Poor edges quality

Hello guys,
Bp
Since I have the game I have been experiencing poor edge quality. It is more noticeable in the cockpit lines and the white lines in the track. It is almost as annoying that i have to quit the game .

I have set antialiasing in game to max (16x) and set the option in my catalyst to defined by application. Also have all video settings to max in game.

Does anyone knows if I have forgotten something? Really appreciate your help

Thanks

In your config.ini have you set a few lines to you computers spec?
CPU rating 5
CPU ram xxx
VRAM xxx
Player detail 3
Track detail 3
Shader 3

Mine was set to 0 for most and looked pretty rough but once adjusted to proper specs it looks great.
I have gtx 670 2gb running triples and it doesn't even break a sweat. Few things I've noticed during my time with the game any time you change any thing in the config it will reset your config.ini to minimal specs.
With nvidia cards any AA higher than x4 is either broken or makes the quality worse.
I was also having really bad stuttering and frame drops for a while and couldn't figure out why cause the card was hardly even using a 1/4 of it's power.....ended up being the high res mirrors I dl from here, seems I can only use the lowest high res mirror with out any issues but solved the my stuttering :)
Close images look smooth and crisp but I still notice distant white track lines a tad jaggy but not a game breaker by any means and compared to most the other sims I really can't complain plus things are only gonna get better :)
Hopefully this helps or you get things sorted!

Cheers

CPU rating 5
CPU ram xxx
VRAM xxx
Player detail 3
Track detail 3
Shader 3

Mine was set to 0 for most and looked pretty rough but once adjusted to proper specs it looks great.
I have gtx 670 2gb running triples and it doesn't even break a sweat. Few things I've noticed during my time with the game any time you change any thing in the config it will reset your config.ini to minimal specs.
With nvidia cards any AA higher than x4 is either broken or makes the quality worse.
I was also having really bad stuttering and frame drops for a while and couldn't figure out why cause the card was hardly even using a 1/4 of it's power.....ended up being the high res mirrors I dl from here, seems I can only use the lowest high res mirror with out any issues but solved the my stuttering :)
Close images look smooth and crisp but I still notice distant white track lines a tad jaggy but not a game breaker by any means and compared to most the other sims I really can't complain plus things are only gonna get better :)
Hopefully this helps or you get things sorted!

Cheers
Thanks for your time David. Trying out immediately!

Make sure you got the LOD bias setting or something like that set to "clamp" in your GFX settings on the card itself. I know nvidia has a setting for this, I assume if using ATI there will be an equivalent thing there.

I find it helps with those shimmering type jaggies.

CPU rating 5
CPU ram xxx
VRAM xxx
Player detail 3
Track detail 3
Shader 3

Cheers

Wow! Was not aware of this and changed my ini file accordingly and what a staggering difference! Thanks for the tip!

Another reason RD Forums are awesome!

Edit to add:

These settings should be better documented! With these changes the difference in graphics is staggering. I've been running a crippled version of the game since I bought this game over a year ago with the default config.ini settings!!!!! Arrrrgggghhhh!!!

Maybe I'm the only one that was unaware of this and i'm a fool but for everyone else out there check your config.ini settings as David's post. It's like I just bought a new game!!!

If there is a dedicated link to all the settings, key commands, etc I would be grateful if someone could direct me to them.

I noticed the Control F key gives a FPS counter in the top right hand corner. Cycling through it there is a green usage bar in the top left hand corner. Is this for memory or CPU utliization?

Last edited:
Glad it helped mate!
Being the engine is rf1 I've just been using all the rfactor tips for better visuals, I believe someone else posted this a while back so I can't take any credit :)
But yes I think we should have a tips and tricks thread cause I've heard many say it doesn't look any better than rfactor but once it's set up properly it's night and day!
Where you entered 3 for player/track/ shader you might be able to increase that to 5 as you could in rf1 but from what I've seen in your player profile I believe 3 is the max over ride setting but worth a shot.
As for the fps and green bar I've yet to use that feature as I use nvidia app for gpu info iam sure someone will chip in and help you out.

Cheers

I don't know the exact details but the short of it is the gmotor engine doesn't read your CPU specs and defaults the game settings to the lowest fetail so that it will run on virtually every level of computer

Seems like an easy fix for a talented team like Reiza and why isn't that documented anywhere? Seems like Reiza should know about it.

So that asks the question, how did Paul's default settings get set to their highest while others don't if the gmotor engine doesn't read CPU specs and sets the game settings to the lowest detail?

I don't know the exact details but the short of it is the gmotor engine doesn't read your CPU specs and defaults the game settings to the lowest fetail so that it will run on virtually every level of computer

The config package was programmed with WIN XP in mind, it reads specs in Win Vista, 7 and 8 wrongly in most systems.

It defaults to the "recommended" settings so as to protect the "playability" of ISIMotor2 based sims (i.e., protect the performance, as most people have machines with "older" specs), but also to avoid incompatibility issues.

---

In order to "force" the maximum settings upon a config.ini, the developer must have purchased the full license, and not just the "exe" license. SIMBIN, for instance, has full access to the source code, so they can effect changes to it.

From Fernando's posts (I have read such posts on iRacing forums and VirtualR) about the differences between rFactor 1.255 and the version of ISIMotor2 Reiza have, I would expect Reiza too has access to it. I have heard from a tester otherwise, though.

Anyway, between the shaders and the changes users can effect to the config.ini file, GSC and rFactor (and any SIMBIN sim) can be improved by quite a margin.

The config package was programmed with WIN XP in mind, it reads specs in Win Vista, 7 and 8 wrongly in most systems.

It defaults to the "recommended" settings so as to protect the "playability" of ISIMotor2 based sims (i.e., protect the performance, as most people have machines with "older" specs), but also to avoid incompatibility issues.

---

In order to "force" the maximum settings upon a config.ini, the developer must have purchased the full license, and not just the "exe" license. SIMBIN, for instance, has full access to the source code, so they can effect changes to it.

From Fernando's posts (I have read such posts on iRacing forums and VirtualR) about the differences between rFactor 1.255 and the version of ISIMotor2 Reiza have, I would expect Reiza too has access to it. I have heard from a tester otherwise, though.

Anyway, between the shaders and the changes users can effect to the config.ini file, GSC and rFactor (and any SIMBIN sim) can be improved by quite a margin.

What are the maximum values for each of these fields in the ini?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 116 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%