Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

This may not be a rule that TNGTC is governed by but just so everyone knows according to the fia, in a situation like Adel's and mine which leave gray areas in the rule book, here's he official rules by the fia hat applies to our little battle... Lol

20.3 Any driver moving back towards the racing line, having earlier defended his position off-line, should leave at least one car width between his own car and the edge of the track on the approach to the corner.

20.4 Any driver defending his position on a straight, and before any braking area, may use the full width of the track during his first move, provided no significant portion of the car attempting to pass is alongside his. For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the front wing of the car attempting to pass is alongside the rear wheel of the car in front this will be deemed to be a 'significant portion'.

20.5 Manoeuvres liable to hinder other drivers, such as deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of direction, are not permitted.

P.S. - I have to respect the vote here, but I just can't race for an hour for nothing. Can I join at the back after the "competition" caution? That's where I usually am anyway. lol.
Ok, I get that, just wanted everyone to have a good race. So here is my compromise...Single Car incidents only warrant sector cautions, but if two or multiple cars are involved we through a virtual Safety Car just like in Real Life. Example, Start of Le Mans, wreck involving two or more cars Virtual Safety car for 1 lap would allow all parties involved to pit and repair and rejoin. Example, BigDaddy spins at Sakitto 4-5 laps into the race, and collects "Toast". Both cars are damaged but Toast just being in the wrong place at the wrong time now doesn't even have a chance to compete. With a Virtual Safety Car Toast would have been able to repair and at least rejoin at the back of the field without loosing too much ground. I think everyone can benefit from this and it is a setup that mirrors Real Life. Sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you're not, and there may be races where the Full Course Caution never flies.

This ones for you Robert.

Only Dale. I miss him. I had the pleasure of watching him race a few times at RIR and later Bristol. Here is one of his classics:

The classic Earnhardt/Waltrip battle at Richmond. In the second race of the year Dale Earnhardt and Darrell Waltrip duke it out in the closing laps. With two to go, Waltrip is able to get under Earnhardt. suddenly Earnhardt #3 cuts down and turns Waltrips #11 HARD into the wall. With other getting involved in the wreck, Kyle Petty is able to get by and collect his first career victory.

The best part is the end of the video. I have never heard that part, but it's hilarious. I nearly spit out my drink. For a moment, I could just feel the way it was. lol. In those days, NASCAR showed no remorse "just lifting the fine for the good of the sport" when old Dale Sr. got fined. That's priceless. That's true NASCAR...not giving a rats ass about how it looked in the media or whether they should do it. And the drivers knew this going in. In fact, the people that *didn't like* Dale Sr. for this reason needed this kind of stuff to hate him and it made it all the more better. lol. Also, loved the cars limping to the finish with busted up engines. <sigh>

After watching Adels video it was just an amazing move by lance and opportunism from Gareth that let those guys passed. @Dominic Ollivierre you need to work on your overtakes boyyyyy lol Adel got you in his pocket (hides) lol

Lolol. Thank you for saying what I just said earlier @Ben Milden I was clearly poor at it, wicked move by lance though I must say! Made me feel small... Next time! I'll get him next time! Lol

Lolol. Thank you for saying what I just said earlier @Ben Milden I was clearly poor at it, wicked move by lance though I must say! Made me feel small... Next time! I'll get him next time! Lol

Just catching up now looked like a tense fight unlucky with that tyre stack but overall you scored the most points in BRNO despite you dnf so at least you can take that away. All credit to Adel his car was shocking I passed him out of a hairpin before he could let me through lol.

Teammate? I love #4. I worship Jan Magnussen. lol. Damn, I might have to shape up for this one. lol.

BTW, the finish between Gavin and Magnussen, with Magnussen holding Gavin off (who had fresher tires and was charging so hard to pass Jan that the team told Jan to let Ollie by, which hardly ever happens with them) at the end, was probably largely unseen by the world.

In what has to be in my top three of all time anywhere for the single most stunning and skilled driving I have ever witnessed live or in person (and I have witnessed a lot), Magnussen held Gavin (no slouch, lol) just far enough to leave him one legitimate shot, which was so complexly but completely defended by Magnussen, that I can't figure out how he did it to this day.
you talking about the epic 2016 rolex24 finish? If so, I believe that was Gavin that actually held off a charging Garcia (mag's Team mate) for the win. I'm a fan of both vette's but I always support #4 first because of Oli G, British pride haha. #3, mag's car, usually steals all the wins so it was great to see Gavin/milner get the W for once. Fantastic finish... ignore that if you're referring to another race lol

Well, if the majority want the break, I can't very well expect to not get it, but very interesting about the virtual safety car. I like the boundaries being pushed like that, and trusting everyone to do it. One day, there games will give us a decent flag system. Or, you could always convert to F1 2015. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes