Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I'm afraid not but I see it's looking better than ever.
Racing on PC now in the Race Department Touring car championship
http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/rd-touring-car-championship.50/
Check out my car at the front on the video.
Full live coverage and full comentry. It's hard to say the least.
Awesome Stuff Mate Good To See Your Still Racing Ill Check It Out On My Break and Thats A Shame Would Be Awesome To Have You Here And Yeah Its Going Great ATM We Plan On Taking Assetto Corsa On For Season 3 As well So Its Looking Up :)

Good News Everyone!!!!!!! Ive Been Speaking With @Andrew Wood About Setting Up An Event With Our League And Theirs 8 Drivers From Each League To Battle It Out For Bragging Rights So To Speak would be 3-5 events laps ect not confirmed and will either be Recorded or live streamed for everyone eles to see, Andrew seems to Like The Idea But Is Going To Talk To His Drivers And See Who is Interested Before We Arrange Anything So Stay Tuned For That. Heres My Current List Of Who I Think Will Attend This Event Alongside Myself And @Ben Milden

1. @Adam Morris
2. @Ben Milden
3. @Dominic Ollivierre
4. @Lance Loomis
5. @Gareth Williams
6. @Andrew Holmes
7. @Adel Elsayed
8. @Thomas While

This Is Subject To Change But These Are The Drivers So Far That I Think Would Make Our Strongest Team And Do Our Group Proud Dont Worry If U Feel You Should Be There Dont Be Afraid To Message Me As These Drivers Could Be Subject To Change As Nothing Is Set In Stone ATM.
Look Forward To Setting This Up, Hopefully Will Have An Update Very Soon
@Jonathan Seekings Maybe You Would Like To Assist Making A Video For This Event When The Time Comes

watched the Adelaide round and turned off after you went :p

Cheers mate. We went wrong on set up and i didn't turn my diff to the correct settings and only found out last week my wheel settings were so wrong it was insane. But its all a learning curv.
Theres a club race tonight so keep an eye out for the link.

PS i was at the wrong place at the wrong time, should of backed out. I will learn

Last edited:
Awesome Stuff Mate Good To See Your Still Racing Ill Check It Out On My Break and Thats A Shame Would Be Awesome To Have You Here And Yeah Its Going Great ATM We Plan On Taking Assetto Corsa On For Season 3 As well So Its Looking Up :)

Again this league is looking good, some familiar name and @Ben Milden video's are always a good watch.
Assetto Corsa is pretty good, alot different to Pcars. Both have there pros and cons but i love the Nissan GTR and Lambo Huracan in ACorsa and theres more to come. New Merc GT3 is awesome and the Z4 is alot harder to drive.

Again this league is looking good, some familiar name and @Ben Milden video's are always a good watch.
Assetto Corsa is pretty good, alot different to Pcars. Both have there pros and cons but i love the Nissan GTR and Lambo Huracan in ACorsa and theres more to come. New Merc GT3 is awesome and the Z4 is alot harder to drive.
I Cant Wait For It Mate Alot Better Car Selections And Id Imagine The Physics Compaired to PCars Is Alot Different Just Looks Like it Will Walk All Over PCars With The Better Cars Ect Its Pre-Ordered Just Have To Wait Now

Good News Everyone!!!!!!! Ive Been Speaking With @Andrew Wood About Setting Up An Event With Our League And Theirs 8 Drivers From Each League To Battle It Out For Bragging Rights So To Speak would be 3-5 events laps ect not confirmed and will either be Recorded or live streamed for everyone eles to see, Andrew seems to Like The Idea But Is Going To Talk To His Drivers And See Who is Interested Before We Arrange Anything So Stay Tuned For That. Heres My Current List Of Who I Think Will Attend This Event Alongside Myself And @Ben Milden

1. @Adam Morris
2. @Ben Milden
3. @Dominic Ollivierre
4. @Lance Loomis
5. @Gareth Williams
6. @Andrew Holmes
7. @Adel Elsayed
8. @Thomas While

