Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Still it's not rigged just yet. If it was you'd see Dale Jr in the final 4 every year as he holds the lion share of fans. I tuned out last year after Harvick manipulated the finish at Talladega to advance to the next round. Unfortunately I think a sport has to evolve in order to flourish. I hate that they take away from the tracks that made NASCAR what it is. Too many cookie cutter tracks like F1 have dulled the sport out. So it takes gimmicky points systems to bring people back. And yes I hate how they cut out 3 more cars from the field. Why not leave 7 open spots for non-chartered teams???

I'm not saying it's rigged, as NASCAR is at least smart enough to realize the fans aren't that stupid. After all, anyone with a long memory will remember the days of Dale Sr. He would not have put up with much of this "artificial competition" in pursuit of the perfect show. That's really the problem. I agree it's not WWE yet, but it's getting close. @Peter Hooper's point about "negating the previous laps work" is dead on. But that's just the tip of the iceberg.

How to speak NASCAR:

Lucky Dog = when they throw a caution, the first car on the lead lap gets a waive around. I think they have even won from that position. That's not fair competition. They aren't "lucky" they are promoting affirmative action. Does their base know that? lol.

Rubbin' is racin' - Hey I'm all for a good bang up, especially on the short tracks, but that same attitude is carried over to the ovals. Just last weekend, a car was entirely wrecked out of the race by a driver from behind "bump drafting" (when they had been told not to do it with the new spec because it's dangerous). Of course, NASCAR did nothing. That's inherently wrong, so it adds an incentive to play dirty on the more dangerous tracks. If it were Bristol, I can understand and appreciate.

No Green/No Finish = "please drivers, extend the drama as long as you feel necessary." So, new for this year, NASCAR is officially declaring "no green / no finish" to top off their creep to entirely take the order of finish out of the drivers' hands. On day, I'm sure we will find that NASCAR has implemented "no green / you don't know when we will finish" to complete the takeover, as drivers will take advantage of this new rule, as they did the old.

Restrictor Plate Racing: This was actually the first blow and continues happily today, despite almost every driver saying it is fraught with danger. It's just a matter of time before "the big one" really is.

Back in the day the only way you could pass at Bristol was to bump and run into the turn. Now they run 2 wide all day long with no one making up any real ground.

I had completely forgot about this. But I stopped going to Bristol around 2002. I had season tickets, along with RIR. Bristol was a good example of "the perfect track" for NASCAR. It was stunning to see in person for the first time. The scenery around it is cozy in the mountains. I love how they chopped a mountain top off and cut out a bowl for the track. It's so impressive when you get inside. And you are right -- the racing was some of the best on the planet. It was the NASCAR brand on steroids until they started rigging everything. I had not really noticed the second line, but that's a real shame. Don't worry too much as I'm sure it would be unwatchable with no alteration to Bristol, but that just makes it sadder. Martinsville was boring speed-wise, but unique, so you watched. Now it's just a caution fest.

My personal favorite cars are the Whelen Modifieds. I miss the days of the battles between Evans and Cook. My best friend growing up and the driver of the car that I worked on, his brother in law was Jamie The Jet Tomaino. He won the 1986 Featherlite modified championship. I could remember being in high school and going to the garage to help his brother-in-law work on and load the car for a points race in Stafford, Martinsville, Thompson, Riverhead, Oswego on Saturday night and Winston Cup on TNN on Sunday. That was when racing was great.

This is NASCAR to me. They had/have one of the most healthy and robust grass-roots racing feeders nationwide of any series in the world. It just might be THE best, and it's real too, unlike the artificial FIA and too much class division in Europe (although from the Presidential race here, on both sides, people are finally waking up that we have the same problem). That's really cool about the modified. Remind me to stay the hell away from you and your perfect setup if we ever get a short track. lol. I remember literally going to people's garages and watching them fix up cars for South Boston and Southside Speedway in Virginia. Denny Hamlin came from this crowd. I'm not sure that can happen now w/o NASCAR's blessing and some media vetting. Do you think Dale Sr. was focus-grouped for media savvy? lol. Ummm. No. He was just him. That's why you either loved him or hated him, but always respected the genuine man he was. I was not a fan, but I loved the man.

And make no mistake, when I blast NASCAR, that has zero to do with the fans. It's not them. They are some of the most passionate and knowledgeable of all racing fans I have met around the globe. Sure, they are a little "redneck" but so am I. I love the fact that Haas, a NASCAR icon, has the F1 teams, hat in hand, begging him for wind tunnel time in Charlotte NC of all places. lol. It's priceless. It's almost bizzaro world, but it does not surprise me. NASCAR, when you come right down to it, is just as crafty and rich as any series in the world. But it's like a brilliant population (N. Korea) that is held down by a brutal dictator. They can't shine.

Not only can they see through all of this, but they are the *wrong* folks to try and fool. Most of the old fans I know left. And, like you, have moved to other forms of racing, which is usually FIA run. I'd say, don't worry...NASCAR will always be there and oval racing can get very interesting in other cars too. Nothing will replace NASCAR because of their giant production capabilities and enormous track investments, but I don't think they banked on destroying themselves.

Well you know what you're getting with the Z4, it's probably the best car for rookie's. But you have the McLaren, Aston V12 and Bentley too. That Bentley used to be a beast until they nerfed it, but people also forget to turn up the Restrictor on those cars before they race them.

