Cars PM3DM Super Touring Cars

To be honest, I think it will be a struggle to get the A4 Quattro up to speed with the rest of the cars if we are to remain true to the historical performance / specs. I knocked up a very basic AWD system - basically stolen from the Alfa 155 DTM and it didnt really offer much in the way of improvement, but I am not a physics guru like Abbo90 is, so he should be able to come up with something far better / suited.
Hi Ben. Really enjoying all your cars up to now. I’m not a computer guru but I have now purchased the Next Level Racing Traction Plus System
to go along side with my motion system. If it’s any use to you guys I could do some testing and feed you back info on handling. I tend to use Oulton Park
for my own testing of cars as it’s my local track. The teams work is just awesome.
Kenny.

Hi Ben. Really enjoying all your cars up to now. I’m not a computer guru but I have now purchased the Next Level Racing Traction Plus System
to go along side with my motion system. If it’s any use to you guys I could do some testing and feed you back info on handling. I tend to use Oulton Park
for my own testing of cars as it’s my local track. The teams work is just awesome.
Kenny.
Perhaps speak to Patrik. I am having to take a step back as real life stuff has come to the fore so I will be much less active now.

that Astra is cool ! .
Hi Patrik Really enjoying all your cars up to now. I’m not a computer guru but I have now purchased the Next Level Racing Traction Plus System
Kenny.

Apologies for the OT but could you start a thread outlining your experience of this system? Not many people own them due to the prohibitive cost but I bet a lot of people here would be interested to hear some hands-on impressions.
Hi Mascot.
Thats a good idea. Will start to gather some info on each of the cars up to now and then post.

Hey Kenny, I don't really have experience with such system, so I'm not sue how helpful it would be

if we knew how the cars are supposed to react, it could be useful, but I think that given the amount of data we have, it's not going to tell if it's correct or not , if you know what I mean

of course feel free to share your findings, but yeah, I don't have deep enough knowledge to know how and if this could help, you would have to talk to gurus like @mclarenf1papa

Hey Kenny, I don't really have experience with such system, so I'm not sue how helpful it would be

if we knew how the cars are supposed to react, it could be useful, but I think that given the amount of data we have, it's not going to tell if it's correct or not , if you know what I mean

of course feel free to share your findings, but yeah, I don't have deep enough knowledge to know how and if this could help, you would have to talk to gurus like @mclarenf1papa
Hi Patrik.
ok no problem. I just thought I would ask to try and help you guys. If at any stage you find it might help please let me know. Keep up the fantastic work.

Hello,
Just wanted to add my appreciation for the work, time and effort that has gone into producing the Super Touring cars for AC. The latest addition of the Volvo is fantastic and great to now have this car to race against the Primera and BMW 320.
I would just like to ask if its possible for someone to list the other ST cars which are being worked on and give a % update as to how much work has been completed?

I do appreciate that each car will take a lot of time to complete, I am just interested to know how they are progressing. Keep up the good work :)
Paul

Hello,
Just wanted to add my appreciation for the work, time and effort that has gone into producing the Super Touring cars for AC. The latest addition of the Volvo is fantastic and great to now have this car to race against the Primera and BMW 320.
I would just like to ask if its possible for someone to list the other ST cars which are being worked on and give a % update as to how much work has been completed?

I do appreciate that each car will take a lot of time to complete, I am just interested to know how they are progressing. Keep up the good work :)
Paul
Currently, the PM3DM team are working on the following Super Touring cars:
  • Alfa Romeo 156
  • Ford Mondeo CD162
  • Honda Accord CH5
  • Audi A4 Typ-8D
  • Peugeot 406
  • Vauxhall Vectra B
  • Renault Laguna X56
Judging by the most recent set of screenshots, the Laguna Super-Tourer is currently looking the closest to a release candidate version since it has some in-engine action shots with skins and partial interior detail (primarily the roll-cage) being visible, and those screens were posted this April gone.

Peugeot 406 isnt far off being complete, however it needs a few fixes / adjustments and has no physics or sound.
Renault Laguna isnt far behind, exterior done, I think basic interior is done too. No physics or sound yet.
Ford Mondeo exterior I think is complete, interior has been started.
Audi A4 exterior is near complete, no interior yet.
Vauxhall Vectra has been re-assigned to a new artist and is v early stages
Alfa 156 has been assigned to a new artist, exterior is mostly complete, no interior yet.
Honda Accord is currently not in production.

Peugeot 406 isnt far off being complete, however it needs a few fixes / adjustments and has no physics or sound.
Renault Laguna isnt far behind, exterior done, I think basic interior is done too. No physics or sound yet.
Ford Mondeo exterior I think is complete, interior has been started.
Audi A4 exterior is near complete, no interior yet.
Vauxhall Vectra has been re-assigned to a new artist and is v early stages
Alfa 156 has been assigned to a new artist, exterior is mostly complete, no interior yet.
and what about BMW and Nissan updates? just saying :whistling:

Last edited:
Hi. I used to work for Renault UK back in the 90's and early 2000's and happen to have a book all about the '97 season for the BTCC Laguna, which has around a dozen pages of text on the car and engine. Happy to scan them and upload if they would be of help/interest?
We are always happy to take help and info from others, so yes please. We only really have things like camber rates and spring rates from the teams in the Historic HSCC as well as photographs of the suspension for the Laguna, so anything more would be of great help.

We are always happy to take help and info from others, so yes please. We only really have things like camber rates and spring rates from the teams in the Historic HSCC as well as photographs of the suspension for the Laguna, so anything more would be of great help.
No problem, I will get them scanned in over the weekend, it may be easier to upload them to a FTP site and send you over the link, if that's OK?

Is it the case that this one is just low down the list and will be started at some point? It would be a shame not to see it, as it was one of the main competitors in the late European super touring championship. I remember Tarquini and Giovanardi having some good tussles in 2001 and Peter Kox doing so before in 2000.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back