Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Rookie friendly WTCR sereis Weekly rFactor 2 events
[PHYSICS] 1937 Mercedes W125 Grand Prix data update

Cars [PHYSICS] 1937 Mercedes W125 Grand Prix data update 0.92

If @Nicecuppatea is into it, I could package the driver with this thing for the "final" update. 60s guy works well enough, but a 20s guy would probably be better. :)
There is also the option of the driver_skidlid model from Legion's Auto Union Type C Stromlinie, which has more 1930s style goggles. Either one would work well, just depends on who you can get approval from.

Hoksu

Premium
Solutions
BTW, did you know that the W125 with its biggest engine used 100 liters of fuel (ethanol-acetone) per 100 kilometers? Modern day roadcars use ~6-7 liters per 100 km. Quite a thirsty little thing that I-8 engine :)
Have to say I had no idea. I could imagine W125 would be quite thirsty but didn't know it was that much.

The fuel consumption of this mod seems to be quite a bit lower than that?

aphidgod

Premium
Not much less... if you run Monza or Avus (where you're flat out most of the time) you'll get around 1.2km/l IIRC.

Last edited:
If @Nicecuppatea is into it, I could package the driver with this thing for the "final" update. 60s guy works well enough, but a 20s guy would probably be better. :)

Yep, feel free. I changed the object names so you need:

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:GOGGLES
[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:FLYING_HELMET
[HIDE_OBJECT_2]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

in driver3d.ini.

aphidgod

Premium
It's the latter. Car itself is not mine to distribute. Instructions to find it are there in the first post, though.