Opinions on R3E: What's yours?

This is fine for ppl happy to dry-lap. RRE has improved over time - but I'm in the, "this is an outdated platform now" club. Best way to vent my frustration = stop buying DLC. When S3 care enough to drag RRE into modern times, I'll restart support. I buy the DLC, yet hardly lap with it - makes zero sense. I'm fed up of dry lapping. it's a personal thing.

We had rain in sims many years ago, then it all went tits-up IMHO. YMMV of course, that's fine. Why were Microprose ahead of their time. How long have I supported this stale engine for now, jeez. I've been doing this for a great many number of years - too long (dry-lapping) tbh. Hence the frustration. Approaching my mid 50's, I'm going to be more selective about who I give my savings to. Free to play software isn't the future. Otherwise S3 would have taken RRE to a modern place already. RRE, feels like a pay-to-improve model to me. By that I mean, RRE just releases tweaks here and there, but the fundamental tech is missing. We own this sim software, but at a UK track, we can't create a cold/overcast/low grip/wet or even damp scenario.

Fair play to Kunos for gambling, and having the passion/balls enough to deliver what some of us long for. By that I mean, driving at differing times of the day, in low grip situations. I get that we all don't see this as the "be all" of simracing. We all have opinions about SMS. At least they could be bothered to create time of day/weather, and moved the genre along. S3 is holding back the only genre I purchase games from. I'm unhappy about this lol. RRE started to feel stale, years ago. Much like how people feel that Codemasters have stunted the growth of the F1 platform, in the many years they've had the licence. Like a huge number of you, I've sunk huge amounts into regularly supporting S3. I hope one day, that a scenario arrives where I look forward to booting the platform and using the content I've purchased.

I know SimBin UK supposedly works on a modern game engine, supporting time of day/weather. Both platforms will likely share the tech. For me, it long overdue. Sorry S3, this is the only genre I enjoy. You starved your own engine of the features I've wanted most for years. It can't get any more broken than it is. You'll get nothing more now, until you care enough to update your engine tech.

Sorry you're not happy, but I dialled that in exactly as I want it to be, based on gathered data and 22 years worth of real world track experience. It is my profile and I drive with those settings on average 5 hours daily.

Are you using the fanatec beta drivers?
Mr Hodgkinson, thanks for your reply!
My update from dd1 and fanalab is from december 2019... not on my pc now on this moment for the update number... what I have from base and fanalab But with your settings ideed I am not happy. Its not my day time job. Only hobby... but in the row Rfactor 2, Ams 1 Acc feels good.I hope you can fix it. On my g27 it was feels always good, with all respect I love your raceroom game but I switch to direct drive last summer and now it feels for me broken,

Last edited:
Right, so the reason you're having issues is because we're not fully supporting Fanalab and beta drivers yet. A lot of things change when moving across to those systems and I am working on bringing it in line with how it should behave for us. It should be something we can roll out soon.

Are you also using the default in-game FFB profiles? If you're still using an old profile further things won't be working as they should. You'll have to go in game, delete your current profile and select the default DD1 profile to start afresh there.

I made a new fresh profile last Friday. but that didn't matter. which I still get despite the new profile "missing device" but can just click and drive. don't know if this could have anything to do with it? thanks for your comment

dd1 - fanalab v1.12 beta
-pc driver 346
-wheel base firmware 662
-wheel base motor firmware 30

I use heusinkveld sprint

Using Fanalab is the issue you're having.
Default profiles are created for the none-beta Fanatec drivers/firmware as follows:

5bdebda3bad67a37c0b6f5e179e6f26f.jpg

Oke thanks mr Hodgkinson!

Rfactor 2 Acc and AMS 1 feels good on the fanalab... is a very usefull program. Any ideas you change it it in the future?

