[PHYSICS] 1937 Mercedes W125 Grand Prix data update

Cars [PHYSICS] 1937 Mercedes W125 Grand Prix data update 0.92

Login or Register an account to download this content
So glad I'm not the only one :D. I can get to about 3:02 or maybe a bit lower before I run out of courage- but i have lots of fun doing so, and that's all that matters!
Oh I'm not running out of courage, rather grip, or brakes, or track... in corners, mainly. Great scenery on the outside of corners btw, I've had many opportunities to admire it :D But I can mostly master the straights by now :) My goal for today evening is to get below 3 minutes.

There's no such thing as 'Legion's W125'. There was a really good rFactor mod a few years ago, which has been ripped by Legion :thumbsdown:. This one is a completely different mod (and a legal one, for that matter)- It is even stated where you can get it in the Mod description...

2:35 is definitely a big grape laptime... I've managed that exactly twice. Usually closer to :38-42 and sustained lapping in maybe the low 40s. It's hard to string that 'pole lap' pace together, the rear tires start to overheat and things get sketchy. (er, more sketchy.)

I'm sure you guys will catch up once you learn the car. I'm not a great driver and I'm stuck on a pad. I know you can beat me. ;)

FWIW, Alfie was running in the 2:34s with v0.9. If that's typical, I'm happy with the pace.

As far as suspension animations go, if you haven't followed the review section... Mantas added that (thanks Gary, I guess) after my last communication with him about the car, so my local copy didn't have it, even with the animations enabled in car.ini. So I just left it disabled. I've gone and updated to the latest version of the model, though, and it's all working now. Will be sorted next update. If you want to crack it open and fix that in the meantime, by all means. It's not packed for security, it's packed so nobody would get confused with version mismatches and whatnot.

I don't know exactly what happened with the animation finally, but I've done a suspension animation for Mantas (and he said it's OK). If you need it I can send it to you (in Blender).

I did a 2:31,9 and I think with some practice could do sub 30, but these cars are so much risk to drive what we can safely manage in our living room, so it must be faster then was in real IMO.

Well, 2:31.9 puts you on pole by a tenth! Dead spot on as far as I'm concerned. :)

The animations are all good now, I just wasn't up to date on the latest model. Problem was entirely on my end and is fixed for the next upload.

Last edited:
It's very clear you're putting in a big effort here to bring this car up to date... or depending on your perspective putting it more firmly in the past, I guess. So I just wanted to express my appreciation. I've not had the chance to test each update as you've uploaded them, but I've found it fascinating, possibly even educational, to watch the speed of the changes. It almost feels like I'm witnessing the engineers evolving the design and characteristics of a real car in the pre-season phase, so extra credit is due to you for providing a new, unexpected form of immersion in sim racing. Anyway just before I sit down to test the latest version, and given this process and your generosity in sharing it with us, I was wondering if there were any features of the earlier versions that you liked but have been compromised by other changes you liked even more - and if so what were they? Or has development been refined mostly in a single direction that you're happy with?

After the update, the game doesn't launch when selecting this car, tried on various tracks, Kunos and mods. Game works with any other car, and this car worked fine before the update. When I try to launch game with this car I get this error

View attachment 487420View attachment 487422
Tried to look at the report file but I don't know how to read it, just looks gibberish when I tried opening with Notepad.

This is some of the CSP error log:
2021-07-12T13:33:39:637 [10576]
I have no problems loading the car here :unsure: [CSP v0.1.74]

Screenshot_mercedes_w125_solitude_12-7-121-12-23-46.jpg

Last edited:
No issue here too, even tried on 0.1.75 reset to defaults. Beware that now under 0.1.75 some cars with ext phys like some1's nsx(s) will fail to validate setups. Having "SMAA (2013)" as pp aa selected on graphics adjustments can also cause a memory leak leading to a crash.

As above, maybe just revert to base mercedes_w125_0.79 then apply mercedes_w125_v0.92b to clear any folder issue. If still fails, then check back on 0.1.74 in case the update also happened in between data changes.

(I see nothing suspicious on the csp log, maybe the log.txt could give more info. Could help to drop the whole .report on the csp discord if you can't find a way around it)

In other news, I'm still stuck at 2:41.6 on a pad and this gets me often after going wide on a fast right :unsure::
nothing_wrong_here.jpg

Last edited:
This is great and all but is there actually 1937 skins for this
yes, use a less condescending tone and use the search function

Last edited:
yes, use a less condescending tone and use the search function

Sorry i am just really angry at work lol. My shelter pet just got diagnosed with cancer, sorry i really am

Sorry i am just really angry at work lol. My shelter pet just got diagnosed with cancer, sorry i really am
Don't worry it happens to everybody, remember not to let your anger flow out in a rage, you will most likely hit people that have nothing to do with it and feel worse after. If you're feeling nervous, talk it down with somebody that you feel can understand you.
Hope your puppy gets better

Don't worry it happens to everybody, remember not to let your anger flow out in a rage, you will most likely hit people that have nothing to do with it and feel worse after. If you're feeling nervous, talk it down with somebody that you feel can understand you.
Hope your puppy gets better
Thanks for understanding man, my cousin and i have been raising it for awhile but the doc says we got it early so survival rate is quite high now. Thanks for the advice great mod too have a great wonderful day!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back