PC3 Project CARS 3 | New Game Announced For Summer 2020 Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have dropped their first reveal trailer for Project CARS 3 - also confirming the game will be available on console and PC this summer.

With two and a half years having passed since Project CARS 2 hit the public stores back in September 2017, Slightly Mad Studios have undergone quite a bit of change, having teamed up with Codemasters and announced their Fast and Furious arcade racer.

Well, the team are back again this year it seems, with the third instalment of the Project CARS franchise due to drop in just a few short months.

Not much is known about the new game at this stage, however the announcement trailer and tweet do suggest maybe a more street car focus for the new title, which is an interesting change of direction from the first two instalments in the franchise.

Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Stay tuned for the upcoming Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to discuss this interesting new title with fellow simulation fans.

PCARS 3 1.jpg

Ill have to admit that being able to race in city streets looks like fun.
If only one of the sims would open up for that they could probably sell some more copies.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Its obviously not all Ian Bells ideas that are bad - mkey?:roflmao:

I had hoped that PC3 would be a progression from PC2, keeping the good bits and listening to the feedback and making improvements (and to be fair, there are some good things to carry over from PC2; the eye candy is second to none).

However, this does look like an arcade game, which is fine for those who like it. I personally like zooming around in "The Crew", not for car models or realism, but I enjoy cruising around the massive open world and blowing off some steam, and I'm sure there will be some that will enjoy the title. This could be the Forza/GT title for PC owners.

But we have AMS2, ACC, iRacing, rFactor2 and so many good sims, it's understandable the Project Cars is trying another direction.

I'm curious on another point though, will Codemasters use the MadEngine for any of their titles in the future. Graphically, the MadEngine produces some stunning visuals.

It's generating a lot of comments but they aren't good. Its mostly people being very disappointed they hadn't further iterated the game towards a good sim. There are a few supporting comments but I think it's fair to say most here are into simulation racing and as such this isn't going to appeal. Once it's released I can see a day where the Project cars subcategory gets thrown under other games instead of being a top-level forum, because it won't be played nor discussed by many in this community at all.

Boooo! Another Forza, Grand Turismo clone. PC2 was great with all the historic cars and tracks and ability to do a career or create your own multiclass races. I will be passing on this it looks like. WIsh they would have just built upon 2 and fixed the bugs and poor FFB etc.

basically a Forza / Horizon copy, and a bad one at that.

they should have gone down the vintage route, with same PC2 formula but with classic road and race stuff
basically an updated GTL.

will buy it when its on sale, which probably won`t be long after release.
Updated GTL would be great ! I would be one of the 5000 people that will buy it for sure!

I'm currently only using VR and my rig has no monitor. Sometimes I miss just aimlessly driving in Forza, and this title could fill the need and work in VR. I think there is room for a game like this too. I don't think I'm going to buy it for the full price, but maybe at some point.

You guys at it again aren't you? Anyway....for one more time i'll be the devil's advocate. I like what i see.

From the chase camera it looks bad mainly because of all the camera movement effects. I bet it will look much cleaner and closer to PC2 without them.
From the cockpit view it looks pretty much like PC2. I can clearly see the suspension working the same way as PC2, meaning kinda softish and bouncy (more obvious from the chase cam). The corrections the driver makes gives me a clear impression of proper oversteer/understeer which means that the suspension and tire physics are very close to PC2 if not the same. If it was arcade it would show.
The AI looks pretty much the same if not better. They're aggressive but clean. That's good stuff right there you can't deny it.

Don't act so surprised. They did say that it was going to be pretty much Shift 3. I liked the concept of Shift 2. Shift 3 with PC2 physics is a big YES from me. Besides, nobody was supposed to have liked PC2 (at least until AMS2 came) so why are you all so MAD about PC3 being "worse"? That's hypocrisy.

Really not sure who this is aimed at. The Forza/Gran Turismo fans have already got what they want and this is unlikely to be better than those. The PC sim racing fans already have good sims available and are, again, unlikely to go for this as it doesn't seem to be aimed at them. Who is their target audience?
They 100% want a piece of the Gran Turismo pie, they probably outsold all PC sims despite not being as good(imo).
And now they set their targets on a bigger fish(crowd).

Slightly Mad Studios have dropped their first reveal trailer for Project CARS 3 - also confirming the game will be available on console and PC this summer.

With two and a half years having passed since Project CARS 2 hit the public stores back in September 2017, Slightly Mad Studios have undergone quite a bit of change, having teamed up with Codemasters and announced their Fast and Furious arcade racer.

Well, the team are back again this year it seems, with the third instalment of the Project CARS franchise due to drop in just a few short months.

Not much is known about the new game at this stage, however the announcement trailer and tweet do suggest maybe a more street car focus for the new title, which is an interesting change of direction from the first two instalments in the franchise.

Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Stay tuned for the upcoming Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to discuss this interesting new title with fellow simulation fans.

View attachment 379141
What are the specs for PC hardware going to be ?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back