Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Think I need to buy a new capture card to put some videos up. Think I also need to look at some of my wheel settings. Is it true that I can change wheel settings for each car? Because I am running the default wheel settings, 900 degree rotation etc. Its been fine for most cars I've driven but at the moment in career I am racing in the 1978 BMW 320 Turbo, and I am having to turn the steering wheel atleast 180 degrees at each corner!

Also, soon I will be moving into a slightly bigger bedroom n my house, so more room for simracing!!
At the moment I have my TX wheel attached to a GT omega stand, and I use it sitting on my bed in front of my 32" Full HD LG. But with moving into a bigger room coming up, I plan on getting a bigger TV (not sure on the size yet) that will be on a bracket on the wall. SO when I am just watching TV, I can have it at a height I like, and when it comes to racing I can bring it down so it is right in front of me! I also plan to have a look for some seat options! The good thing about my GT Omega stand is that it allows to to add one of their seats, for an upgrade in the future as they say. I would like to go all out but for money reasons its probably just cheaper to to get the seat add on.

Think I need to buy a new capture card to put some videos up. Think I also need to look at some of my wheel settings. Is it true that I can change wheel settings for each car? Because I am running the default wheel settings, 900 degree rotation etc. Its been fine for most cars I've driven but at the moment in career I am racing in the 1978 BMW 320 Turbo, and I am having to turn the steering wheel atleast 180 degrees at each corner!

Also, soon I will be moving into a slightly bigger bedroom n my house, so more room for simracing!!
At the moment I have my TX wheel attached to a GT omega stand, and I use it sitting on my bed in front of my 32" Full HD LG. But with moving into a bigger room coming up, I plan on getting a bigger TV (not sure on the size yet) that will be on a bracket on the wall. SO when I am just watching TV, I can have it at a height I like, and when it comes to racing I can bring it down so it is right in front of me! I also plan to have a look for some seat options! The good thing about my GT Omega stand is that it allows to to add one of their seats, for an upgrade in the future as they say. I would like to go all out but for money reasons its probably just cheaper to to get the seat add on.
I'm not sure on that one Dylan. I can't say i've noticed anywhere that allows you to save them individually for each car but I have not looked at it closely yet. The fact that the controller settings are outside of the race \ practice settings lead me to think that this is not possible. You would have to change them each time you want to drive a different car with different settings. @Robert Waddell @Daniel Smissen Can you throw any light on this one?

The setup sounds cool mate.. big change from the old days ;)

I cant remember, but I'm sure there are some wheel settings when setting up each car, when you press RB on the tuning setup.
And yes big step up Pete, just got to try and find a good TV bracket than can allow for good up nd down movement. Can be up to 1-2 months until I switch bedrooms though.:(

I cant remember, but I'm sure there are some wheel settings when setting up each car, when you press RB on the tuning setup.
And yes big step up Pete, just got to try and find a good TV bracket than can allow for good up nd down movement. Can be up to 1-2 months until I switch bedrooms though.:(
Cheers Dylan, i'll check that out later on. Havent looked at the car setups at all just yet. Thats something for when I have a wheel after I get back from holiday. Just enjoying it at the moment in it's default setup form.

I also plan on buying a capture card and Sony Vegas. Some of you may remember on the F1 leagues I use to upload my whole race, and also make a race edit video.
With the new replay system on this game, I plan to make Race edits for all of our events, just to add that bit more polish to our league.

The capture card I am looking at is the Elgato HD60. On Amazon it comes in at around £120. The results of these are simply fantastic! However, to render the video in 60fps, I will need Sony Vegas I believe, not sure yet but i think Elgatos software only renders in 30fps. Now Sony Vegas of the top of my head is round £30.

Its a bit expensive so I will probably have to bite my tounge while buying, but should be nice to see our races in full 1080P 60fps over and over again ;)

I also plan on buying a capture card and Sony Vegas. Some of you may remember on the F1 leagues I use to upload my whole race, and also make a race edit video.
With the new replay system on this game, I plan to make Race edits for all of our events, just to add that bit more polish to our league.

The capture card I am looking at is the Elgato HD60. On Amazon it comes in at around £120. The results of these are simply fantastic! However, to render the video in 60fps, I will need Sony Vegas I believe, not sure yet but i think Elgatos software only renders in 30fps. Now Sony Vegas of the top of my head is round £30.

Its a bit expensive so I will probably have to bite my tounge while buying, but should be nice to see our races in full 1080P 60fps over and over again ;)
I'm probably just going to use the Twitch facilty for recording stuff for the foreseeable future. I bought a very good HD capture device for my 360 a couple of years ago which is not compatible with the XBO (at least I don't think it is but haven't looked into it properly yet...) It's a pain in the backside having to buy everything from scratch with these new consoles :/.

I only do full length videos though as I don't have the time to edit them.

However, an area where i am feling pretty much underwhelmed so far is in the information that you get from each race or practice session. I'm someone that likes to study lap and sector times to work out my strengths and weaknesses and help me to work on where i need to improve and so far i have seen nothing at all in this game that offers that. I just finished a quick race around Imola and apart from the usual result screen showing each drivers gap to the leader and each drivers fastest lap there doesn't seem to be any breakdown of the lap times anywhere :thumbsdown:. Also no telemetry outside of the live stuff in car while driving. I really thought as something purported to be a sim that there would be more of this sort of thing available. I mean in Shift 2 you even get the lap times for your races. I am hoping Robert or Daniel having raced far more with it can tell me I'm wrong and this info is there.
I just woke up from a 12 hour nap after playing pCARS for 10 hours straight. It's so deep, all I have done is try to figure out the ffb settings at Brands in a Mercedes GT3 car. lol. It's the answer to all my hopes and prayers. It's a real SIM with everything. And Peter, the telemetry, ****, I can't even digest that screen! The car suspension and traction line (like a heart monitor) alone tells you so much information that we have not even had before that it's hard to comprehend. Then you add to that all of the stuff Shift2 had plus 100 times as deep. I'm not sure what you mean about the telemetry. If you are talking about the ability to look at it after the race, I understand, but you do realize there will be dozens of apps that you will be able to download that will give you this very info (F1 style) right on your xbox. So, just be patient there. This game is soooooooo deep guys. I have just barely come to grips with the ffb setting. Not tried the weather, AI, online, or any car besides one or any track besides one. I want to get that 100% perfect feel and I'm almost there. Even 90% there is 1000% better than anything ever before.

