Cars PM3DM Super Touring Cars

One small suggestion regarding csp induced issues:
- It seems like for lodAs csp has been disabling mirrors.ini lately on other cars (tested on 0.1.73). So, it'd help if instead of the red/blue placeholder mirror placement texture you used the ks sdk Mirror.DDS file like ks content does on the final kn5, or even, preferentially, also set the mirror material as a ksPerPixelReflection. This way they can still reflect the exterior cubemap when not being displayed truly as mirrors (see the ks_ferrari_488_gt3 as an example of later ks content using this solution). Thanks for your consideration. :thumbsup:

Screenshot_pm3dm_bmw_320i_stw_doningtonpark2018_12-3-121-19-45-16.jpgScreenshot_pm3dm_bmw_320i_stw_doningtonpark2018_12-3-121-19-45-42.jpg
MIRROR_PLACEMENT.png showing on loda due to some new csp optimization :unsure:

Screenshot_pm3dm_bmw_320i_stw_doningtonpark2018_12-3-121-20-11-13.jpg
using sdk Mirror.DDS instead (just renamed and placed in skin folders for testing). Even without ksppref, will look look less noticeable when mirrors.ini isn't applied to other cars

One page ago you asked for new csp stuff that would be nice on these cars, regarding that (and other than "have wipers working for rain fx"), I'd suggest setting refractive lens on the rear lights of cars also if you ever plan to do it on their front. When properly done, it can bring a much more up to date look to AC content.
Just as an after thought, though. As it could require to redo their 3d or nm's to get realistic results, and setting them up can be very time consuming.
Atm I guess most of us would prefer to see that rare time spent on missing interiors, or further expanding the grid rather than csp detailing, given that this is meant as a racing series. :)

Last edited:
thank you
good point about the mirror dds thingy, that could actually look much better then the blue/red placeholder. I'm noticing a lot before you start driving and camera circles the car ( any car)

as far as refractive glass goes for rear lights, I never got effect that I would have liked, so I decided not to do it for rear lights,
it works better on cars that have more clear glass then what Primera does

if you have good examples of refractive rear glass please share, but even on cars like these, I don't particularly like the result, not really behaving the same way as real glass, and I don't think it can be done that much better
the big limitation is - imo - the jaggy edges from filtering.

I mean it's pretty cool! ( one of the better ones out there!) and actually quite close, but the filtering just kills it for me :-/

1615948786355.png

1615948880030.png

Last edited:
thank you
good point about the mirror dds thingy, that could actually look much better then the blue/red placeholder. I'm noticing a lot before you start driving and camera circles the car ( any car)

as far as refractive glass goes for rear lights, I never got effect that I would have liked, so I decided not to do it for rear lights,
it works better on cars that have more clear glass then what Primera does

if you have good examples of refractive rear glass please share, but even on cars like these, I don't particularly like the result, not really behaving the same way as real glass, and I don't think it can be done that much better
the big limitation is - imo - the jaggy edges from filtering.

I mean it's pretty cool! ( one of the better ones out there!) and actually quite close, but the filtering just kills it for me :-/

View attachment 455596

View attachment 455597

I always thought that was a bad CSP decryption job!

you guys are doing an amazing work !
and sticking to it for such a long time is an accomplishment on its own
so cheers to that :)

to the sensitive people around, don't look below
Have you considered making it, or part of it, a paid mod ?
I know it can be a touchy sometimes
but such an amount of professional work should be rewarded with some $ in my humble opinion

but such an amount of professional work should be rewarded with some $ in my humble opinion
+1
oh man i can`t wait this pack to be ready.:rolleyes: This gonna be HOT
AC lacks on quality 90s content espacially touring cars.

After we have previously stated that this will NOT be a pay mod, I think it would be poor form to do an about face and start charging for stuff.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.