Poor edges quality

Hello guys,
Bp
Since I have the game I have been experiencing poor edge quality. It is more noticeable in the cockpit lines and the white lines in the track. It is almost as annoying that i have to quit the game .

I have set antialiasing in game to max (16x) and set the option in my catalyst to defined by application. Also have all video settings to max in game.

Does anyone knows if I have forgotten something? Really appreciate your help

Thanks

Nope.....it should be there in your config.ini file down a few lines from you cpu ram and gpu ram lines.
I've actually increased mine to both 5 not sure if it's made much of a difference over 3 tho :)

I can't see those either.
Here is what i have;
CPURating=5
SystemRAM=0
VideoRAM=1746
ObjDetail=0
TexDetail=1
VideoGUID=D7B71EE2-2B50-11CF-D272-3910BEC2C535
VideoDriver=0
VideoMode=43
VideoRefresh=0
WindowedMode=0
RunBenchmarks=0
FSAA=39
VSync=0
ShaderLevel=3
SubViews=0
WidescreenUI=1
CustomVidRes=(0, 0)
MinimumVidRes=(800, 600)
MaximumVidRes=(8000, 6000)

I have Intel i5 3570K, 8gb ram, 2gb R9 270X. 1920x1080 monitor. What should i change?
I have set AMD CCC to use Override App Settings. Supersampling/4x AA.

I have changed the .ini but haven't had any luck getting the edges to look better. I have an HD7970 which is an AMD and am trying to use radeonpro but for the life of me the edges still look horrible even if I "force" 4x supersampling.

I didn't want to make a completely new thread.

Maybe you guys have any idea why tires of FExtreme and FV12 look like this:

I have this weird violet/green stripes on tires in few rF1 mods aswell, but I don't think Reiza would release something like that, so this must be the issue on my side. The tension of colors depending heavily on track's lightning. There are parts of tracks where tires look OK.

Now, all ingame settings maxed out, DX9, V-Sync off, AA level 1.

config.ini file:
CPURating=5
ObjDetail=3
TexDetail=3
VideoMode=22
FSAA=32
ShaderLevel=3

PC specs:
GeForce GTX 750 + updated drivers (default settings)
i5-4440 @ 3.10GHz
RAM 8GB
Windows 8.1 (x64)

NO SweetFX or any kind of such addons.

i suppose its not the case but from my experience i had that kind of distortion in some mods with wrong UV scaling or mapping in general. whas it always like that? is it anyhow related to addon skins or whatever?

Is player detail set to max?
If it is I believe it's due to add on skins, in the Rd formula vee series I had all detail set to max and with that mod my tires looked like they were wrapped in sleeping bags the dash was a lower resolution and have also had a sound bug with most mods where if Iam near other cars there engines and tire sounds over power my cars sounds.
Have yet to find a solution

was it always like that?
Well, it most certainly got more of my attention recently than in the beginning.

Is player detail set to max?
Yes, it's full on max.

To both gentlemen: yes, I am using skinpacks for V12 and Extreme, and you both are probably right - it is because of those skinpacks. I will wait for upcoming update of GSCE (the one with Kyalami), and do a fresh and clean install again. Hopefully, 'til then the solution will be found.

Thank you for reply, guys, appreciated :thumbsup:

hello everyone.. ive just bought a new gtx 970, has anyone seen improved fps using the 3d manage settings in nvidia cp, or is it the same.. i dont want to waste time doing all the settings when it doesnt improve anything.
(so using AA and AF in nvidia rather than in GSC or even the max render frames.)
cheers

Use nvidia inspector and force 4x Multisampling and 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling.
Of course override any application settings. Do you use a different dll to allow negative LOD bias?

Wanted to attach a picture to show the nv inspector settings but site doesn´t let me...
Cheers

I managed to get rid of the jaggies on the white lines with the dll (not wombat) above. As clamp on nvidia doesn't seem to work. However I have lost the map and the my nvidia version of fraps?!

I tried renaming track dll but doesn't work. Is there anything nvidia cp,can do to rid these jagged edges?

Attachments

• aa settings.JPG
    aa settings.JPG
    310.9 KB · Views: 605

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%