Two disappointments. I agree with Daniel. Graphically it's not up to Forza5 standards. You have so many effects and depth in other areas that it just could not get there. I completely understand and am actually glad it didn't try. FM5 has been rendered irrelevant to me except for the graphics. But then again, I had everything maxed out, so I might try to go minimize some graphics settings to get rid of some of the tearing. It's not bad, but happens every now and again...and you can see sometimes the hitches where the frame rate drops around tight corners (at least the second at Brands) but again, hardly even relevant compared to the depth. The sound and the feel are nirvana. Now if I could only understand it....lol.

Oh, and I had to switch back the lighter wheel to get the ffb to feel right. I hope they improve that too. All this stuff is patchable...and with the base they have, it's going to be the "master race" (sorry) game for this console. I'm certain. People will be talking about it (console guys) for years to come as the gold standard. The one that broke the mold.

I just woke up from a 12 hour nap after playing pCARS for 10 hours straight. It's so deep, all I have done is try to figure out the ffb settings at Brands in a Mercedes GT3 car. lol. It's the answer to all my hopes and prayers. It's a real SIM with everything. And Peter, the telemetry, ****, I can't even digest that screen! The car suspension and traction line (like a heart monitor) alone tells you so much information that we have not even had before that it's hard to comprehend. Then you add to that all of the stuff Shift2 had plus 100 times as deep. I'm not sure what you mean about the telemetry. If you are talking about the ability to look at it after the race, I understand, but you do realize there will be dozens of apps that you will be able to download that will give you this very info (F1 style) right on your xbox. So, just be patient there. This game is soooooooo deep guys. I have just barely come to grips with the ffb setting. Not tried the weather, AI, online, or any car besides one or any track besides one. I want to get that 100% perfect feel and I'm almost there. Even 90% there is 1000% better than anything ever before.

Two disappointments. I agree with Daniel. Graphically it's not up to Forza5 standards. You have so many effects and depth in other areas that it just could not get there. I completely understand and am actually glad it didn't try. FM5 has been rendered irrelevant to me except for the graphics. But then again, I had everything maxed out, so I might try to go minimize some graphics settings to get rid of some of the tearing. It's not bad, but happens every now and again...and you can see sometimes the hitches where the frame rate drops around tight corners (at least the second at Brands) but again, hardly even relevant compared to the depth. The sound and the feel are nirvana. Now if I could only understand it....lol.
have to remember graphic wise it's just 720 on the Xbox rather then 1080 on ps4. I know a lot of fan boys will say you can't tell ext but at times you really can, lucky enough with the weather and Sun effects it makes the game look sexy

Glad you are enjoying it Robert :).. Agree with most of what you say although of course can't comment on the wheel stuff just yet.

With regard to telemetry you are correct in that I was referring to what was available outside of the car when you are in the garage. I was expecting to find something at least available there rather than nothing at all. Are you able to see the telemetry from a replay? I haven't checked that out yet but it not then I guess the only way would be to record your sessions with the telemetry screens on and check it out from the recording.

Are there apps available for Forza 5 which allow this sort of thing, I looked around and couldn't see anything so assumed if after all this time it wasn't possible for Forza that the same would be the case for pCars. Of course community made tools are always possible on PC but nothing like that is made for the console due to the restrictions by the console companies so anything that did that would have to come from the developers themselves. The problem with consoles has always been that they do not actually store the data we see on screen so once the sessions over it's lost and is not available to be imported into an external program. I have not seen anywhere that this has changed but hopefully it has and these things are now possible. I have already asked the question of them so will let you know if I get a response.

What about the lap time data, have I missed something and it is available somewhere? You know me by now Robert, i'm a stats nerd so was looking forward to something more than we have already rather than less in that respect.

But in the grand scheme of things I expect these are things that I am in the minority in wanting and of course it's the depth of racing that is the main point and the game certainly seems to have that from what I have seen so far,

With regard to the graphics I have to say I haven't yet noticed the problems you mentioned but do agree that it is not quite as photo realistic as the videos we have seen. But despite that it's still very impressive. As you will remember the frame rate drops were what concerned me a little from the pre-release XBO and PS4 videos but I have not yet found that happening at Spa, Monza or Imola although haven't been to Brands yet,

The sound I agree is fantastic but then it's no surprise seeing as how impressed I have been with that in Shift 2.

have to remember graphic wise it's just 720 on the Xbox rather then 1080 on ps4. I know a lot of fan boys will say you can't tell ext but at times you really can, lucky enough with the weather and Sun effects it makes the game look sexy
It's 900p on the xbox, upscaled to 1080p. I'm glad I have the xbox version though, since i could not take the motion blur problems associate with the PS4.

It's 900p on the xbox, upscaled to 1080p. I'm glad I have the xbox version though, since i could not take the motion blur problems associate with the PS4.
And if anyone thinks there are problems with the XBO version they should check out the PS4 forums.... not here though, PS4 seems dead here there's hardly a post related to it and certainly no league being set up :whistling:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes