Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Anyone seen this also...

http://www.gamepur.com/news/18813-p...performance-xbox-one-4-7-dev-explains-no.html

No multiplayer lobby browser so just random matchmaking :thumbsdown: Not a biggie for me but a lot of people are not happy.

Answer from one of ther pCars guys:-

Okay, I checked and for first party reasons we can't offer a lobby browser on XB1. But we are looking into ways to improve the XB1 matchmaking.

Wonder why they can get that on PC and PS4 but not XBO :O_o:

on the link it says you cant join lobbies with friends, ive just gone into a lobby and theres a option that says invite friends.is that not working or am i miss reading

on the link it says you cant join lobbies with friends, ive just gone into a lobby and theres a option that says invite friends.is that not working or am i miss reading
No it's that you can't browse for lobbies apparently or something like that. Rather than being able to search through lobbies it randomly places you in one according to the pCars forums. Creating your own lobbies and inviting friends is still possible as far as I know.

Yeah Peter, I joined that Forum this morning while I was getting my oil changed.. LoL. I'm hoping they have some of these issues corrected by the time I purchase the game. Seems there are some Frame Rate Issues, and AI in the Rain driving Dry times. I was mostly interested in finding wheel settings for my TX, as you need to get that straight and comfortable before setting laps about the car and working on setups or whatnot.

No problem. Oh and I know you said you had your settings pretty much how you like them but it's worth checking this thread out as it's really handy.. I used it earlier and it's proving very helful for me although as a 'veteran' paddler it may not be so much for you lol.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23153-Xbox-One-Controller-Configuration-Guide
i had stayed away from formula b and fa cars. just did a quick run at watkins glenn in the formula b car. was amazing but i cant control that car at all. look forward to getting there on my career and putting in the practice

Yeah Peter, I joined that Forum this morning while I was getting my oil changed.. LoL. I'm hoping they have some of these issues corrected by the time I purchase the game. Seems there are some Frame Rate Issues, and AI in the Rain driving Dry times. I was mostly interested in finding wheel settings for my TX, as you need to get that straight and comfortable before setting laps about the car and working on setups or whatnot.
Haven't noticed any frame rate issues myself so far but that earlier post mentioned a patch to improve performance by 4-7% so hopefully that will help some if there are any. @Daniel Smissen @Robert Waddell anything from you two on this?

Same here re the wheel settings. There will be a ton of posts and information by then.

Last edited:
Haven't noticed any frame rate issues myself so far but that earlier post mentioned a patch to improve performance by 4-7% so hopefully that will help some if there are any. @Daniel Smissen @Robert Waddell anything from you two on this?

Same here re the wheel settings. There will be a ton of posts and information by then.
I had some frame rate dips every now and the, so i turned all the pretty graphics down (i didnt notice it in formula rookie but i did notice it in the ginetta), but today ive been doing laps in practice with just my car so i turned them all up for today and my christ the game is pretty, love drying the formula a car, after driving codemaster f1 games for 5 years i really enjoy just how hard it is.

Yeah I'm looking forward to hearing from @Robert Waddell and how he is getting along with his wheel settings.
Yeah, i knew he would be mia today lol.

You'll love this game Michael. Even though I'm only playing on the pad at the moment its got so much going for it, so much depth in the racing with so many possibilities. I've been running some laps around a gorgeous Imola in a BMW 320.. fantastic :inlove:

Last edited:
However, an area where i am feling pretty much underwhelmed so far is in the information that you get from each race or practice session. I'm someone that likes to study lap and sector times to work out my strengths and weaknesses and help me to work on where i need to improve and so far i have seen nothing at all in this game that offers that. I just finished a quick race around Imola and apart from the usual result screen showing each drivers gap to the leader and each drivers fastest lap there doesn't seem to be any breakdown of the lap times anywhere :thumbsdown:. Also no telemetry outside of the live stuff in car while driving. I really thought as something purported to be a sim that there would be more of this sort of thing available. I mean in Shift 2 you even get the lap times for your races. I am hoping Robert or Daniel having raced far more with it can tell me I'm wrong and this info is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back