This Is Subject To Change But These Are The Drivers So Far That I Think Would Make Our Strongest Team And Do Our Group Proud Dont Worry If U Feel You Should Be There Dont Be Afraid To Message Me As These Drivers Could Be Subject To Change As Nothing Is Set In Stone ATM.
Look Forward To Setting This Up, Hopefully Will Have An Update Very Soon
@Jonathan Seekings Maybe You Would Like To Assist Making A Video For This Event When The Time Comes
yeah maybe

I understand that singling out Tom might be harsh but the rules are there to be abided by. The first rule in the rules and regs is to respect track limits, and although no one kicked up a fuss about the overtake, it was still out of bounds. Rob and myself did notice a lot of people ignoring the boundaries last week, but unfortunately someone has to be made an example of for people to understand that they will be punished for not sticking to the rules.

Sorry to Tom if this whole situation has upset you, i did watch the race and you drove a blinder. I hope you understand why we did this, and no hard feelings.

Ok I think we need to take on what the stewards have said. In my opinion they have been lenient in the past and I feel they are right to crack the wip this time.

Pit lane exit rule will be added to the rules as of NOW crossing the line will be an instant 5 second penalty (agree @Adam Morris)

At the end of the day we don't want to have loads of rules we should be professional enough to drive within the existing ones

And we need to get away from the this culture of "well everyone did it so I did" rubbish it's up to the drivers to report things and the stewards to see things

Ok I think we need to take on what the stewards have said. In my opinion they have been lenient in the past and I feel they are right to crack the wip this time.

Pit lane exit rule will be added to the rules as of NOW crossing the line will be an instant 5 second penalty (agree @Adam Morris)

At the end of the day we don't want to have loads of rules we should be professional enough to drive within the existing ones

And we need to get away from the this culture of "well everyone did it so I did" rubbish it's up to the drivers to report things and the stewards to see things

Agreed @Ben Milden And Theres Cracking The Whip Mate And Just Picking Someone Out Of The Pack To Make A Point That Isn't Right Atall If Thats The Case Everyone Involved Needs A Penalty Of Some Kind As I Guarantee The Whole Grid Was Extending At Dubai Ive Seen It Myself Including Me On A Few Turns Even Try To Overtake On The Inside Over A Kurb :) To Give Space While Following Ben Reason Im Against The Tom Thing Is Sure Its was A Illegal Overtake But To Just Choose Him To Make Your Point Is Unfair Yes The Penalty Is Needed But Especially As He Loses A Position Due To This And Its Only Him Is The Reason Im Against As It Just Goes Back To A Similar Thing We Had With Ben And Lance Its Gonna Start Getting Stupid With Everyone Taking People to Stewards Each Race For Running Wide Slightly And Out Of Everyone Tom Was Probably The Least Likely To Extend The Track Out Of All Of Us Decisions made just stating my feelings on the Matter

Clarification
and Updated Penalty's For Track Extensions

.As Ive Seen So Far Everyone In This Group Myself Included Is Guilty Of Over-Extending The Track At Some Point Weather That May Be S1 or S2 But Its Coming To Our Attention That If This Carries On We Are Going To End Up With People Complaining Every Race That Says Adams Extended once The Whole Race Or So On, Its A Waste Of The Stewards Time For Incidents That Should Be Clear Cut Rules and also The Organizers Time When We Have To Start Talking To Drivers Regarding This.

This Is Not Acceptable All 4 Wheels Over The Line And Kurbs Plus Theres Almost A Cars Width Between the M3 and The Kurb This Is A NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
image-png.121736

Car On The Left Is Clearly Showing This Is A Track Extension Anything With All 4 Wheels Over The White Line And Kurb Which Is A Big NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!.
Project-CARS-1.jpg

As You Can See Here The Mercedes Is Still 2 wheels Inside The Track With The Majority Of The Car Still On The Kurb This Is Fine.
4.jpg

Now Heres A Tricky One Yes The Cars All The Way Over The White Line Here But It Remains Partly On The Kurb Not The Astro-Turf Run Off As We Have Stated At The Start Of S1 and S2 If 2 Wheels Remain On The Kurb But Also His Full Car Is On The Kurb so This Is Allowed But Could Also Be Seen As Extending Depending On Severity Of The Incident More So When Racing Someone to Allow Maximum Space In The Turns If Where To Be Seen Doing This All The Time And Gaining By Doing So It May be Looked Into As We Are Still Learning All Track Limits For Some Circuits.
project-cars.jpg

images
Like This 1 At Spa This Would Be Acceptable.

