Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

good race guys, really right on the edge for length, I am exhausted! Went decent for me in the end, finished around where I was expecting factoring in the disadvantage of the car/track combo so I'm reasonably pleased. I had a clean race for the most part, no contact with anyone just a few cut tracks and 1 or 2 offs. Got off to a great start from the back, shooting up to 4th and then 3rd until pit strategy came into play around lap 12. Something in the Aston really changes after the first pit stop though, second race in a row now that overall lap times drop 2-4 seconds even when I consistently run almost identical lines and braking points. I have no way of explaining it but it is killing me on the second stint for no apparent reason:confused:. Anyway, aside from that annoyance the rest of the race became less exciting until the end. I feel I really messed this one up with strategy (tires + full fuel), which cost me quite a few spots. Once the night came, I managed to stay on consistently better than I expected but the car just wouldn't put in the times I needed. The middle section of the race was mostly uneventful, but it got quite close (for that long a race) at the end between Prometheus, me, and Doc. We all were pushing to the limit and I managed to close the gap to 3 seconds to Prom on the final lap with a 56.8, while Doc was storming from behind running 55's in the last couple laps. I was lucky to hold him off and overall I am happy with the result. Really can't wait for some tracks where the GTE will really shine like it did at the glen! Intrigued to see how it handles the ring but I am taking a break from GT3 until then lol. That was enough GT racing to last a month haha
Good race though, congrats to Dalai for the win! and a job very well done by Michael 2nd and Bigdaddy 3rd who really nailed their strategies and stretched the limits of their slower (top end) cars for the entirety of the race:thumbsup:

well where do I start lol..I started out not to good but in like 7th or so. went straight to 3 rd ran there till I did my pit strategy of just fuel dropped back to 10th got back up to 2nd ran there till my pit strategy of lap 22 for full fuel and tires then I was good for the rest of race. I got back out in 5th and just ran constistant laps and got back to 3rd. So my strategy paid off I wanted a top 5 finish and got a 3rd out of it. I am happy happy happy lol...I had a good pace and was able to run with some of the ones up front for most of the race. I would like to thank my sponser the doughnut house and the pizza I ate before the race. :) all in all I had a blast and was excited for this race for some reason.
but I guess now I cant be the professional amatuer now lol....I'm just a slow pro guy hahahahahaha....

Make sure all of you that felt slighted post on the Project CARS forum about last nights ridiculous glitch. To me the issues we had are really unacceptable and at the very least need to be reported to SMS.

....to voice your experience from last night. The more people report an issue the more legitimacy it adds and SMS might actually take it seriously.

Last edited:
Race 4 Results
2.4 Hours of Le Mans
1. Tom Senchak / the Dalai toma / BMW M3 #14GT-Pro
2. Michael Watts / MichaeI Watts / BMW Z4 #82GT-Pro
3. Joe White / bigdaddvx2005 / Audi R8 LMS #3GT-Pro
4. Railer Cantrell / HRH Racing / Mercedes SLS #47 GT-Pro
5. Sean Fleming / Prometheus360 / Audi R8 LMS #18GT-Pro
6. Nic Worsfold/ EpilepticToast / Aston Martin GTE #37 GT-Pro
7. Chris Chavana / docholiday600 / Audi LMS ultra #4 GT-Pro
8. .Brian Batiato / SpiffPF2 / Aston Martin Vantage GT3 ## GT-Am
9. Lucas Gortman / x Taco Lover XX / BMW Z4 #84 GT-Am
10.Alex Hinton / tha Sup3rN0va / Aston Martin GTE #22GT-Pro DNF
11.Eric Cline / McNasty0421 / BMW Z4 #83 GT-Pro DNF
12.Joe Zarkos / JoeZarkos / BMW Z4 GT #98 GT-Am DQ'ed
13.Marcio Jesus / PRT marcioj / Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 #GT-Am DNS

Le Mans is the biggest race of the season. The legendary track challenges both man and machine in the longest endurance race of the year. As the series sets up for the race there are a couple of new faces in the GT-Am class, Marcio Jesus, and Joe Zarkos. Other than that it was the usual suspects up front during Qualifying. Railer Cantrell, who recently split ties with RUF Porsche, took his new Mercedes to a blistering pole lap of 3:54.9. Michael Watts and Tom Senchak both with 3:55.5 and 3:55.7 couldn’t match the speed of the Mercedes. But it wouldn’t matter as there was glitch in timing and scoring and the grid for the race was set to random. Forcing Railer to the outside poll while Watts started from the 11th position. Jesus’ team was unable to get his car to the grid after experiencing technical difficulties and withdrew from the race. But that still left 12 drivers to battle for the next 2.4 hours of Le Mans.

