- Jun 5, 2009
Highly anticipated racing simulation Project CARS 2 has been released today, marking the return of the best selling franchise to both console and PC systems.
Developed by Slightly Mad Studios and community backers from the world of sim racing, using the experience of professional race drivers the likes of former Top Gear Stig Ben Collins and sometime Renault Clio racer Nicolas Hamilton, Project CARS 2 looks set to be the most ambitious racing project yet from the British based development team.
Featuring over 180 cars and 60 locations on launch and benefitting from live track technology, advanced weather effects and class leading graphics, Project CARS 2 looks very likely to become yet another best selling release across all platforms following release today.
About the Game
- 180+ licensed cars from iconic manufacturers
- Full 12K & VR Support
- Tested and tuned by pro racing drivers
- All-new motorsports (IndyCar, Oval Racing, Rallycross) join old favorites incl. GT3
- LiveTrack 3.0: Dynamic surface & weather physics affect vehicle performance and handling in real-time
- New loose surface racing (ice, dirt, mud)
- Full 24-hour cycle featuring real-time atmospheric conditions and seasonal ambience
- State-of-the art physics model
- Revamped gamepad handling
- Class-leading Esport capabilities
Project CARS 2 is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to catch up with the latest news, engage in lively discussions with the community, download some mods and get yourself out on the track in online races for both PC and console.
Well it's here! What do you think? Win, Lose or Draw? Improvement over PC1? Serious rival for the main PC racers? Let us know in the comments section below!