PC3 Project CARS 3 | Porsche 935 @ Leipzig Gameplay Footage

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have released yet more gameplay footage from the upcoming Project CARS 3 videogame, this time onboard the stunning Porsche 935 at the German Leipzig test track.
  • Project CARS 3 set to release late August.
  • New video on and off board at the German Leipzig track.

As we get ever closer to release month for the new Project CARS 3 racing game, the development team behind the latest release in the franchise have dropped a brand new gameplay video - showcasing the 2019 issue Porsche 935 on a hot lap of the Leipzig Test Track in Germany.

The next Project CARS game has a slightly different flavour than recent editions in the franchise, as Slightly Mad Studios look to open up the game to a wider audience than was previously possible with their simulation focused first two releases. However, despite the addition of various arcade gameplay features, the studio remain adamant that the new title can also appeal to sim racers, with the aid of various game setting tweaks to bring back simulation type handling and performance aspects.

In order to help the community better understand how the game might feel once out on the track, a number of different gameplay videos are set to be released in the coming weeks ahead of launch day, of which the video below is the latest instalment:

The lap of Leipzig joins the already released earlier preview of a 2019 IndyCar at Laguna Seca, and a short trailer of a Corvette on the Interlargos track - all of which are aimed to give players a little bit more insight into how the cars are set to behave out on the track.

So, what do you think of the latest gameplay video? Like the look of the title so far? Excited for release? Let us know in the comments section below!

PCARS 3 middle.jpg

In other Project CARS 3 news, the studio are soon to release a full list of both cars and circuits set to form the base release version of the title. We've already seen some preview images and footage from such locations as Laguna Seca and Interlargos, plus cars such as the above McLaren and the 2019 Dallara IndyCar, so it will be interesting to see what other content is set to form the initial launch spec of the title once it releases this August 28th - stay tuned for more info!

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Want to discuss this new game with fellow sim racing fans? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread!

PCARS 3 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
The more I see and read about this, the more I think it could be an interesting experience. The current driving/racing game sims are missing a good career mode and this title could be fun in that area. I had lots of fun with GT5 on a PS3 many many years ago, and PC3 seems like GT with better audio, physics and FFB. So this could be a welcome addition to my collection of driving/racing games.

So we know now it's not a pit stop simulator, a grid girls simulator, a leaf tree simulator, a damage simulator or a weather simulator.
I wonder what this game has to do here. lol

The desert track looks nice.

Why do i have to wait till the 28 when all these guys have it already?:(

By the way the tarmac in silverstone looks like a carpet.
I don't care about the leaf on trees but i do about the tarmac.

What I find funny in this particular thread or any other thread related to anything that has to do with SMS/PCars. Is how distorted it is from what is really happening.
From the sheer amont of post stating that they never, or almost never play PCars2, because it is so bad and they play other titles (you know the ones) because they are so much superior in almost any way, one might conclude PCars2 is not played by people actually driving, spending time, in SIMs. But if you look at what daily amount of player are for any SIM, you then find out almost the polar opposite. More people today play PCars2 than R3E, AMS2 and RF2 put together.
If you are into PCars2, you cannot be blamed for not wanting to spend to much time on RD reading from some elitist, that apparently are not driving much, since the games they tout as superior have so little attendance, on how PCars2 is of no interest and the same goes for PCars3.
Of course, if any one, comes here and dare point that the elitist games are flawed, then they are reminded that they have no clue on what they are talking about.
Lucky for us, we can easily find out by ourself what we like to use or not, and if anyone is interested in what this community ( the people who drive SIM as a hobby) is actually spending time driving, just go in STeam chart and look at what SIM are actually used, you will find out PCars2 is doing pretty good, as some other, when the elitist tiles are doing not so good. But as an elitist you can always reassure yourself that you are part of a small group of connoisseur that understood something, other, less educated, are not aware of.
I believe people play what they like, as my steam usage reflect what I like. So really looking forward to see what PCars3 usage will be like in a few month.

Entirely possible this title will have a decent following.

Have posted this before, but on NoGripRacing about 10 years ago, the game with the biggest modding community and most downloads per mod was NFS Shift 2. Even though sim racers slagged it off, the numbers didn't lie - everyone was playing it. Not every sim racer has 3-4 hours per night to run a lengthy offline race or regularly participate in leagues. Shift 2 gave you that "jump in and drive" accessibility with somewhat realistic physics.

Now, the two most popular kinds of mods for Shift were 1) more cars and 2) better tire physics. That's all people really wanted from the game since the title lacked race cars outside of the FIA GT1/GT3 spectrum, and the default tire model was far too slidey.

SMS basically just went out and built Shift 3 with those revisions in mind.

I don't think it's going to dethrone Assetto Corsa obviously, but for the discord and teamspeak groups sitting around with 30-45 minutes to kill per night, pC3 will let them blast around in a game with realistic physics, without the pain of downloading mods, having to tweak the individual weather and time acceleration for each practice session, or using some external server tool to put up a lobby. That's not the worst thing in the world.

My bold prediction is that guys like Random Callsign, Gamermuscle, etc, will use this as their new platform for "racing with subscribers."

