Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Full Name: Rini Braat
PSN ID: Gl4dia7QrZ

I like to drive the BMW Z4 GT3
Hello Rini And Welcome to The Group im Afraid The Z4 is unavailable could you choose another car ? and when would you be next able to come online as either myself @Ben Milden or @Andrew Holmes will need to evaluate you before you take part in the race dont worry its nothing towards you everyone eles including myself have had to do this :)

Hello Rini And Welcome to The Group im Afraid The Z4 is unavailable could you choose another car ? and when would you be next able to come online as either myself @Ben Milden or @Andrew Holmes will need to evaluate you before you take part in the race dont worry its nothing towards you everyone eles including myself have had to do this :)
Also the Bentley is Banned so cant choose that ;)

Im online al day today. I like to drive the Audi LMS GT3 then ;)
No problem Audi it is :) just so you know after this weekend at Round 3 which will be at Dubai all Drivers will be locked in the cars they have chosen so was just to make sure that's the best choice for you and add my PSN (RDF1-AdamMorris) ill be home around 5oclock UK Time so next hour and half jump online then all run you threw the Evaluation and we can get you signed up ready for Friday Thank you for Your cooperation see you on track soon :)

No problem Audi it is :) just so you know after this weekend at Round 3 which will be at Dubai all Drivers will be locked in the cars they have chosen so was just to make sure that's the best choice for you and add my PSN (RDF1-AdamMorris) ill be home around 5oclock UK Time so next hour and half jump online then all run you threw the Evaluation and we can get you signed up ready for Friday Thank you for Your cooperation see you on track soon :)
Ancient Aliens.jpg

Zhuhai International Circuit Image.png
The Zhuhai International Circuit is a purpose-built race track just outside the city of Zhuhai. The venue, with its long straights and tricky braking zones, was originally intended to host the FIA Formula One Chinese Grand Prix, however the event made it to the Shanghai International Circuit instead. Now here we are to fill the gap that Formula One left. It is the second round of the Friday Night GT Championship from Zhuhai, China! This week: Can Holmes keep his championship lead and take a second win on the bounce? Can either one of the RUF drivers strike for M&M Racing and take their first win of the season? Will a new driver close into the championship chase? It will be answered in Zhuhai!

HOT LAP

PRESS CONFERENCE
Q: Will anything that you learned in Sakitto help you here in Zhuhai?
Q: Are you happy with your performance from Japan?
Q: Where do you see yourself in the championship at the end based on Round 1?
Q: Where do you aim to finish this weekend?

OFFICIAL STATEMENT
On the lead up to the Chinese round of the championship at the Zhuhai International Circuit, many drivers have queries about track limits at turn 3, the exit of the left hander before the long straight. We at the FNGTC just want to make it clear, as said in the regulations, that "Drivers must respect track limits at all times". Therefore, if drivers are seen to be repeatedly putting four wheels over the white line and gaining an advantage, the stewards will be forced to take the appropriate action! Thank you for your time everyone,

Co-Organiser of FNGTC,
@Adam Morris.

Last edited:
These formula C cars are brilliant to drive, much easier to pick up than I thought. Just drove around Donington Park GP in a 1:23.805

This could make for a great full blown championship outside of a supporting role.

These formula C cars are brilliant to drive, much easier to pick up than I thought. Just drove around Donington Park GP in a 1:23.805

This could make for a great full blown championship outside of a supporting role.

I think it's sort of "been there, done that" with GP3, although I did include it as an option. Typically, though, I hate to run the same series twice, but if there is enough interest....

And I agree, they are brilliant. Maybe the best cars (at least open wheel) in the game. I think the Formula Gulf and the F1 classics would provide much the same feel, although a slightly higher challenge, which we will all need at some point. I have not even tried t tune one of the F1 historics. Much less try to compare lap times.... But if they are very close, having a historic F1 season would be really cool. Unless, they come out with the IndyCar. Then all bets are off. lol. But I seriously doubt they will.

I'm going to be doing some testing today in different cars. Once they release the next patch, the road cars will be separately classified, which could also make for an interesting tin top series, as we will then know which ones are similar in lap times. Otherwise, the Trans-Am cars are fun, but very limited in their view. You really have to get used to looking right and left.

I initially did choose the Formula 3 cars add my choice as they have been the most fun to drive so far. Actually the most fun car I've driven since GPL all those years ago. I would happily run another series with them tbh, especially as we've only run a short one this time.

I initially did choose the Formula 3 cars add my choice as they have been the most fun to drive so far. Actually the most fun car I've driven since GPL all those years ago. I would happily run another series with them tbh, especially as we've only run a short one this time.

I have such fond memory's of GPL, and its mods if I remember correctly.

Geoff crammonds gp3 and 4 were cracking.

I'm very interested in taking part in classic racing online. Hunts McLaren and lauda's Ferrari in FM5 are great fun with all assists off, but I have hardly played it as I got my xb1 a few weeks ago with fm5 and PCARS, I can't get enough of the buggy PCARS, roll on update 3.

I have such fond memory's of GPL, and its mods if I remember correctly.

Geoff crammonds gp3 and 4 were cracking.

I'm very interested in taking part in classic racing online. Hunts McLaren and lauda's Ferrari in FM5 are great fun with all assists off, but I have hardly played it as I got my xb1 a few weeks ago with fm5 and PCARS, I can't get enough of the buggy PCARS, roll on update 3.
Yeah fantastic times back in the 90's for sim racing. GPL had such an incredible modding community and such a vast database of tracks... gives me goosebumps just thinking about how good it was for something all those years ago. I also have all the Geoff Cramond GP titles. Such a shame he never has got involved in sim racing on consoles. The guy is a legend :thumbsup::inlove:

Learning all the time two different tracks so hard to carry over any setup stuff.
Yes pole and then a 2nd place on a track not suited to our car very pleased
Difficult to judge hopefully top 3
1st of course if not then 2nd behind my teammate

This is my first time in a championship so I'm learning from every round which will help me in general.
A couple of mistakes but I'm happy with P5 in Qualy and to finish 7th in my first race.
Based on round 1, 7th ;)
Not a favourable track for me so top 10 shall be satisfactory :thumbsup:

PRESS CONFERENCE
Nope
Not really, won it by fluke
Not in P1
In the points

Might have learnt something if I actually got going.
Q:
Are you happy with your performance from Japan?
Yes, the loading screen in qualy and myself had an almighty race. Won that one though.
Q:
Where do you see yourself in the championship at the end based on Round 1?
Based on Round 1, banned from the league.
Q:
Where do you aim to finish this weekend?
Judging by my practice sessions, finishing will be an absolute miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes