Poor edges quality

Hello guys,
Bp
Since I have the game I have been experiencing poor edge quality. It is more noticeable in the cockpit lines and the white lines in the track. It is almost as annoying that i have to quit the game .

I have set antialiasing in game to max (16x) and set the option in my catalyst to defined by application. Also have all video settings to max in game.

Does anyone knows if I have forgotten something? Really appreciate your help

Thanks

Nvidia or AMD, set the in-game AA to off, you want to set it from your graphics card control panel (download Nvidia Inspector for Nvidia GPUs).

In NVidia Inspector use AA 4xS, 8xS, 12xS, 16xS, or 32xS. (32xS is probably too much, especially on triple screens, probably same with 16xS, but it doesn't hurt to try) The LOD bias clamp thing hasent worked for a couple years now as Nvidia has disabled it (unless, I think, you have a real old card like a GTX 280 and/or real old drivers) that's where these "xS" settings come into play as they have their own different LOD bias than other AA settings. I'm not sure if it matters, but I leave "Texture Filtering - Driver Controlled LOD Bias" to ON, and "Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias" to ALLOW, just in case. You will get tons of jaggies and shimmering no matter what settings you use in rFactor 1 based sims (and pre-rF1, eg. GT Legends) unless you use the "xS" AA settings in Nvidia Inspector, or possibly the method below.

The combination of Multisampling AA + Sparse Grid Supersampling (make sure they are both set to identical amounts, eg. 2x MS + 2x SGSS, or 4x MS + 4x SGSS, or it won't work properly, they need to be the same amounts) is another option but it doesn't have the different LOD bias that the "xS" settings have, but you may still get good results, especially with 4x MS + 4X SGSS.

For AMD you just use the standard "Supersampling" option in CCC (Catalyst Control Centre, your AMD graphics card control panel) and then go with either 2x or 4x. 2x will still have some jaggies but overall very good because AMDs supersampling will apply to the entire image, no "ifs", "ands", or "buts". 4x will look beautiful, you won't need anymore than 4x SS. 8X will look just a teeny, tiny bit better than 4x but it is much more demanding than 4x and not worth it; 4x is very close to the IQ of 8x. Just use standard 2x, 4x, or 8x, don't bother with the "EQ" settings (eg. 2xEQ) and don't bother with edge-detect for the "Filter" option.

P.S. Make sure you have the AA in AMD CCC or Nvidia Inspector set to Override application settings or none of these settings will be actually used and you'll be left with no AA (since the GSC config.exe should be set to no AA).

Last edited:
Can someone help me out with this Jaggies, im on crossfire with xfx 7850s with everything max out and very poor edges see pic below also can you check if i have edited my config correct please :)

//[[gMa1.002f (c)2007 ]] [[ ]]
[COMPONENTS]
GamesDir=RFM\
SoundDir=GAMEDATA\SOUNDS\
VehicleSound=GAMEDATA\SOUNDS\
OptionsAnim=UIDATA\MOVIES\
OptionsFlags=GAMEDATA\NATIONS\
OptionsSounds=UIDATA\UISOUNDS\
OSCFile=UI.OSC
OptionsDir=UIDATA\
ReplayDir=REPLAYFRIDGE\REPLAYS\
ReplayPluginsDir=REPLAYFRIDGE\PLUGINS\
PluginsDir=PLUGINS\
MovieDir=MOVIEFILES\
TracksDir=GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\
PitsDir=GAMEDATA\SCRIPTS\
VehiclesDir=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\
DriversDir=GAMEDATA\TALENT\
HelmetsDir=GAMEDATA\HELMETS\
CommentaryDir=GAMEDATA\COMMENTARY\
CommentaryFile=COMMENTARYENGLISH-USA.INI
LogDir=USERDATA\LOG\
SaveDir=USERDATA\
MusicDir=MUSIC\
CameraEditorResourceDir=DEVFILES\CAMED\
ShadersDir=GAMEDATA\SHARED\
ControllerDir=USERDATA\CONTROLLER\
ScreenShotsDir=USERDATA\SCREENSHOTS\
SupportDir=SUPPORT\
LanguagesDir=SUPPORT\LANGUAGES\
LanguagesFile=GAME.DIC
MasterPlayerFile=
CPURating=5
SystemRAM=8192
VideoRAM=4096
ObjDetail=5
TexDetail=5
VideoGUID=D7B71EE2-2B59-11CF-3270-6E12BEC2C535
VideoDriver=0
VideoMode=12
VideoRefresh=4
WindowedMode=0
RunBenchmarks=0
FSAA=39
VSync=0
Player detail 5
Track detail 5
ShaderLevel=5
SubViews=0
WidescreenUI=1
CustomVidRes=(0, 0)
MinimumVidRes=(1920, 1080)
MaximumVidRes=(8000, 6000)
152710.jpg