At the start, due to the random grid, there was a lot of jockeying for position as Senchak and Cantrell pulled away from the field. A bit of an auspicious start for drivers, Chris Chavana, and Brian Batiato, as they both experienced trouble early leading to damage on their cars. Chavana pitted multiple times during the race to repair damage but still managed a 7th place finish. Batiato also rebounded from his early troubles to finish 8th. Cantrell, who couldn’t stop singing the praises of his Mercedes kept pace and shared the lead with Senchak. Both drivers using the draft to build a comfortable cushion till their first stops. As the field spread out Watts, who had showed great speed in qualifying had to start virtually dead last with teammate Eric Cline, sliced through the field till reaching GT-Am driver Joe Zarkos. Zarkos put up a good fight and on lap 4 while trying to pass Zarkos into Muslanne Corner, Watts spun under heavy breaking causing damage to his car and forcing him into pitting for repairs and dropping him back to 11th again. Zarkos would go on to run well into the night until corner cuts had the Stewards disqualifying him in his first outing for BMW. Eric Cline, had a rough night struggling with the car until finally he had a suspension failure and was forced to retire. Alex Hinton suffered from a similar fate crashing out of the event in the early morning hours before the sun came back up.

As the night progressed, so did many different strategies by the different teams, including the one used by Joe White which took him from 7th to a Series high 3rd place finish. White was very happy with his finish thanking his car and sponsor. Nic Worsfold, had a good night with a very consistent run and was pretty happy with his 6th place finish despite feeling his car was bit under-powered compared to the rest of the field. Back at the front of the field Senchak had begun to pull away running a blistering pace through the night. He patiently waited for Cantrell to make mistake, which allowed him to move out front and take advantage of a clear track.

As the night wore on, Cantrell faded a bit in his Mercedes as he challenged White who was running in 2nd at the time. They traded positions a few times before Cantrell dropped back into the clutches of a hard charging Flemming and Watts, who had pushed his BMW back to 4th place. Both Flemming and Watts were making time on Cantrell, until Flemming suffered some kind of brake system malfunction causing him to slide through the gravel and into the barrier. Flemming was still able to recover with a 5th despite suffering damage and having to repair the car. Watts was able to catch the cars of White and Cantrell after Flemming's misfortune, even passing White while in the pits for the final stop.

As final stops played out both, Watts and White, were able to get past Cantrell who was running second when his car had trouble and suffered damage in the Indianapolis corner. As the sun came up the lap times started dropping, with Chris Chavana who ran his fastest lap (3:55.4) of the race. Everyone was trying to catch Senchak who had built a 2:16 lead with one stop left. Even after an extended stay in the pits, Senchak still was able to enjoy a 1:08 gap to the finish of the race. Senchak was elated with his finish, and enjoyed his battle with Cantrell, but gave props to Watts and White for their 2nd and 3rd place finishes respectively.

I had a great time up until I got DQ'd for corner cutting in the dark, had 3 in one lap, what lost me around 15 seconds in time penalties and put me from 4th to 7th/8th. I blame this on just working a full day and only having a 30min nap before racing (the joys of UK time) ;)

Other than that though, enjoyed the race a lot, had solid race pace with plenty of close racing with many of you. Looking forward to a track thats not 8+ miles long.

I did stream my race on Twitch but forgot to enable the auto-archive option so not sure how I can re-watch or share.

I would first like to apologize to everyone for the mishap going into the Playstation Chicane. I was focusing on not wrecking everyone that I missed my braking mark and blew through the field at the chicane. For the race overall I was happy with the results. The 46 Aston vantage V12 had more power then I new what to do with on the straight. The first lap Incident hurt my aero, but I had planned on pitting at lap 6 any way so I only had to endure the 8 mile an hr loss for a little bit. Once the Aston was fixed she ran like a beast. I was able to average mid 4:01's during the night run which kept me at a spot to be able to pick up some positions. Unfortunately due to a couple of missed marks (and cut track penalty's) I did not make up as much as I wanted to. after my last pitstop on lap 22 I was good to go until the end. It was rather uneventful for me after that. I was able to catch Taco on lap 24 on the long straight going into Playstation Chicane. We went side by side heading into the Michelin chicane. Taco gave me the room to make it though with out an incident. After that it was smooth sailing from there. Overall I can't complain bout the race. I just wish that I did not have the mishap at the beginning. I feel that I could have taken 1 or 2 more positions. When the sun came up I was able to start running mid 59's for the rest of the race. See you at the Nurburgring.

Last edited:
Glitches aside this was my view.
HOLY CRAP what a car.
Seriously at the start I couldnt believe I was hanging on the coat tails of the Dalai. What a driver, awesome job.
Hung with Dalai for 12 laps then went to pit. Had a 30+ lead over 3rd place so was fun to pass some cars. Kudos to Big Daddy for not pressing too hard and let me slide by.
I had some unforced errors of over driving the car and was trying to stay in 2nd place when down the back stretch coming into Indianapolis, I got the left side tires in the grass and did a nice 500 foot long spin. Slight enough damage to car that hampered my driving enough that Big Daddy passed me and I wasnt able to catch him. Overall I didnt expect to be in the top 5, but it was a nice race. Worn out afterwards.
Nordschleife is calling so must tune the car for my favorite track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes