Porsche 911 GT America - IER Simulations - USCC Mod

Cars Porsche 911 GT America - IER Simulations - USCC Mod 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
OT, because this is a ac + csp rant; no problem with the IER GTA:

The problem with Real Mirrors is that works terribly on some cars without a center mirror, like the huracan gt3. It then forces a narrow virtual mirror using left mirror view that is worse for MP/ai racing, and any change to it must be done in left mirror, because there's no "C" option to select it. There's also no option to only remove 3D car interior reflection on the virtual mirror, toggling the "M/m" on the mirror app can cause then weird stuff to the central mirror, like that lcd effect on the GTA. images

I see what you mean now , well one issue with your approach, you seem to have unrealisticly wide FOV,
in my setup, I have much more tighter FOV, which means that the mirror reflection is more in-line with that , the car in the mirror should be quite big, not quite as small as what is in the original

I could scale it a bit , but I tried to make it realistic size for my setup , haven't double-checked in VR, which I probably should have - as that should be easier to judge it

OT: On my first post the complaint was about the way vanilla AC handled center mirror narrow FOV (causing less resolution, because it's a crop from the total computed mirror area), not your particular setting for it, which is realistic (tight fov, closer cars). The kunos approach on the 911 cup is using near the whole area, similar to the virtual mirror, but even then, it varies greatly among their cars.

Ah, yes, ATM I'm not on my main PC; it's just an old and narrow 22" 16:10 monitor. Using a tight fov on it is claustrophobic for race awareness. AC default fov is 56, those screenshots were on 54 (corresponds to a bit less on 16:9 for horizontal fov). Something like 48-44 is more in line with what I use on a ~24" 16:9 monitor. Again, the tight mirror fov was never a complaint per se (realism purposes), regardless of my main fov -- the virtual mirror has a wider one to complement it anyway.

edits: phrasing

Last edited:
true! but it does affect the render "size" of course, becasue the more I push into it, the more blown out the pixels are going to be,

I took a look at some onboard videos of a real car ( which could be very misleading of course) , and I think that making the image a bit smaller won't really hurt , but yeah, if people have not enough resolution they can try to incrase it , or use vitrulal mirror

thanks for the feedback !

I went to setup and tried changing spring rates and I noticed the ride height is not changing? I'd guess you have some setup magic going on there? Also the springrate setup min/max values are not in sync. You can get different values if you go to min or max and then back.

Great job as usual with the mod. The car does react quite aggressively to flat kerbs but other than that it is very fun and rewarding to drive.

I went to setup and tried changing spring rates and I noticed the ride height is not changing? I'd guess you have some setup magic going on there? Also the springrate setup min/max values are not in sync. You can get different values if you go to min or max and then back.

Great job as usual with the mod. The car does react quite aggressively to flat kerbs but other than that it is very fun and rewarding to drive.
The car uses helper springs so the main spring deflection isn’t that high (therefore when you change the rate, it doesn’t do much to ride height). And plenty of cars, Kunos included, have “out of sync” values. It’s a limitation of how AC does setups unless you fictionalize the range.

Curbs will be slightly better for the next update.

We were allowed to use Alfons’s sounds on the stipulation that we wouldn’t change them at all from his public version. His sounds were made for the Kunos 911 Cup (which idles at 900 rpm for some reason IIRC), which is the reason for the idle behavior - it annoys me as well. As you mentioned, there are other issues, so assistance would certainly be appreciated, but it’d mean a new sound set. At this point, I’d rather put precedent on the P13’s sounds since we currently have no one reliable to do them (Alfons now unavailable, one has external commitments that became too much to finish his work, and the newest is quite unresponsive), while the 911 at least has something at the moment.
Ah, I see.

Sorry. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to create something predominantly new as I don't have the bandwidth, but I was offering to help improve what's already there: balancing, effects, driveby and add some improved samples. I assumed the sound artist was new and could do with experienced hands.

If Alfons changes his mind, please leave it with me to take a look into this. He doesn't even need to provide the FMOD project, I can re-compile his existing sound samples and build the project up from scratch.

The car uses helper springs so the main spring deflection isn’t that high (therefore when you change the rate, it doesn’t do much to ride height). And plenty of cars, Kunos included, have “out of sync” values. It’s a limitation of how AC does setups unless you fictionalize the range.

Curbs will be slightly better for the next update.
I just went to check again and it seems the car ride height value doesn't change at all when you change the wheelrates but visually you can see the car go up and down. I'd guess this is because of the helper spring setup. So changing the bumpstop rate doesn't affect ride height number in the setup view in ac like wheelrate does even if the ride height does change. How and where do you check your ride heights after you change the springs? Probably some app I'd guess? Also don't these cars have adjustable helper springs though? As in more than one set?

