Porsche 911 GT America - IER Simulations - USCC Mod

Cars Porsche 911 GT America - IER Simulations - USCC Mod 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
mclarenf1papa submitted a new resource:

Porsche 911 GT America - IER Simulations - The final installment of IER's USSC mod is finally brought to Assetto Corsa.

o4OD7qU.png

IER Simulations is proud to finally present the official conclusion to the USCC mod, the Porsche 911 GT America.

Development Team:
mclarenf1papa - physics, project manager
Patrik Marek - 3D modeling, textures, liveries
Le Sun Tzu - liveries
Fonsecker - sounds, reference material
Gary Patterson - driver animations

About the car:
The 911 GT America was built exclusively for the United Sports Car Championship (USCC) and...​

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for a fine mod. One of my first impressions is that the brakes lock super easily, I can drive most cars with no ABS just fine but with this it's really difficult to get decent braking power without locking the wheels. Was the real car like that?

Love it.

On the sounds, the exterior idle sample selection can be improved as it's an out of tune, pitch-warping loop. The interior/exterior are so loud with all the audio gain so high against the game's global Limiter that you cannot clearly hear the additional effects of the game such as kerbs and track-run-off actions, and causes multi-car racing to sound muddy. I really like all the transmission sounds and engine sound selection.

Edit: I just heard a bit of news about the sound situation. I can assist if needed.

Last edited:
Love it.

On the sounds, the exterior idle sample selection can be improved as it's an out of tune, pitch-warping loop. The interior/exterior are so loud with all the audio gain so high against the game's global Limiter that you cannot clearly hear the additional effects of the game such as kerbs and track-run-off actions, and causes multi-car racing to sound muddy. I really like all the transmission sounds and engine sound selection.

Edit: I just heard a bit of news about the sound situation. I can assist if needed.
We were allowed to use Alfons’s sounds on the stipulation that we wouldn’t change them at all from his public version. His sounds were made for the Kunos 911 Cup (which idles at 900 rpm for some reason IIRC), which is the reason for the idle behavior - it annoys me as well. As you mentioned, there are other issues, so assistance would certainly be appreciated, but it’d mean a new sound set. At this point, I’d rather put precedent on the P13’s sounds since we currently have no one reliable to do them (Alfons now unavailable, one has external commitments that became too much to finish his work, and the newest is quite unresponsive), while the 911 at least has something at the moment.

We were allowed to use Alfons’s sounds on the stipulation that we wouldn’t change them at all from his public version. His sounds were made for the Kunos 911 Cup (which idles at 900 rpm for some reason IIRC), which is the reason for the idle behavior - it annoys me as well. As you mentioned, there are other issues, so assistance would certainly be appreciated, but it’d mean a new sound set. At this point, I’d rather put precedent on the P13’s sounds since we currently have no one reliable to do them (Alfons now unavailable, one has external commitments that became too much to finish his work, and the newest is quite unresponsive), while the 911 at least has something at the moment.
Yes I just did 5 laps was so excited just got these sprint pedals hard mounted nicely for the 1st time,
tbh feel quite a bit let down specially with the audio, its way too loud just drowns out all other effects specially skids and track sounds, hope it gets sorted out mod looks fantastic,
I did bin it and noticed no broken cracked glass on the windscreen will these effects be added ?
looking forwards to testing updates.

Yes I just did 5 laps was so excited just got these sprint pedals hard mounted nicely for the 1st time,
tbh feel quite a bit let down specially with the audio, its way too loud just drowns out all other effects specially skids and track sounds, hope it gets sorted out mod looks fantastic,
I did bin it and noticed no broken cracked glass on the windscreen will these effects be added ?
looking forwards to testing updates.
There are crashes where these cars have no front wheels but the windshield is still fine, so probably not.

There are crashes where these cars have no front wheels but the windshield is still fine, so probably not.
Yeah I am doing 1 now and I swear the entire windows are all perspex even the front and rear, some angles it seems so, just dont look glass like at all so you never know. :)

The windows are stock (glass) parts, they just don’t break in 99% of crashes unless you physically hit them.
Yeah I highly doubt the sides are glass man, 99% of them all perspex specially GT3/GT4 and such for safety. :)
side rear here is cut to death, not sure thats glass at least lol.
preview-jpg.315617

well, I personally hate cracked glass in AC, haven't seen it done well , which is main reason why I didn't bother to do it here, I doubt I will
if someone can show me a broken glass that looks great in AC, I might reconsider

if you are crashing, you are doing something wrong :D

I'll be happy to tweak / fix things, when it will make sense. Already found one bug that should be fixed

well, I personally hate cracked glass in AC, haven't seen it done well , which is main reason why I didn't bother to do it here, I doubt I will
if someone can show me a broken glass that looks great in AC, I might reconsider

if you are crashing, you are doing something wrong :D

I'll be happy to tweak / fix things, when it will make sense. Already found one bug that should be fixed
Also its only present in the LOD_A or maybe even the cockpit_hr, vanishes so fast looks stupid,
we added it to our GT pack just to keep it inline with official content, but yeah its far from the best maybe Ilja can take a look at it, but with the textures you can make it as much detailed as you wish. :)

I agree with Leonardo Ratafia, regarding "...perfect sound and details (other than the "all red wheel hubs")........"
I made a small modification so we can have red locking nuts on the LH side, and blue on the RH side ;) I you're interested.....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1fgnejo3qyr3cpb/ier_porsche_911_gta.rar?dl=0
There's a big red disclaimer on the download page:
"Do not convert or modify our work in any way without our written consent."

I assure you we're capable of changing the color of the wheel nuts.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%