What I find funny in this particular thread or any other thread related to anything that has to do with SMS/PCars. Is how distorted it is from what is really happening.
From the sheer amont of post stating that they never, or almost never play PCars2, because it is so bad and they play other titles (you know the ones) because they are so much superior in almost any way, one might conclude PCars2 is not played by people actually driving, spending time, in SIMs. But if you look at what daily amount of player are for any SIM, you then find out almost the polar opposite. More people today play PCars2 than R3E, AMS2 and RF2 put together.
If you are into PCars2, you cannot be blamed for not wanting to spend to much time on RD reading from some elitist, that apparently are not driving much, since the games they tout as superior have so little attendance, on how PCars2 is of no interest and the same goes for PCars3.
Of course, if any one, comes here and dare point that the elitist games are flawed, then they are reminded that they have no clue on what they are talking about.
Lucky for us, we can easily find out by ourself what we like to use or not, and if anyone is interested in what this community ( the people who drive SIM as a hobby) is actually spending time driving, just go in STeam chart and look at what SIM are actually used, you will find out PCars2 is doing pretty good, as some other, when the elitist tiles are doing not so good. But as an elitist you can always reassure yourself that you are part of a small group of connoisseur that understood something, other, less educated, are not aware of.
I believe people play what they like, as my steam usage reflect what I like. So really looking forward to see what PCars3 usage will be like in a few month.
Oh for sure there is no perfect game or simulator I cant think of 1 every single game or sim or simcade title has issues everywhere,
just some carry a better driving experience,
personally been playing games like a crack addict since been like 5-6 years old so almost 35 years,
I bet I have clocked 300k hrs playing games easily if not 500k its been my entire life and still playing them, most of that time was spent with a control pad and most the users playing these games are using a control pad specially on consoles the vast majority in which these games are aimed at,
nothing wrong with this,
just now instead of a 50$ game pad I use a 15k simulator so want the best driving experience I can get with the very limited time I have these days,

but back to the point 100% of games carry a lot of issues,
yes maybe the driving physics in SMS games are not "simulation" but the graphics and damage and weather systems blow every other game out of the water,
only a few % of people are true enthusiasts hardcore simracers who want the best and these guys dont always care with graphics and why a vast amount are happy with say rFactor 2 because the physics are awesome, but nothing is perfect and nothing never will be perfect and no one saying it is.

Oh for sure there is no perfect game or simulator I cant think of 1 every single game or sim or simcade title has issues everywhere,
just some carry a better driving experience,
personally been playing games like a crack addict since been like 5-6 years old so almost 35 years,
I bet I have clocked 300k hrs playing games easily if not 500k its been my entire life and still playing them, most of that time was spent with a control pad and most the users playing these games are using a control pad specially on consoles the vast majority in which these games are aimed at,
nothing wrong with this,
just now instead of a 50$ game pad I use a 15k simulator so want the best driving experience I can get with the very limited time I have these days,

but back to the point 100% of games carry a lot of issues,
yes maybe the driving physics in SMS games are not "simulation" but the graphics and damage and weather systems blow every other game out of the water,
only a few % of people are true enthusiasts hardcore simracers who want the best and these guys dont always care with graphics and why a vast amount are happy with say rFactor 2 because the physics are awesome, but nothing is perfect and nothing never will be perfect and no one saying it is.

Tbh CC i agree with some stuff you said except that last part "but the graphics and damage and weather systems blow every other game out of the water,"

Damage... iRacing by far, Graphics, during day i may concede...night and Rain ACC all the way or even AC night with shaders patch... but everyting else sure :) and btw whoever said any of the cars even compares to RSS mods...erm..yeah ...right :)

• Haha
Reactions: CC
Tbh CC i agree with some stuff you said except that last part "but the graphics and damage and weather systems blow every other game out of the water,"

Damage... iRacing by far, Graphics, during day i may concede...night and Rain ACC all the way or even AC night with shaders patch... but everyting else sure :) and btw whoever said any of the cars even compares to RSS mods...erm..yeah ...right :)
Yes dont have the hrs inside it to maybe comment,

Project Cars yes I used to have access to the DEV builds during the development the alpha builds from a YT friend on my channel he gave me access,

anyways the builds was insane build 300,s, 400,s the last build I tried which was really good was build 512 was insane the Formula A car just felt sublime you could have put Pcars and that Formula A physics and graphics next to any sim the sensation through the wheel was just sublime felt alive,
later started declining and getting really vague in the 800,s was really disappointing,

so from my own POV had many many many hrs with Pcars 1 and the Formula A over multiple dev builds, so I fully understood the game and the engine the car,
the game was released I jumped straight into it and grabbed the Formula A the car was a total joke so left that was end of Pcars1 for me,

Pcars2 is a much stronger game very entertaining and enjoyable game its really pleasing to drive visually, just feels really vague through the wheel for me personally I cant comment on you guys maybe you have a better setup or ingame settings idk but prefer games I understand with the hardware I understand also makes playing the games easier with limited time,

but for me id rather just play Rallyx inside DR2 :D

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back