Post your videos thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mirrors section looks like
Code:
mirrors
{
  ; Simple rectangular mirror at top? Use the mirror texture!
  ; So if used, also enable texture.enable (set to 1)
  simple
  {
    ; Draw simple mirror on top of screen? If 1, also set mirrors.texture.enable to 1.
    enable=0
    ; Position (if undefined, it is centered horizontally and placed near the top vertically)
    ; Size of simple mirror (onscreen)
    wid=350
    hgt=120
  }
  ; Mirror texture
  texture
  {
    ; If you don't enable the simple mirror, you may also turn this setting off to save memory & render time
    enable=1
    ; Use an FBO to render into? (faster if you have the graphics power)
    fbo=1
    ; Anti-aliasing of mirror (normally 0, but 2/4/8/16 may look better)
    fbo_samples=0
    ; Texture size; the larger, the sharper, but also more costly
    wid=256
    hgt=64
    ; FOV in mirror view
    fov=40
    ; Update rate (1=update every frame, 2=update every 2nd frame, 3=every 3rd etc)
    update_rate=2
    ; Visibility in mirror (distance in meters)
    visibility=100
    ; Haziness in the mirror (default: 1.0)
    extinction_factor=5
    ; LOD factor (default: 1.0); keep it low to get fast rendering
    lod_factor=0
    ; Offset
    offset=0 0 0
    ; Angle offset (yaw, in degrees)
    angle=0
    ; Texture coordinates; normally 0 and 1. Use 0.5..1 for the left part (the mirror is reversed!)
    tc_x_start=0
    tc_x_end=1
  }
}

It most likely also needs renderer.motion_bluer.method=4, and renderer.motion_blur.samples=2 (or more).

AMGfan's 135Ci with some 089 shaders... hit some issues with glass passing shadows and blendfunctions, but hey... just revaming the sounds now as best I can but really wanted to try a nice interior with CSM shadows and see how good it looks. It looks good :D

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/MrWh1ppy/?action=view&current=IMG_0177.mp4

Raphael has high poly interior, i will add it soon, and baked textures on the body.

the light looks very nice, but the sounds are too low, i cant hear it fine.

btw, Do you have msn whippy? it'd be nice to talk with you.

It doesn't need to be too much higher polygon really.

Personally I'd tie lots of the textures into one... right now having multiple textures that do much the same thing, and are essentially solid colours etc, makes the shader more complex than it needs to be.

Also, those HUGE TGA's with solid colour for the body right now must be hurting performance. I don't think the solid car body paint needs baked textures really... especially not with CSM... It'd be nice to have of course but it doesn't have to be very high resolution at all. I would think a 1024x1024 map would be ample for any ambient occlusion information for the entire car body!

I'll PM you my MSN addy.

Cheers

Dave

I'm already using a version of those base shaders... what I am missing then is the alpha_to_coverage part in the shader itself... thanks for that :D

This is where proper docs on usage of shaders on Racer.nl would be nice. There is so much stuff on there now scattered all over I have no idea what is needed or what isn't any more :D

As a side note, can the shadow intensity be impacted by non-opaque objects? Ie, light doesn't seem to pass through the car and leave gaps where the glass is on the car shadow on the floor... it seems that anything polygon based blocks light and casts a shadow... can we flat certain materials to not cast shadow? Or better still, cast partial shadow (ie, 50%)?

Hmmm

Dave

you van disable shadow casting by disabling depthwrite (depthwrite=0 in shader file).
shadow mapping tests pixels vs projected light source depth map pixels, so it does not take in account transparency.

too bad :)

If someone could explain how to get CSM shader working on a cg car :p
I get a lot of errors etc...

Btw, why not add the engine temperature in game, it would be nice to blow the engine ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back