This Is Acceptable
400028603.jpg

This Is Acceptable
hqdefault.jpg

I Hope This helps Anyone That Didn't Understand Fully :)

Penalty's Are To Be Discussed Between Myself @Ben Milden @Jonathan Seekings @Rob McEwan To Find The Best Solution To Try And Stop This Happening As The Stewards Time Is Being Wasted Solving Petty Arguments So Stay Tuned.

Last edited:
If I may interject since I'm one of the drivers that have been penalized with fair discretion... Here are my thoughts, my 2 cents.

I believe that all 3 points are right, the stewards decision is right to penalize Tom for an illegal overtake, Adam's thoughts are fair that it is a harsh decision to single Tom out, and Ben is absolutely right that the whip needed to be cracked now rather than later...

We are all here to win, we will push the boundaries since we will be on our limit, we are not perfect and mistakes will happen whether contrite or not, we have all pushed those boundaries! This being said, I completely support the decision to penalize me since I was one of the worst of the lot of drivers and I was indeed protested, so I needed to be made an example of and Tom unfortunately got penalized as well as a further example as a warning to all the other drivers as he wasn't protested by anyone.

From this point on, it may get silly as Adam has suggested and I see it coming, because we are all so competitive and get disgruntled when you see another driver pushing those boundaries and getting away with it. The stewards office may be busy. This is precisely why I've been an advocate for enabling the game's rules n flags. As I've told everyone, I believe that those rules are fair and it teaches us to be clean racers. It's a rule that serves a purpose for the greater good, something to consider if this all gets out of hand and silly.

Hope that the racing from here on out can be clean, fun and fair as that is what we are all here for. Cheers

I would rather just race and have the camaraderie to have a chat with a fellow racer if I think that his driving offends me, as I've told Andrew, and if he chooses to ignore me then I can take him to the stewards, that's what it should be about in my opinion, I don't believe in the petty back n forth protests, and this picture is not a protest by any means but simply evidence to illustrate what we are talking about that happens.

Andrew has protested me and while I'm fine with him doing that, this is him massively cutting the track Infront of Tom's team mate on the same corner that Tom got penalized on.
image.png

Tom is one of the cleanest drivers in the league and I guess that we just feel bad for him being the one made an example of cuz he is really clean most of the time. Hope this sheds some light on this whole debacle.

Last edited:
Thats Exactly My Point Mate There Is A few Of Us Just As Guilty But Thats A Major Extension Lol Is That The Final Turn and is That Andrew In The M3 ?? Thats Almost A Full Car Width Off Track haha

Thats Exactly My Point Mate There Is A few Of Us Just As Guilty But Thats A Major Extension Lol Is That The Final Turn and is That Andrew In The M3 ??

Indeed it is mate. I chose not to protest and I won't protest anyone because I believe that we can all have the discretion to sort out differences out with each other and respect each other on track. But I only posted this to illustrate your point, and I'm quite content with my penalty, I deserved it :whistling:

Thats Exactly My Point Mate There Is A few Of Us Just As Guilty But Thats A Major Extension Lol Is That The Final Turn and is That Andrew In The M3 ??
It is the final corner and Andrews M3, but he didn't overtake me on that turn but a couple of turns before hand.

I have no personally involvement in this and I believe Nic got this from my livestream

If the stewards want me to make a video for them I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 546 68.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 344 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 363 45.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 183 23.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 214 27.0%
Back