Poor edges quality

Hello guys,
Bp
Since I have the game I have been experiencing poor edge quality. It is more noticeable in the cockpit lines and the white lines in the track. It is almost as annoying that i have to quit the game .

I have set antialiasing in game to max (16x) and set the option in my catalyst to defined by application. Also have all video settings to max in game.

Does anyone knows if I have forgotten something? Really appreciate your help

Thanks

I have tried every tip, trick and hack I can find in these forums to make GSCE look better than 90% good. Hours trying every setting variation in Nvidia Inspector. No matter what I would get the distracting jaggies somewhere. Then I decided to give FXAA Tools a try on GSCE, and WHAM! Couple minutes of tweaking in Tools, lowest setting in Inspector, SLI enabled, and its movie like now. Between 60-90fps, the greatest shadows I've ever seen, and better reflections. Seems to helped the FFB somehow also as it has finer details felt through the wheel. Its like a different game, to me at least.

lol. glad you got it working to your satisfaction but it didn't change the ffb of your wheel. it mayve added feedback in the immersion/improved gfx though.

just think the placebo effect is pretty funny...on the rf2 board there are about 10 people swearing the latest build made a massive difference to the tire model...AFTER the isi rep said no changes had been made unless they were done under the nose of their senior programmer. funny stuff.

In FXAA Tools -
First Tab checked (AntiAliasing); Performance - 5, AA Blur - 8, Performance 1&2 - 8
Second Tab checked (PreSharpen) All set to 8
Last Tab checked (PostSharpen) 9

All the other tabs have to do with color/tone, and those made everything way blown out, and they are not activated.

Hope it works for you, did for me.

I wanted to test out the FXAA tool but could not seem to get it to work. this is my settings for Nvidia Inspector running triples screens off a GTX590 cant see any jaggies with these settings.

nvidiaInspectorGTX590Triplescreen_zps8be8f03f.jpg

Well after doing this for the last 15yrs, I think I can discern subtle differences in FFB, not just a feel good through a more immersive experience. But do keep searching for humor on the rf2 boards, that in itself is funny.

Your right, maybe input lag from pre-rendering or vsync fps variance, sometimes you don't realise your lagging until you sort your settings, then response and FFB (no lag) come to life.

I have tried every tip, trick and hack I can find in these forums to make GSCE look better than 90% good. Hours trying every setting variation in Nvidia Inspector. No matter what I would get the distracting jaggies somewhere. Then I decided to give FXAA Tools a try on GSCE, and WHAM! Couple minutes of tweaking in Tools, lowest setting in Inspector, SLI enabled, and its movie like now. Between 60-90fps, the greatest shadows I've ever seen, and better reflections. Seems to helped the FFB somehow also as it has finer details felt through the wheel. Its like a different game, to me at least.
where can i find the latest fxaa tool?

Well after doing this for the last 15yrs, I think I can discern subtle differences in FFB, not just a feel good through a more immersive experience. But do keep searching for humor on the rf2 boards, that in itself is funny.

I agree it is definitely possible. It seems to me that it is perfectly feasible that it could make a difference to the FFB, just as the sound can also be affected by other problems.
If other areas of a game (memory/graphics/framerates) are tweaked in a way that makes the game run more smoothly, then it follows that the FFB may start responding with greater consistency and more accurate timing.
When all is said and done, every function of a program is being read and re-read & translated into actions, and if the timing is working well, then it is certainly able to have a knock on effect.

I cant seem to get The FXAA tool to work. When I try to select a game to customize, I get the error message "Cant add the selected game folder to the list! Reason: One or more DirectX files exist in the game directory.
Any ideas?

Check if there are already dx9**.dll in the directory, I got the same message since I had played with some other stuff (like SweetFX) which also use a "injection" method.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back