Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I intend to dominate season three

I Like Your Drive To Do So For S3 Mate But As Im Aware At least Half Of Our Grid So Far Will Have Assetto Corsa On Launch Day. Ive Took A Week Off Work To Play It So Ill Be On It None Stop Even While Testing For The League Race So Ill Have Just As Much As A Head Start As You Will If Not More Haha As will Nic,Tom,Ben,Gareth i assume will get it,Adel,Benjamin and the rest of the field whenever they get it so its useless really mate just focus on P Cars For Now And Start Asseto When We All Do as Will All Be In The Same Boat Learning The Game ill Be Straight Into Setup Work On The First Day See How It Effects the Cars Ect and trying all GT3s and the longer you stay off your wheel the harder it will be to get back where you are now trust me have to keep practicing dude and try your Mercedes setup on the BMW like i said.

so I wont be allowed to fill out the sign up thread is what you're telling me there? Nice
No If You Leave And Your Spots Taken Dude We Cant Just Kick That Driver Out To Put You Back In For S3 we would love it to be that easy mate but as you know once you go and your spots taken you will be reserve untill someone eles drops out ect and we want you racing not on the sidelines Your Our S1 Champion For God Sake Every World Champion Has A Off Season Look At Vettel,Alonso And Hamilton For example But Your Not Even That Far Off Now From 3 Seconds To A Second Of Is Great Progress Come On Dude As 1 Of The 3 Founders Of This League Dude You Dont Seem To Interested ive had the worst S1 and Start to S2 But Im still Here And will be till the end

It is GTLM but all the cars now fit into the GTE-GT3 classification something new for 2016 to make the cars able to race all over the world. Apparently it's a popular class.

Retrofit is more like it. The ACO did this to cow tow to the manufacturers, who are vital to make a series like this successful. They make the whole car, after all.

This series was originally conceived to *always* fit the LeMans Spec by the ACO...that was the whole purpose of the series, until NASCAR bought it. After that, it lost the automatic bid to LeMans for some classes and struggled to understand just how these things work worldwide since NASCAR is not used to compromise and collaboration. Now it now takes them at least a year to retro fit our "sportscar" series to theirs. GT is an obsession in America for many reasons. I like them both when done right. And the "new" GTE-Am class (old GT3 in the game or the GTD class in the America) is now simply an "older" GTE-Am car (to limit spending). I suspect the "amateur class" will become less and less popular among SIM racers in favor of the top tier, but it's all we have in pCARS besides the one Beemer. That's what I was talking about...the game specs, not actual specs. I doubt Ford would license a car that does not exist.

WEC is all the rage in Europe primarily because of the high-end, super-fast LMP1 class. In other words, as Panos knew, the series has something for everyone. Or should. What's it called these days?...oh yea, The IMSA-Weather-Tech-presented-by-NASCAR-SportsCar-Racing-Series has focused almost exclusively on GT to the point of it swallowing up what was not only a very robust, but world-leading and innovative Prototype class.

Overall though, the GT class does look good now, and as a bonus for GT fans, you cannot tell the GTLM cars from the DP cars! :O_o: with the new European spec "GT" (which America should be defining, as the FIA is wedded to TC to separate "Sportscars" from F1, their baby):

GTLM -
2016-Ford-GT-LM-GTE-0.jpg

Daytona "Prototype":
tusc-daytona-january-testing-2015-01-chip-ganassi-ford-riley-scott-pruett-joey-hand-charli.jpg

It may be that the new LMP1 cars intimidate NASCAR, since they are so expensive and technologically advanced. Or, it could be that they are too fast for the type of tracks we have over here. But I doubt it's the latter, unless the FIA has gotten IMSA/NASCAR to start sanctioning only tracks they grade. In that case, I'd have to side with NASCAR for holding the line, as tracks are infinitely more important than the car, IMO, and the FIA doesn't know a good track from its ass apparently.

Sold my old wheel and bought the T3PA-Pro's Anyone have these, tried the spring or conical brake mod? Preferences? Inverted, floor mounted?
I have the T3PA pro pedals. I like the conical brake mod. Once it gets broken in it gives you a good brake feel. I have mine set right up to the pedal arm. The spring mod doesn't give you a progressive feel.

I would like to invert mine, but I have a wheel stand pro and it can't be done without some creative thinking, and I am to swamp right now with work to put the time in. I will probably upgrade my wheel stand. Any suggestions? The goal is to eventually get a actual sim rig.

If you want a load cell set up you can go with this upgrade. http://www.ricmotech.com/Load_Cell_Kit_for_Thrustmaster_Pedals_p/rmt-lc500.htm

I built my rig with scrapwood and car seat from the junkyard. The whole thing costs less than $50. I put in on casters so I can roll it around on the floor. If you build your own rig I think you will like it better, because you can customize it to cater to whatever devices you want.

My thought on the GT class being so popular is because, The cars look even more like road cars than Stock Cars do. Easily identifiable, and no need to do massive aero changes to make each car different, while racing on road courses as opposed to ovals. So you can go out and buy a Corvette and take it out on the track or a curvy road and you are almost GT racing. Try renting a Ford Fusion and finding an interstate on-off ramp to drive around, lol not quite as fun. :p

Press Conference
Q:
How would you rate your performance in Dubai?
10/10. Couldnt've done better.

Q: Do you think this circuit will suit your car and why?
From what i've seen, no. Looks like the Bentleys & GWAH guys are too quick
Q: Where do you aim to finish this week?
Realistically, about P6-P7 in the feature, maybe sneak a top 3 in sprint? (Optimistic)

Q: After rounds one to four, where do you see yourself in the championship chase?
Well if i had been here, i would have hoped for about P4-P5 in the standings. But who knows

Press Conference
Q: How would you rate your performance in Dubai?
6/10. Probably my worst track on the calendar but i managed to sneak in a podium thankfully.
Q: Do you think this circuit will suit your car and why?
Absolutely not for me. It's the worst car I've ever driven on this track. Can't find any sort of setup to help it along. Atleast Ben is fast so hopefully this will be damage limitation here.
Q: Where do you aim to finish this week?
A podium would be great but quite unrealistic. Will just try and get solid points for the team in both races.
Q: After rounds one to four, where do you see yourself in the championship chase?
Been a great start. Bathurst was absolutely brilliant for our team. Dubai I managed to salvage good points eventhough I didn't have the speed for it while Ben drove brilliantly. Bar a couple of points in the 2 Dubai races from me and Ben it couldn't have gone much better.

#OutOfControlRacing

My thought on the GT class being so popular is because, The cars look even more like road cars than Stock Cars do. Easily identifiable, and no need to do massive aero changes to make each car different, while racing on road courses as opposed to ovals. So you can go out and buy a Corvette and take it out on the track or a curvy road and you are almost GT racing. Try renting a Ford Fusion and finding an interstate on-off ramp to drive around, lol not quite as fun. :p

One of the rich track owners bought this car for fun:
Bill-Elliott-1985.jpg

Brought it to the track and I begged and begged. lol. He said, "no way." Not even sit in it? Nope. lol.

The cars look even more like road cars than Stock Cars do. Easily identifiable, and no need to do massive aero changes to make each car different, while racing on road courses as opposed to ovals. So you can go out and buy a Corvette and take it out on the track or a curvy road and you are almost GT racing.

I agree completely. That's the appeal for me too. I was lucky enough to see the start of the class in the ALMS. What a joy to watch those Corvettes dominate every year. :inlove:.

There is something about driving, though, an open wheel car that better connects me to the road. I guess I really am more attracted by terrain than car. Give me a good GT race at Willow Springs over an F1 race in Bahrain any day. ;)

I built my rig with scrapwood and car seat from the junkyard. The whole thing costs less than $50. I put in on casters so I can roll it around on the floor. If you build your own rig I think you will like it better, because you can customize it to cater to whatever devices you want.
It's definitely something to think about. I have to wait to get the oil tank out of my basement before I do anything at this point. When that is gone and I can move things around I will see what kind of room I have to work with.

Peter, you need to study up on "NASCAR Logic" which has three rules:

1. Do what France wants.
2. Do what will bring in the most revenue through blatant showmanship not based on competition continuity.
3. If rule #2 cannot be inferred, see rule #1.
I used to love nascar. But France ruined it with the point system not to mention that there are now 36 teams guaranteed to start every race and there is only 40 cars starting a race instead of 43. I know they did it to attract more sponsorship ($$$$), but come one. Gone are the good ole days were running consistent was rewarded over winning races. How does someone win a championship after missing 11 races in a season. I know busch went on a tear when he came back, but with the old points system it would have been impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes