Porsche 911 GT America - IER Simulations - USCC Mod

Cars Porsche 911 GT America - IER Simulations - USCC Mod 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Sorry, just realized I should write in the support section. There is a small graphical glitch. In the virtual mirror, on the car behind the door disappears (co-driver's side). But only when close, like when about 2 car lengths away. Otherwise it's fine.

Sorry, just realized I should write in the support section. There is a small graphical glitch. In the virtual mirror, on the car behind the door disappears (co-driver's side). But only when close, like when about 2 car lengths away. Otherwise it's fine.
I think it's the same issue that shows up when car is behind smoke, the co-pilot door are semi-transparent

Everything is great with this car, the feeling is phenomenal to be honest, sounds are a bit loud though, i always drive with crewchief on and in other cars with the same audio settings i can hear the chief nicely but in this the sounds are louder, like louder than the chief but that's not really a huge issue, what is though is the brakes, what is up with them? With the slightest touch(im exaggerating) the car locks up badly to the point of being afraid to brake! I admit i don't have the best pedals, i have the t3pa with the conical mod and every other car with no abs i'm fine with and don't lock up quite as bad as this one but theres also a way for me to adjust brake power for them and i almost always adjust the power.

So why the **** is there no brake power adjustment for this? Upgrading to loadcell pedals, as much as i would want to, is not an option right now. It's literally undriveable for me right now, and it's a shame because i love everything else about the car.

Everything is great with this car, the feeling is phenomenal to be honest, sounds are a bit loud though, i always drive with crewchief on and in other cars with the same audio settings i can hear the chief nicely but in this the sounds are louder, like louder than the chief but that's not really a huge issue, what is though is the brakes, what is up with them? With the slightest touch(im exaggerating) the car locks up badly to the point of being afraid to brake! I admit i don't have the best pedals, i have the t3pa with the conical mod and every other car with no abs i'm fine with and don't lock up quite as bad as this one but theres also a way for me to adjust brake power for them and i almost always adjust the power.

So why the **** is there no brake power adjustment for this? Upgrading to loadcell pedals, as much as i would want to, is not an option right now. It's literally undriveable for me right now, and it's a shame because i love everything else about the car.
A general tip from me is to add some gamma. I use 2.5 on shitty G27 pedals and get pretty adequate braking sensitivity. If you've ever used a stock G27 brake, you know how easily you'll bottom it if you jump on it, so that says a bit. I think a bit less gamma with a good brake setup could get it feeling more natural.

A general tip from me is to add some gamma. I use 2.5 on shitty G27 pedals and get pretty adequate braking sensitivity. If you've ever used a stock G27 brake, you know how easily you'll bottom it if you jump on it, so that says a bit. I think a bit less gamma with a good brake setup could get it feeling more natural.

Oh man i actually completely forgot about the brake gamma setting, i think i have it set to 1.0 or whatever the default is, i will definitely play with it a bit to see if its better, thanks for reminding me.

I can add a brake power adjustment to the next update. The actual brake torque of the car was calculated based on telemetry and brake components though, so it's not particularly inaccurate.

That would be great, actually, i don't think i would be the only one to be glad to have it available. I was not saying its innacurate though, just that its way too sensitive for a pleb with no load cell pedals like me lol, i'm sure it feels more natural with load cells.

With 1.0 gamma, G27 pedals are linear, but feel extremely unlinear to me. What feels like 10% is like 30% or more. 2.5 corresponded closer to what my mental image of the % was, and what it really is.

With 1.0 gamma, G27 pedals are linear, but feel extremely unlinear to me. What feels like 10% is like 30% or more. 2.5 corresponded closer to what my mental image of the % was, and what it really is.

I don't see what you mean by the pedals feeling extremely unlinear at 1.0 gamma and at 10% it feels like 30%, that seems really odd but anyway; i just tried at 2.5 gamma on VIR like yesterday and it feels really better, i'm not locking anymore, or at the very least way less. It's still a HANDFUL to drive on the limit, but that could be my awful setup too and it almost certainly is lol.

At 2.5 i'm hitting the conical brake mod when it starts braking in game so not only is it harder to press to slow down but it feels miles better, i'll have to get used to it because i've been driving with 1.0 since forever after seeing advice on forums to not touch the gamma at all. Im guessing 1.0 is aimed at load cells? Thanks for the tip!

I don't see what you mean by the pedals feeling extremely unlinear at 1.0 gamma and at 10% it feels like 30%, that seems really odd but anyway; i just tried at 2.5 gamma on VIR like yesterday and it feels really better, i'm not locking anymore, or at the very least way less. It's still a HANDFUL to drive on the limit, but that could be my awful setup too and it almost certainly is lol.

At 2.5 i'm hitting the conical brake mod when it starts braking in game so not only is it harder to press to slow down but it feels miles better, i'll have to get used to it because i've been driving with 1.0 since forever after seeing advice on forums to not touch the gamma at all. Im guessing 1.0 is aimed at load cells? Thanks for the tip!
1.0 is actually linear, but it won't feel anything like IRL unless you do indeed have a pressure based setup because IRL brake operation is closer to a load cell: the *harder* you press, the more you get. Distance doesn't matter per-se.
To me, 2.5 FEELS linear, because my image of "I am applying 50% brake" ends up around 50%, not something like 80% ingame, where it will be usually with 1.0

I think with a really good loadcell setup you could go closer and closer to 1.0, perhaps fully linear and only rely on the load sensing part.

alright, I hope it will make some people happy. you can now have different colors for the wheel nuts.
Will also have to update ( create?) a template for the rims at some point
enjoy
(just please don't ask to have EACH nut separately)
20190903214419_1.jpg

- when run with no tyre wear (0x) setting, proTyres and Kunos tyre app show the car to have the tyres basically with max wear, all red; is it a bug? with all other cars, they have max or close to max tyre life, while here it is inverted;

- CM reports an issue with the car paint, should I ignore it?

- how do I customise the driver gloves, helmet, suit, etc?

- when run with no tyre wear (0x) setting, proTyres and Kunos tyre app show the car to have the tyres basically with max wear, all red; is it a bug? with all other cars, they have max or close to max tyre life, while here it is inverted;

- CM reports an issue with the car paint, should I ignore it?

- how do I customise the driver gloves, helmet, suit, etc?
1. Numerous cars do that. It’s not about tire wear, it’s about tire grip. The tires have to be broken in.
2. Yes.
3. Same as any KS car using the same driver model.

1. Numerous cars do that. It’s not about tire wear, it’s about tire grip. The tires have to be broken in.
2. Yes.
3. Same as any KS car using the same driver model.

1. Honestly it’s the first time this happens to me. KS car do not do that, and I don’t usually drive car mods so I haven’t got that much experience with third party vehicles. The ones I used so far done by Jason and David do not do that either.
So, do I have to have tyre wear on with this car, or can I have no tyre wear and just ignore the app telling me that they are ‘red’?
3. Could you tell me the name of the driver model please? CM says it’s “new_driver” but if I use that name in the driver.ini nothing changes.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back