[PHYSICS] 1937 Mercedes W125 Grand Prix data update

Cars [PHYSICS] 1937 Mercedes W125 Grand Prix data update 0.92

Login or Register an account to download this content
aphidgod submitted a new resource:

[PHYSICS] 1937 Mercedes W125 Grand Prix data update v0.8b - Now with Traction™!

LGmpuS2.jpg

Well, to celebrate the release of Bremgarten... I decided I should probably try my hand at updating & finishing the physics for this ridiculous old beast.

This is still heavily WIP & to be honest I don't really have any earthly idea how it should actually drive, just that it should probably be capable of negotiating at least one or two corners without exploding. (It did finish races IRL.) To that end, I've reworked:
  • Tires...

Read more about this resource...

Just a small detail, to prevent csp to add "Shadowed wheels" (meant to cast fender shadows) as seen in your screenshot:
shadows.jpg
simply adding the tag "open wheeler" on ui_car.json will prevent it when configless. Via config, it can be enforced with:
[BASIC]
OPEN_WHEELER = 1

cheers

We can get to the CSP crap eventually... still focused on the actual car at the moment. :laugh:

I've already gone and fixed fuel consumption, in case anyone feels like reporting that.

Last edited:
Yeah, I suggested that ui_car.json workaround/hint for auto-guessing if you don't want to worry about configs.
Mentioned it as users will probably notice the unintended vanta black tyres from cockpit view.

Another couple of secondary details you might wish to revise on the \data are the dash cam position, as it clips over the hood atm, and readjusting flames position as they come from the suspension. Edit: Ops, the ui_car.json has the xj13 description.

Last edited:
Hard to say how those cars should handle, but more traction than the mod had previously is a good start I think. Any outing today isn't done at full race pace and there is only so much to be learned from watching broadcasts from back in the day. I don't think anyone would want to risk crashing those things.

Goodwood Hillclimb times probably arent any indication of realism, but at least it gives me an excuse to post Goodwood videos :)

ui_car.json file contains mod description of the Jaguar. You have to fix it for the next update.

When you put it that way... definitely leaving it as it is.

Hard to say how those cars should handle, but more traction than the mod had previously is a good start I think. Any outing today isn't done at full race pace and there is only so much to be learned from watching broadcasts from back in the day. I don't think anyone would want to risk crashing those things.

Yeah, I think he's taking it fairly easy there like you say. Hard to learn a whole lot, and anyway, he's running modern tires (of course) so it still wouldn't quite get us there. (But it would be close. How fun would it be to see this thing really flogged around the Goodwood circuit?)

The more I dig, the more I find that needs fixed. It'll definitely pick up some stability. But lots to do. Really shouldn't have uploaded it just yet.

Last edited:
When you put it that way... definitely leaving it as it is.

Yeah, I think he's taking it fairly easy there like you say. Hard to learn a whole lot, and anyway, he's running modern tires (of course) so it still wouldn't quite get us there. (But it would be close. How fun would it be to see this thing really flogged around the Goodwood circuit?)

The more I dig, the more I find that needs fixed. It'll definitely pick up some stability. But lots to do. Really shouldn't have uploaded it just yet.
You can change it for in the next update?*

Last edited:
I did a few laps around Napoli and Deutschlandring, because I like the fast sweeping first part of Deutschlandring, can definatily recommend this combination. Napoli is almost too winding and narrow. The car wanders a lot on throttle, and there are a lot of trees near the street. Haven't managed a full lap without an accident yet on either track, but it took me a while with the Autounion Typ C as well after it was last updated :)

"...more than 600hp, top speed of 300km/h, no proper brakes, no grip. You need big balls to drive a car like this" He sure wasn't wrong.
Screenshot_mercedes_w125_ks_silverstone_4-6-121-12-0-8.jpg

btw I imported sounds from Mercedes C9, seems a more suitable donor car to me even though they're half a century apart

btw I imported sounds from Mercedes C9, seems a more suitable donor car to me even though they're half a century apart
If you downloaded the Mustang Buss 302 by A3DR while it was still up, the 650 version sound also fits imo for its supercharger.

Last edited:
OT: The supercharged sound for the 650 can still be found on RD (link), as it came with ks C7 sounds for both variants. There should also be a Shelby GT500 bank on RD, probably with the same TVS2300.
But I don't know, on clips the W125 sounds more like a supercharged DB601 growling than a modern sc whine.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years