I don't understand your comment about fictionalizing the range. Maybe I don't remember something but iirc the setup ini has 4 values. Min, max and step and the default value from the physics files. If (max-min)/step = is not a whole number (say it is 7.1 instead of 7.0) your setup steps will move around. If your steps don't line up with the default car value your steps will move around. For example if you have min 0 and max 60 and step of 25 you can get these values out of it: 0, 25, 50, 60 and 35, 10. If the default value from sus is 30 then your setup options have all these values: 0,5,10,25,30,35,50,55,60. What was originally range from 0 to 60 with steps of 25 is now 0 to 60 with steps of 5.

Of course this can be done on purpose if you want to get those irregular steps but what for? In this car the front springs have increments of 8 in the setup but you can adjust them at increments of 2 because the ends don't match with each other and not with the default sus value. Maybe you have done it purpose to get the min and max values correct (92 instead of 94 and 216 instead of 214) but I don't see the point in doing that because it makes no difference if the bottom or top value is incorrect by 2 because no one uses them anyways and by having that you get a weirdly adjustable setup range. Maybe I'm missing something but everytime I see a car that has that issue I view it as an error in the setup.ini.

I don't want to complain too much because this is totally meaningless issue in the end. I love how the car drives and especially love how the dampers work. The car has that perfect springy feel and the physics have so much depth. I drove about 30 laps yesterday and kept learning and finding little more every lap. The skins look gorgeous and graphically the car is super pretty as well.

Last edited:
I’m loving this car. Its physics is so so so much better that the Kunos Porsche cup car. I’m locking up on braking though a lot (and i’ve driven it a couple of hours now). Finding that very tricky - would a fix be a possibility?

I just went to check again and it seems the car ride height value doesn't change at all when you change the wheelrates but visually you can see the car go up and down. I'd guess this is because of the helper spring setup. So changing the bumpstop rate doesn't affect ride height number in the setup view in ac like wheelrate does even if the ride height does change. How and where do you check your ride heights after you change the springs? Probably some app I'd guess? Also don't these cars have adjustable helper springs though? As in more than one set?
The helper springs IRL are designed to compress fully (they are flat-wound) IRL under static loading and are there solely to keep the main spring seated on the damper - thus, you don't see much variance in their rate. And yes, you're right - the ride height number in the setup isn't calculated correctly. Check the wings app for the ride heights of the front splitter and rear diffuser (unfortunately the ride height check fails here).

I’m loving this car. Its physics is so so so much better that the Kunos Porsche cup car. I’m locking up on braking though a lot (and i’ve driven it a couple of hours now). Finding that very tricky - would a fix be a possibility?
Nothing to really fix with the car (max torque under braking lines up with real life) - if you have a load cell, try making it less sensitive.

I got this GT America setup from a guy who says he raced a 911 in the Trans-Am.
The default setup is based on the Cup car's manual and some other known setup values for a certain GT America example. The cambers in the attached setup are far lower than what's run IRL by competitive teams. The Cup manual recommends -4.5 front and -4 rear.

The default setup is based on the Cup car's manual and some other known setup values for a certain GT America example. The cambers in the attached setup are far lower than what's run IRL by competitive teams. The Cup manual recommends -4.5 front and -4 rear.

Might work if the tires were as shoulderless as Bill Milliken's infamous cambering experiment:

Bill Milliken's proof-of-concept.jpg

I have hundreds of mods tested in rfactor 2, Automobilista and AC, and it is the worst crap I've ever tried.
The brakes are just a bad joke, you can't even handle the brake pressure like the others cars. The physics in general sucks, the "car" looks like an ice sled.

I have hundreds of mods tested in rfactor 2, Automobilista and AC, and it is the worst crap I've ever tried.
The brakes are just a bad joke, you can't even handle the brake pressure like the others cars. The physics in general sucks, the "car" looks like an ice sled.
I think this is one of the best cars there is so I'm surprised at your point of view (although I do find the brakes problematic).
Which cars in AC do you like the physics of?

Well, it is unfortunate, but I will remind you that if you don't own a load cell or better brake setup: perhaps you can decrease the braking pressure in the setup? It's there for a reason and there's no shame in using it.

I do find it funny how you say the physics in general sucks. :roflmao:

Well, it is unfortunate, but I will remind you that if you don't own a load cell or better brake setup: perhaps you can decrease the braking pressure in the setup? It's there for a reason and there's no shame in using it.

I do find it funny how you say the physics in general sucks. :roflmao:
Just save and buy a set of these Sprint pedals there second to non.

Ah, sorry, there isn't a pressure adjust in the setup. I would recommend to add a small one if for some reason users with very un-ideal braking setups require it.

I found in SRS series, in race adjustment of brake bias, allowed for a much smoother braking experience with lock up an exception rather than a rule. (PT-1 pedals or placebo effect). Some of the best close racing btw at Laguna with this mod, right up there with the cobra. Well done modder guyz.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back