I'm going to drive the Vette and hopefully make more of these. I love the class, but there is so damn much going on right now, it's insane. Work is off and on Wednesday nights, so that sucks too, but I'll be there sometimes. I'm picking the Corvette with the yellow paint scheme (original) right now. lol. I'll just listen to it and be happy with any finish.

This was my headache of a sprint race. Well done @Adel Elsayed u kno we are cool but I think you got your full revenge for Dubai now. Some serious blocking this; better called defensive driving lol the pad use highlights every direction change u make to block me and counter every side I chose to go and absolutely no room whatsoever to stick a nose, really harsh but very clever driving nonetheless, Then to be finished off by the other Ruff to acquire damage then blow my engine in penultimate lap lol really tried abiding by the rules on this one and paid heavily for it, everyone that got past him had to do so with a slight contact which I didn't want to have at all cuz of dubai's incident, oh well next time perhaps, really wish u had a wheel, your a great driver but it's annoying driving in close proximity to you, its no fun cuz the direction changes are massive and I always get defense contact but #itsracing. Seems like u gave up in the last lap and pitted to end ur race there to give up those 3 points :whistling:.Terrible antics this round from the grid in Brno, seems the competitiveness has some fellas very desperate. Congrats to all

As you said, we too are cool together. Saw your video and it wasnt quite the same as mine. I can show you my pov during the race. Have video of it all. But i had a **** week and to be there i obviously wasnt going to let you just overtake me. I did nothing wrong or illegal. I drove quite hard but fair. Just ask @Andrew Holmes. But I'm here to win the championship, both drivers and teams. Adam told me a bit what you felt/told him and its completely incorrect. I'll be on today so feel free to come over to discuss it. And as I said will be more than happy to show you my pov to see. I wasn't as bad as it is on your vid

What happened here? This was a horrible oversight by NASCAR IMO. Apparently, they have the opposite problem re: cautions when racing a road course...at night...on a blind corner...with a car stalled on the track in that blind corner. The T.V. sat on the Delta Wing for about a minute before IMSA/NASCAR threw the caution. It was agony. I'm glad the English announcers called them out, because mouthpieces at Fox said nothing. And the car sat on the track for much longer than seen in this video, as I watched it live. Just as shocking as the actual lack of action. This was a disgrace. Did they just not want the Delta Wing to win? I hope it's not that bad, as that car was the only true innovation on the track.

P.S. - I have to respect the vote here, but I just can't race for an hour for nothing. Can I join at the back after the "competition" caution? That's where I usually am anyway. lol.

Teammate? I love #4. I worship Jan Magnussen. lol. Damn, I might have to shape up for this one. lol.

BTW, the finish between Gavin and Magnussen, with Magnussen holding Gavin off (who had fresher tires and was charging so hard to pass Jan that the team told Jan to let Ollie by, which hardly ever happens with them) at the end, was probably largely unseen by the world.

In what has to be in my top three of all time anywhere for the single most stunning and skilled driving I have ever witnessed live or in person (and I have witnessed a lot), Magnussen held Gavin (no slouch, lol) just far enough to leave him one legitimate shot, which was so complexly but completely defended by Magnussen, that I can't figure out how he did it to this day.

@Dominic Ollivierre also let me just say Dubai has nothing to do with it. Really hope you didnt mean that part or i didnt understand well. I dont do revenge. We talked it then and we had no issues from that specific moment

No love lost @Adel Elsayed. Forgive me for Branding it revenge, that's just my way of justifying the challenge I was faced with but in the end after the dust settled, I did realize that you are indeed a championship contender in both regards and you are here to win as am I, so totally fair in that respect. There was nothing illegal about your defense it was just very aggressive and Frustrating for me especially in seeing Andrew, lance, Ben etc get by you without much defense from you, Felt personal at the time since we are fighting for the championship, but perhaps I'm just not aggressive enough on the attack, will have to address that. No matter what tho, we are friends and it's racing. You ma dawg!! :barefoot:

Last edited:
No love lost @Adel Elsayed. Forgive me for Branding it revenge, that's just my way of justifying the challenge I was faced with but in the end after the dust settled, I did realize that you are indeed a championship contender in both regards and you are here to win as am I, so totally fair in that respect. There was nothing illegal about your defense it was just very aggressive and Frustrating for me especially in seeing Andrew, lance, Ben etc get by you without much defense from you, Felt personal at the time since we are fighting for the championship, but perhaps I'm just not aggressive enough on the attack, will have to address that. No matter what tho, we are friends and it's racing. You ma dawg!! :barefoot:
#GetARoomGuys :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick: lol

It's your elephant man. It's easier to defend from. I honestly had nothing against you in particular. It was just a bit easier to defend. I would never let the others by if i could stop it obviously. Would rather get that P2 and boost my championship than loose all that just to attempt to slow u down. I don't do that. It's all cool though. Uploading vid now of that race. Was good fun and I want you to be sure I have nothing against you :p Should be done by the season 3 of Assetto at this rate

It's your elephant man. It's easier to defend from. I honestly had nothing against you in particular. It was just a bit easier to defend. I would never let the others by if i could stop it obviously. Would rather get that P2 and boost my championship than loose all that just to attempt to slow u down. I don't do that. It's all cool though. Uploading vid now of that race. Was good fun and I want you to be sure I have nothing against you :p Should be done by the season 3 of Assetto at this rate

You my brother. It's all good in tha hood homie. what the hell happened in the end of the sprint race tho, did u just bail and head to the pits when dean got by you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes