heck did he get the game already? Patreon person.

Nothing more than a boring Need for Speed game named Project Cars 3.
Have to unlock cars,tracks? Give me a break.
Also do you have purposely strike those markers to keep on going - or get points to buy cars and tracks during races?
i guess the only thing it has going for it is VR so far.
The videos the developers show, they dont do any races showing laps, etc,

WHAT IS THE MAX LAPS THIS GAME CAN DO IN A RACE????????? Anybody. Only 2!!!!!!

If so, I will stick with the recent new AM2 over this game. Need to see more US video reviews for this game.

Last edited:
Absolute nonsense. That's your opinion, not the opinion of "most people". I find it quite ironic that you accuse others of believing what they want to believe, when that is clearly what you yourself are doing. Your word and opinion is not fact, sir.

Everybody on this forum has a right to state their opinions if they choose to, so stop trying to stifle other people. YOU have made more posts in this thread than any other individual, so how about you practice what you preach and let others have THEIR say? We get your opinion, you've stated it enough. Have the respect to allow others to state theirs, even if YOU personally don't agree with them.
1) It's not something i made up, it's a fact. It's what the statistics say. At least the ones they have collected anyway. So blame them not me. I didn't accuse anybody about anything either i don't know how you made that up, but it's actually what you usually do.

2) Damn right everybody has the right to voice his opinion. I'm not trying to shut down anyone. That's something that YOU do, not me. I'm just expecting some common F%^#N sense at this point.
There's no point in saying for the 1000th time that AC,ACC, iR, rF2 etc etc is better and PCars is not worth S$#T. We know it, how many times do we have to come back to it?There's no need to bash PCars games every single time we get a piece of news about it. THAT is nonsense.
Like others have stated before me, this forum has become incredibly toxic towards this franchise and keeps getting worse and worse. Now it even gets personal for some.....like you. You attack ME not because of what i'm saying about the game but because i simply say it and because i post frequently. It's you the one who's trying to "stifle" ME. I will say anything i want and i will post as many times as i want. If you don't like it, ignore me. And it's exactly what i am going to do. There's no need to make it personal...sir.

Ima buy this, I think.

One of my favorite things to do in the old Gran Turismos was to jump in an online Nordschleife room with a ~500PP limit and school all the GT3/Hypercar guys in my heavily tuned pickup truck or some other totally unsuited vehicle.

From what I've seen, I think this should be a possibility in PC3.
As long as the physics are tolerable and I can turn off all the achievement/goal flashy light crap, I think it'll be good for some casual fun for me.

Watching that one international video where the guy has PC3 already,

Is the max race laps only going to be 2 laps? That kind of sucks big time.

Not that it matters - but how in the heck did he get the game already? Patreon person.

Nothing more than a boring Need for Speed game named Project Cars 3.
Have to unlock cars,tracks? Give me a break.
Also do you have purposely strike those markers to keep on going - or get points to buy cars and tracks during races?
i guess the only thing it has going for it is VR so far.
The videos the developers show, they dont do any races showing laps, etc,

WHAT IS THE MAX LAPS THIS GAME CAN DO IN A RACE????????? Anybody. Only 2!!!!!!

If so, I will stick with the recent new AM2 over this game. Need to see more US video reviews for this game.
I guess these YouTubers were only allowed certain events, which happen to be 2 laps long

Probably will still buy it for VR, but surprised the graphics are not that great. If they want to compete with Forza and GT Sport I expected much better graphics, especially knowing they didnt work on sim physics anyway, but reduced stuff, so expected tracks and cars to atleast look much better than PC2. Also lightning and colors are all over the place. Not balanced at all seeing different footage.

looks pretty good to me,

my biggest issue with the title is that they went away too far from the simulated race weekend career style.

I really enjoy F1 games, and the physics is the least part of that , but yeah, I'm gamer, not a simmmer so screw me.

I could see this being a way better title then something like Grid, which is nice casual game, but the driving in it just doesn't feel right

[insert obligatory comment slagging off some aspect of the video while at the same time making an incredibly astute observation about a micro detail only a true simracer would notice, hence proving how much betterer I am than the plebs lusting after some arcade game]

Well, isn't this simulator oriented community / site. It's pretty natural that fans of DCS and IL-2 Sturmovik with full HOTAS and rudder systems, don't get that hyped about Ace Combat 9, compared to average gamer. They may even wonder, why article about Ace Combat 9 is stickied on their forums. After you've invested into expensive sim hardware, it's natural to gravitate towards software that uses it's capabilities

Okay maybe drawing an analogy between pCars and Ace Combat isn't fair. Perhaps War Thunder, where some of the planes fly like they are shot already

Last edited:
My opinion? it appears to be arcade with great graphics. i doubt any car drives as such.wheel looks like its floating like a ship's. what we all want is I-Racing without MORONS ABOUND. Sorry,just me and my other selves thinking aloud

Well, isn't this simulator oriented community / site. It's pretty natural that fans of DCS and IL-2 Sturmovik with full HOTAS and rudder systems, don't get that hyped about Ace Combat 9, compared to average gamer. They may even wonder, why article about Ace Combat 9 is stickied on their forums. After you've invested into expensive sim hardware, it's natural to gravitate towards software that uses it's capabilities

Okay maybe drawing an analogy between pCars and Ace Combat isn't fair. Perhaps War Thunder, where some of the planes fly like they are shot already

If you've already decided PC3 is arcade and not worthy of touching your precious expensive sim hardware then WTF are you even here?

If I'm a DCS World Flight simmer I'm not going to hang around on the Ace Combat 7 forums banging on about how unrealistic it is (I refunded AC7 myself recently as it happens). People do though (check out Steam forums for that), just like here. Its insane behavior tbh.

Don't you people whinging about how arcade PC3 is and droning on about how "it's not for me" realise how inane that sounds? Nobody cares if it's not for you.

It's ok to be critical, but you should at least own the fracking game first and have some solid experience with it in order to do a realistic critical analysis, and even that needs to be bounded by who the game is actually targeted at - not who you wish it was targeted at.

>>Well, isn't this simulator oriented community / site

It seems to be more a simulator whinging site, populated by a lot of people who have no understanding of either complex software development or the business of sustaining complex software development, but just want someone to make them their dream sim for their precious expensive sim hardware as cheaply as possible. Good luck with that.

First world problems, in a nutshell.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back