What kind of fanalab version you used? Or you dont used? I appreciate your message back! Thanks Alex

Last edited:
Personally I like it just started to get back in to sim racing and after playing race07 back in the day this is very easy to jump back into, plus for me the graphics are fine as I don't have a high end pc it works very well on mine :)
Quite happy racing in the dry weather effects will probably be too much for my pc to handle lol
AC I'm still getting used to spent more time going backwards currently

In general, RaceRoom is the sim I enjoy the most and use the most. I love the car selection and the overall graphics of the game are fine for me. Also, love the idea of Ranked Servers which I use quiet often.
In my opinion the "in car" sound could be a little better. The engine sound is fine, I just miss some in car noises like you hear them in AC. The FFB still isn't where it should or could be. The Nordschleife, as example, feels to smooth compared to AC.
Also, the overall UI is very easy to navigate and pleasant to look at.

what an interesting thread this is

mine is a fresh , new and wip opinion about rre but at he moment really good and appreciating the sim coming from rf2 which is the benchmark in ffb in my opinion (I hate hate AC feeling, ffb and pshysics in too much cars to like it)

i'm driving rre from April so i can't judge what was before december update but who cares anymore?

as any other sim there are some great pros and some cons

i love how the cars handle in most of the cases (I've driven the canhard, the p2, m3 gt2, porsche rsr, aquila, porsche 911r, some gt4) and some combos car/track are astonishing.
The ffb , coming from rf2, seems a little weak and not so intense but reading the guides and following the right steps and experimenting, customizing it on your tastes, the result become really really good and second only compared to rf2.
I like the chance to set all that values ingame that can allow you to have the right sensations in almost all the cars.....even if i have a t500 which we know is not the best wheel for raceroom.... i appreciate the flatspot sensation more than rf2 but with the t500 you gotta have on 0 that value to avoid oscillations god damn

the physics in many cars are right and good with the only con that (as many said) at low speeds the oversteer and loosing traction are not recoverable most of the times and this is something really to improve

baseline setups are very good and thousand times better than rf2

the sense of immersion and the graphics are better than i was thinking for a dx9 sim but i have some graphical problems and microstutters even having a freesync monitor settings when i have other cars near (i have to understand and find the solution for this)
the sensation and the beauty is so better than rf2 when it rans in dx9 and the replays sometimes seem a real footage

the sound part is the real diamond on a golden ring and it sounds as nothing else in the market

friendliness and simplicity of the ui is a little old in 2020 but almost perfect for my taste

the prices and the politics to test the cars before buying are admirable

i like to have fun with the leaderboards too

i like in the race session entering the pitlane that the game shows me the distance from my box

night would be great
rain would be great
cool down lap i would love to do it by myself and seems really stupid is not this way
the chance to restart a session when i am on a server why isn't possible?
starting not in automatic from the start lights with the real need of using the clutch would be better
the chance to have rolling start would be better
the chance to have motec files i would like it

Last edited:
A simple possibility to paint your own car(dont care if others can see it) BrunoB said this
I like to fool around with my own paint and number schemes. why should they care if we modify the paint for our own game.

Yeah you are right Pawgy:thumbsup:
Eventhough I dont think they will listen :sleep: I would be gratefull too if it became possible to at least paint your own car - just to be used at home.:whistling:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Pawgy I just thought you hated Raceroom because its too expensive. Have I been misunderstanding this ol fella?:thumbsup:

Im putting more and more hours in to RR.....at the cost of all my other sims. THe RaceDepartment sessions are responsible. Its ll @Goffik 's fault !

I too struggled with FFB initially on my DD1 , but ive got it absolutely bang on , using FanaLab also ( tbh this doesnt really change anything (unless you mess with the Dynamic FF which isn't necessary)) and only servers as a really easy way to adjust things on the fly, they are the same settings that are on the wheel. The ability to save profiles for different cars and games is a game changer for me. I really dont see how running it would have any negative effect at all tbh.

Im on

Wheel : 670
Motor : 38
Driver : 356

Happy to share my settings if they are applicable, but I can say its probable only second to RF2 , and better in some places imo.

As for the game itself , yes night would be nice , not so bothered about rain as nobody really likes it anyway ;-) Id like the starts to allow false starts etc and not be locked until the lights go green, would make getting a great start or a poor start mean something. Other than those little niggles the multiplayer racing is the best there is....you can actually trade some paint without fear of both cars just spinning out. Im absolutely loving it right now.

Roll on next weeks Endurance race in the GTR1's !

Id like the starts to allow false starts etc and not be locked until the lights go green, would make getting a great start or a poor start mean something.
Fully agree.
I guess even most pure arcade games have the possibility to do a regular "manual" start.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Personally I think its embarrassing that this issue havent been solved in Raceroom.:rolleyes:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back