Thanks for the info which ive only just read before i posted my problem, this worked a treat :):):):):thumbsup:

Nvidia or AMD, set the in-game AA to off, you want to set it from your graphics card control panel (download Nvidia Inspector for Nvidia GPUs).

In NVidia Inspector use AA 4xS, 8xS, 12xS, 16xS, or 32xS. (32xS is probably too much, especially on triple screens, probably same with 16xS, but it doesn't hurt to try) The LOD bias clamp thing hasent worked for a couple years now as Nvidia has disabled it (unless, I think, you have a real old card like a GTX 280 and/or real old drivers) that's where these "xS" settings come into play as they have their own different LOD bias than other AA settings. I'm not sure if it matters, but I leave "Texture Filtering - Driver Controlled LOD Bias" to ON, and "Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias" to ALLOW, just in case. You will get tons of jaggies and shimmering no matter what settings you use in rFactor 1 based sims (and pre-rF1, eg. GT Legends) unless you use the "xS" AA settings in Nvidia Inspector, or possibly the method below.

The combination of Multisampling AA + Sparse Grid Supersampling (make sure they are both set to identical amounts, eg. 2x MS + 2x SGSS, or 4x MS + 4x SGSS, or it won't work properly, they need to be the same amounts) is another option but it doesn't have the different LOD bias that the "xS" settings have, but you may still get good results, especially with 4x MS + 4X SGSS.

For AMD you just use the standard "Supersampling" option in CCC (Catalyst Control Centre, your AMD graphics card control panel) and then go with either 2x or 4x. 2x will still have some jaggies but overall very good because AMDs supersampling will apply to the entire image, no "ifs", "ands", or "buts". 4x will look beautiful, you won't need anymore than 4x SS. 8X will look just a teeny, tiny bit better than 4x but it is much more demanding than 4x and not worth it; 4x is very close to the IQ of 8x. Just use standard 2x, 4x, or 8x, don't bother with the "EQ" settings (eg. 2xEQ) and don't bother with edge-detect for the "Filter" option.

P.S. Make sure you have the AA in AMD CCC or Nvidia Inspector set to Override application settings or none of these settings will be actually used and you'll be left with no AA (since the GSC config.exe should be set to no AA).

I've been running GSCE with this modified d3d driver posted over at the Nvidia forum - on page 3 /post 36 of the Clamp negative LOD bias thread:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/529407/?comment=4153213

Gets rid of the jaggies quite nicely. Trade off is you lose track map display.

Genius, mate thanks a bunch for the info, works a treat on Win8.1 frames increased, sharp and smooth.

tip for vsync users:

with SLI , you need to turn ''smooth afr behaviour'' on for better performance(more stable)

This helped a lot with input lag, so much so I almost cant tell if there is a difference between V-sync or not any more....stellar info.

Last edited:
I'm interested in trying that d3d9.dll posted earlier, but need to verify how.

Do I simply copy it over to my GSCE root directory and override the original (making sure to backup the original, of course)?

Or is it more complicated than this?

Thanks,

Henk

For those willing to try my settings, I'm getting around 150~250+ fps without jaggies using the following setup (nVidia GTX660) on a 1920x1080 monitor and the clamp lod bias dll referenced above. Looks perfect.

Config.ini:
included the lines referenced in this thread (PlayerDetail=5, TrackDetail=5, etc)

GSC Config:
Shader Level - DX9
Antialiasing: none
Vsync off

nVidia Inspector:
see picture
2bqm4w.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.