Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just downloaded 1.0 and went up and down a few times...wow! Absolutely amazing. Thank you for investing so much time and effort into this mod :thumbsup:
Glad you're loving it mate, really happy to get it to this stage (1.0 is not considered final)
@Phoenix77 Looking forward to getting the VIP email in my inbox :thumbsup: But my finger is aching from spamming the refresh button lol.
Can't wait to try this out and will once again be sending you some pound coins for your work :)
Have a look in your spam folder, it may have gone in there, hope you get on PCH soon :)
I put up a trackday server with Bazza's GTC pack (plus hotfix) for us VIP people! Search for VintageAC in server browser.

Thanks Phoenix!!
Cheers Jonah, hope you get good performance on your server. Have fun mate!

Happy to confirm this works great in VR

I can max out 100% Steam SS without resorting to AMD FidelityFX on my Reverb G2 and still have headroom to record the output

Looks amazing - thanks Phoenix :inlove:
Thanks for the VR feedback, awesome to know... Although I think you were missing a few hundred thousand bushes. World Detail medium? Great quality VR mate!

Have a look in your spam folder, it may have gone in there, hope you get on PCH soon :)
Nope, nothing in spam. I can't remember what email i signed up with but checked both my hotmail and my gmail.
It's all good I can (just about) wait till tomorrow and see if anything has turned up.

EDIT: I went to the Selfy store and grabbed it from there so all good. Have a feeling it's gonna become a late night tonight :roflmao:

Last edited:
JUst gave the preview a go and it drives amazingly and at dusk looks stunning, however on replay with the cars I have tried so far they are floating about the road surface (double checked the same cars on other tracks and all is fine).

JUst gave the preview a go and it drives amazingly and at dusk looks stunning, however on replay with the cars I have tried so far they are floating about the road surface (double checked the same cars on other tracks and all is fine).
No such problem here. Did you do a clean install of the track?

Thanks for the VR feedback, awesome to know... Although I think you were missing a few hundred thousand bushes. World Detail medium? Great quality VR mate!
Yeah, recorded with detail set to Medium but without the recording software running I can push it up to Maximum.
Today I drove down a little road towards the sea and just stopped and looked a the little yellow flowers and the pampas grass.

The joys of VR, a balancing act between resolution, weather, time of day and details.
Personally I am a resolution wh*re first and foremost but in five? years time we should maybe possibly have true eye resolution VR headsets and the GPUs to run them

Nope, nothing in spam. I can't remember what email i signed up with but checked both my hotmail and my gmail.
It's all good I can (just about) wait till tomorrow and see if anything has turned up.

EDIT: I went to the Selfy store and grabbed it from there so all good. Have a feeling it's gonna become a late night tonight :roflmao:
Love it mate, glad you're sorted... There have been a few email 'bounces' where my emails don't even get to a spam folder.
Usually something to do with mail server encryption.
No such problem here. Did you do a clean install of the track?
Nice one Jonah, I think you've got it spot on... A few people have done the same thing.
I may possibly need a track folder rename to... pacific_coast_hwy
I've renamed all layouts differently from 0.95 for this reason :)

Anyone with the Pre-Release... Please make sure to remove any previous pacific_coast folder before installing any new version. Pretty much everything is re-worked / replaced. If you're floating above any roads, that's because you're driving on the new FFB roads, but looking at the old roads / terrain. The roads vary by around 20 - 30 cm's between them.
The old/new terrain will vary in places by ft!
Yeah, recorded with detail set to Medium but without the recording software running I can push it up to Maximum.
Today I drove down a little road towards the sea and just stopped and looked a the little yellow flowers and the pampas grass.

The joys of VR, a balancing act between resolution, weather, time of day and details.
Personally I am a resolution wh*re first and foremost but in five? years time we should maybe possibly have true eye resolution VR headsets and the GPUs to run them
Thanks a lot for all the VR info & feedback, and for your great support helping people in the threads... Glad you're loving your early drive. Cheers dude!

btw... If those AI were in Trackday mode, and they brake a little silly in places, Race mode might work better, as uses default Kunos AI. In the pre-release, (using Race mode) Northbound AI are pretty competitive, Southbound not as much.

Hi Dan,

1.0 as been set back a tiny bit as I was attempting to get CSP multi level lights working properly.
Turns out this isn't something CSP can do at the moment, hopefully in future.
This means the Underground Parking Garage (6 levels), will only be correctly lit at night....
pch_004.jpg

In daytime the underground will look very mehhh :sick:
Daylight normal.jpg

1.0 Release has now shifted more to Friday night, Saturday.
I will keep the Spoiler: 1.0 Release Info (on the main Pacific Coast page) up to date as and when I know more.
Cheers!

Love it mate, glad you're sorted... There have been a few email 'bounces' where my emails don't even get to a spam folder.
Typically I spent all day yesterday working on an AMC Javelin skin and didn't finish till around 2am so didn't have time to even try out Pacific Coast anyway. I plan to fire it up once i've had some lunch and a cuppa though.
Good luck with the release :thumbsup:

Nice one Jonah, I think you've got it spot on... A few people have done the same thing.
I may possibly need a track folder rename to... pacific_coast_hwy
I've renamed all layouts differently from 0.95 for this reason :)

Anyone with the Pre-Release... Please make sure to remove any previous pacific_coast folder before installing any new version. Pretty much everything is re-worked / replaced. If you're floating above any roads, that's because you're driving on the new FFB roads, but looking at the old roads / terrain. The roads vary by around 20 - 30 cm's between them.
The old/new terrain will vary in places by ft!

Thanks a lot for all the VR info & feedback, and for your great support helping people in the threads... Glad you're loving your early drive. Cheers dude!

btw... If those AI were in Trackday mode, and they brake a little silly in places, Race mode might work better, as uses default Kunos AI. In the pre-release, (using Race mode) Northbound AI are pretty competitive, Southbound not as much.
I think this is the best 'open world' track so far. Detail, feel through the wheel, lighting etc are all as good as it gets. In VR this is truly next level.. It's really made me want to drive there in 'real life'.. such amazing roads! Thanks for this, it's a masterpiece.

Phoenix, can you check if you have north and south swapped in your editor? If I choose the northbound layout, I am starting at the top (north) and going down the map (south) but I still have the water on the left as I would expect, so it seems north and south might be swapped? :whistling:

Took a screenshot to explain. I have re-rendered the map with a thicker line so it's easier to see it in Track Map Display. This is the start of Northbound layout and I am facing south-east instead of north-west :-D But at least the sun direction is correct at 8:00.

northbound going south.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea