Cars PM3DM Super Touring Cars

@Patrik Marek When you guys put out the A4 Super Touring, will the car be pre-BoP'ed to the other super-tourers, or will it be as it was unladen with ballast?
I guess this will be still under discussion but I think the plan was to design it at its lowest base weight, so that was 1040kg (vs 1000kg for RWD and 975kg for FWD). I think the A4 Quattro is going to be a tough car to make competitive due to it being much heavier and also its engine was pretty underpowered compared to the competition, so it all comes down to the AWD system to give it the performance it will need in order to be authentic. It did have a few things going its way though, obviously the AWD system and also it had one of the best aero drag ratios of all the cars.

I guess this will be still under discussion but I think the plan was to design it at its lowest base weight, so that was 1040kg (vs 1000kg for RWD and 975kg for FWD). I think the A4 Quattro is going to be a tough car to make competitive due to it being much heavier and also its engine was pretty underpowered compared to the competition, so it all comes down to the AWD system to give it the performance it will need in order to be authentic. It did have a few things going its way though, obviously the AWD system and also it had one of the best aero drag ratios of all the cars.
I see. So I assume the A4 will be the most rigorously-playtested of the lot, just to ensure that the balance between power and traction won't swing too heavily with the AWD one way or the other.

I see. So I assume the A4 will be the most rigorously-playtested of the lot, just to ensure that the balance between power and traction won't swing too heavily with the AWD one way or the other.
To be honest, I think it will be a struggle to get the A4 Quattro up to speed with the rest of the cars if we are to remain true to the historical performance / specs. I knocked up a very basic AWD system - basically stolen from the Alfa 155 DTM and it didnt really offer much in the way of improvement, but I am not a physics guru like Abbo90 is, so he should be able to come up with something far better / suited.

BMW skins released -

preview.jpg

preview.jpg

I love these Super-tourers, both as showroom display pieces and on-track racers; the S40 in particular is super fun and lively.

Super Tourers.jpg

(BTW, the Cavalier is not a PM3DM creation; it is by @Rafael Malagoli and can be downloaded here. However, its physics are very much out of date, and even if they were current the fact that it is a pre-wing super-tourer means it won't be competitive. The Cavalier should therefore be used as an AI grid-filler until more of the wing cars are complete.)

Yea I took a look at the cavalier, it’s setup rather different physics wise to our cars, whether that’s correct or not I don’t really know.

Yea I took a look at the cavalier, it’s setup rather different physics wise to our cars, whether that’s correct or not I don’t really know.
What I'm trying to find out is what the BTCC Cav's suspension configuration was since I'm struggling to find more complete specs for the earlier super tourers, and the front MacPhersons run against the all-round wishbones of the later cars.

Okay, I found a document covering the car in a magazine, archived on the website Super-Touring register. And yes, according to that document, the BTCC Cavalier was fitted with Macphersons in the front and Wishbones in the back.

Hello! A bit of feedback on the Volvo (it's great by the way, thank you), my CM shows its power as 207 bhp and weight as 575 kg. Meanwhile the power graph peaks at around 300 bhp. I am guessing those strange values are just in the ui_car. Just letting you know.

Those are just placeholder values on the ui json file that's still showing stuff from other car, don't worry. The power graph actually peaks at ~300 Nm (not hp), with bhp much lower than that. If it bugs you, you can right click (or 3 dots menu for graph) and allow cm to recalculate hp/torque/weight/power graph based on data.acd. Taking the ff Primera as a reference, transmission loss around ~10.5%.

Last edited:
Argh can't wait for Bmw m3 v1.0, for the renault laguna, Volvo, Audi.
If only i had the exact 3D renders of these cars of knowledge in 3D modding i would help but sadly, i don't..
I'm a BTCC fan of the 90's and 2000's and sadly simdream is a poor rip'off with laughable 50'000 polys each car, probably ripped from another really old game.

You are my only hope Patrik
Those models were ripped from @AndreasFSC's Super Touring Seasons mod-pack for RACE 07. Until PM3DM have finished their mods, we'll have to use the cars from that SimDream convert with data corrections to serve as grid-filler while they work on the other cars, at least for solo-racing against bots like I do.

Those models were ripped from @AndreasFSC's Super Touring Seasons mod-pack for RACE 07. Until PM3DM have finished their mods, we'll have to use the cars from that SimDream convert with data corrections to serve as grid-filler while they work on the other cars, at least for solo-racing against bots like I do.

They stole some older version, the cars have been a little bit improved since then, but the first comment was still quite disrespectful.

supertouring1.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back