PC3 Project CARS 3 | New Game Announced For Summer 2020 Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have dropped their first reveal trailer for Project CARS 3 - also confirming the game will be available on console and PC this summer.

With two and a half years having passed since Project CARS 2 hit the public stores back in September 2017, Slightly Mad Studios have undergone quite a bit of change, having teamed up with Codemasters and announced their Fast and Furious arcade racer.

Well, the team are back again this year it seems, with the third instalment of the Project CARS franchise due to drop in just a few short months.

Not much is known about the new game at this stage, however the announcement trailer and tweet do suggest maybe a more street car focus for the new title, which is an interesting change of direction from the first two instalments in the franchise.

Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Stay tuned for the upcoming Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to discuss this interesting new title with fellow simulation fans.

PCARS 3 1.jpg

Really not sure who this is aimed at. The Forza/Gran Turismo fans have already got what they want and this is unlikely to be better than those. The PC sim racing fans already have good sims available and are, again, unlikely to go for this as it doesn't seem to be aimed at them. Who is their target audience?

hanno fatto bene ad andare verso Grid. Di sim ce ne sono anche troppi. Ma Horizon 4 è il punto di riferimento indiscusso: in quella direzione bisogna andare per un arcade :)
I think the reason they didn't sell much to the hardcore sim audience and also with the more casual audience because of the naming scheme.
Gran Turismo, Forza.
Assetto Corsa, Automobilista (same engine even).
All italian names.
They should call their next game something similar.
Like Cazzo Rosso.

There's already gameplay. Man, am I disappointed.

All they had to do was build from what they had in Project CARS 2. It wasn't perfect but they could have picked up the pieces and tweaked and changed a few things.
Instead they completely changed the formula where now it's even more GRID (the 2019 one) than it is even Shift.

I wish they had renamed this one as a spin-off like "Project CARS: No Limits" or something corny like that, if they wanted to try something new.
Lmao that looks like a mixture of FH 4 and Need for speed

guys no need to be let down, they already said it (ian actually) that pcrevolution (now is "3") was gonna be an arcade (not actual words but that's what he wanted to express).
So for me it is another ****, just this time a bit bigger.

oh wait your were those who said. "AMS2 is the best I've ever probed "

When the suspension was totally broken in many vehicles
This is tried to solve in some updates later according to Renato of course
Ohhh wait Jajajajaaajaj
AMS 2 is one of the best sims i've tried in Early Access, in fact, at the moment is the most played sim in these lockdown days.

Appart from this guy who not only spits so much hate but doesnt take the time to at least write in proper english, theres people who really deserve nothing but shame. One thing is that you like hardcore simulation and another different is you feel the power to bullshit talk about a racing game you dont like.

Is it a simulator? who knows, we've seen only some trailers, doesnt look like it, doesnt mean its ****, its just not the product you are looking for. I always thought the simracing community was mature enough (since its still a expensive hobby) but im confirming that its either kids getting their wheels for their birthday, or maturity isnt defined by age.

Have fun hating, im out of these bullshit.

if you were because you answer me I have contributed behaviors that have the cars that are true those behaviors are also in PC2. My opinion point
Apart from my experience in physics with other degrees and a mechanical engineering, are my comments based on my experience and yours on your experience in eating doritos?

Who has the b .... s to show me a video where the caterham drift 180km under throttle? Who? Maybe I should show my turn in Assen ..............

I am not the only one who thinks the same but it is very easy to accuse me of saying nonsense or calling me Troll. Others only criticize from behind in discord chats, ohh wait that's very adult isn't it?

Sorry for not knowing your language well. Maybe I should put on a bulletproof vest to write

A good and more in-depth article from Martin over at Eurogamer - he actually plays racing games so I prefer his opinion over the more general game reviewers. He expresses many of the same concerns about the direction and the answers from SMS are there to read (looks like the same or very similar answers on IGN too).

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-06-04-project-cars-3-takes-the-series-on-a-new-direction

Given that we already have ACC, AMS1 & 2, R3E, RF2 and iRacing if that's your thing, and more content in those games than I would ever have time to play, I see no problem with SMS going for something more accessible. It looks quite Forza like but Forza 7 doesn't have the full day/night cycle, dynamic weather or even the ability to change to wet tyres. A game that sits somewhere above Forza in that day/night/tyre/fuel management looks fabulous (PC2 is still a looker that runs well), has VR on PC well I'm sure there is space for that. If it really can also do the 'sim' stuff well ok. Well-timed by SMS to arrive before the new Xbox and next Forza too.

This looked like all the hallmarks of the Codemasters beancounters dictating this direction but the team claim that decision was made long before the Codemasters buyout.

Having a game that runs well on the consoles will be the key to sales for them, the online elements were never great for PC2 with lots of technical issues on the OG Xbox and One S. AC made more than half it's profit from the console version and it is even today a barebones version of the game we have on PC.

Speaking of which has anyone seen any actual console gameplay of ACC yet? 19 days to go, tick, tock, tick, tock.

One thing is for certain Ian Bell and SMS know how to create interest in a product, just look at the level of replies here where supposedly this isn't a game people here care about!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back