Post your videos thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMGfan's 135Ci with some 089 shaders... hit some issues with glass passing shadows and blendfunctions, but hey... just revaming the sounds now as best I can but really wanted to try a nice interior with CSM shadows and see how good it looks. It looks good :D

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/MrWh1ppy/?action=view&current=IMG_0177.mp4

How did You menaged to create shadows like that in interior?
Because Your shadows, i can see, they are really soft, mine are sharpen... Did You changed something in racer.ini?

Mine loks like that:

Lol, sorry if I sounded rude, that wasn't my intention. But it doesn't mean that the awesome tracks must be linked. I personally think that each track is a track, different from all the others... It would be strange to have two different tracks linked...

It would be strange to have two different tracks linked...

Well... that is a pretty relative statement.. Mashup is a "linking" of City Track Drift, Initial D.. well.. several tracks.. and it works just fine. Gizmo's is a linking of all (or most) of djgizmo's tracks.. but it is still a mess.. LOL.. I think the idea of linking tracks is more relevant now than ever, since computer hardware is less expensive and the GPU power is increasing.. Imagine linking Four Oaks via Akagi to Small City.. to another and yet another.. that would be nice.. but would require a massive amount of change to textures (so they match a "theme") and even splining.. but the idea.. yeah.. it's cool. Just my 2c..

Edit: The greatest problem would of course be permissions.. hm..

I don't think it's so strange. In the real world we have countryside next to cities, so why not in Racer? I know Poland would be inaccurate but it's just a concept.

I don't think it's so strange. In the real world we have countryside next to cities, so why not in Racer? I know Poland would be inaccurate but it's just a concept.

I'm not against a country side next to cities, hey, I would love that!! but conecting an existing finished track to it I don't know... it doesn't sound good. Unless it is modded to fit just right into the other track. That's what luthobu is doing with Gizmo's! And it has become my favourite track in Racer ;)

Problem with joining up is that the textures/shaders were developed seperately, texture intensities and styles etc... it'd just be very inefficient unless they were gone over again from the ground up to unify shaders and textures and share more of these elements to make it feel all of a piece.

That is fine with Gizmo's because he has made a load of content to join up, but Polish Roads for example has a texture set/style that isn't replicated elsewhere. It'd feel odd to drive from it to another 'style', ie, something like Tor's track!

Not saying don't do it, just be aware that it'll never look brilliant without loads of work :D

Dave

@mrwhippy: I totally agree. The reason why Gizmo's is so "easy" to join is that the tracks are small, and the textures few. Polish OTOH is enourmous.. and the textures have a definitive "style" that is hard to match, much more to change.. also I think that such a "large scale" track as Polish deserves to be "left alone" since it is rather complete as it is.. But that being said, it is not impossible to extend a track like Polish. Those roads that end in oblivion could easily be joined with another track, but I myself would then prefer to alter the textures of the adjoining track, and not Polish, so that the new one matches Polish. Oh well. This could go on forever.. but I think Tibs said this before, there is little to gain from renewing old tracks, and I partially agree, unless it is a track /I/ like, because I can then do the work myself, as I have with many, many (now) private tracks already ;)

Not that I condone conversions, but has anyone had a try to get the whole TDU island, or parts of it, from TDU into Racer :D

Some really nice areas on there!

I really like the run across the desert part to the west, and it rises up into some small mountains and has a switchback section and so on, then comes back down the other side and onto the flats again.
That in Racer with the new TOD/CSM shadows would be stunning at sunrise :D

Dave

I'm not against a country side next to cities, hey, I would love that!! but conecting an existing finished track to it I don't know... it doesn't sound good. Unless it is modded to fit just right into the other track. That's what luthobu is doing with Gizmo's! And it has become my favourite track in Racer ;)

Yeah, that's what I mean. Polish road's has an unfinished highway and the road that runs underneath it. You could model off of them and connect it to the Autobahn track. Not going to happen I suppose, but it would be nice since Polish Roads was never properly completed really.

I think that what AMG meant was that, it was his car, and then got tuned by someone else ;)

Yes! now it has more than 600whp..

when i had it, i got using garrett gt28rs, 250whp.

Now i have one, black and weekend version, with little mods...

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back