oculus latest update, 10/09/18

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
todays update is preventing my GTX1080ti/CV1 to work.
This morning all was fine and this afternoon after the update nothing works.
anyone else is on the same boat?
Does someone has a solution?

OK it's not called that, that's just what I rename my Oculus folder. It's the old Oculus Home runtime, but stripped down. You can find it by searching
Old Oculus Home Runtime W/ Instructions
Works for me and others I know. Up to you if you wanna try it, but like I say, you change back and forth in a couple of minutes.

renderTimingPixel.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK it's not called that, that's just what I rename my Oculus folder. It's the old Oculus Home runtime, but stripped down. You can find it by searching
Works for me and others I know. Up to you if you wanna try it, but like I say, you change back and forth in a couple of minutes.

renderTimingPixel.png
Ah, you mean Oculus Homeless.
Yeah, been using that for the last couple of updates. It does help.

Whatever happened to ASW 2.0?

Upvote 0
I think it's still in the pipeline. However game engines need to be updated to make use of it so for you probably useless and an AC only racer. I know the KartKraft devs were saying on their Discord server that the titles need to be updated to use it and they were planning on doing it for theirs.

Absolutely no chance Kunos does this for AC at this point, surely?

Upvote 0
I think it's still in the pipeline. However game engines need to be updated to make use of it so for you probably useless and an AC only racer. I know the KartKraft devs were saying on their Discord server that the titles need to be updated to use it and they were planning on doing it for theirs.

Absolutely no chance Kunos does this for AC at this point, surely?
Not Kunos, but Ilja has said he'd look into it when ASW 2.0 lands.

Upvote 0
Might be purely coincidental, but around the time of the recent update my Rift starts with no audio on the right-hand side. If I demount/remount the right-hand headphone then audio comes back, but will be gone on the next restart. I've swapped the headphone for a spare one with the same result. There's apparently a general CV1 issue with loss of audio due to the slidey 'ribbon' audio connectors in the headset adjustment, but adjusting the headset, taking it off/on multiple times etc doesn't lose the audio, but it'll be gone on next startup and require a removal/refit of the headphone to bring it back.

I use external 5.1 audio in sims and only use the Rift headphones for Crew Chief (so my engineer is getting piped into my 'helmet' for best immersion) so it's not the end of the world. But it is annoying. Anyone else getting this, and anyone have a solution? Like I said, it started around the time of the last update but to be honest I don't really think it's related. Thanks.

Upvote 0

renderTimingPixel.png

i didnt manage to make it work. i allways have black screen to my rift. you run the games from ott?

Ah, you mean Oculus Homeless.
Yeah, been using that for the last couple of updates. It does help.

Whatever happened to ASW 2.0?

homeless is something diferent. he talks about not run home at all. not the home (unreal) enviroment.
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/9odbvz/fixed_old_oculus_home_runtime_w_instructions/

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have an issue with Content Manager and the Rift not wanting to boot into the game unless I close both Oculus software AND Content Manager. Then I must reopen CM, hit Drive and let the Rift boot itself into the game.

The problem with this is I have just started using Virtual Desktop and it's a pain in the ASS to have to close everything off and start back up again. I kinda need the Oculus software running to use Virtual Desktop!

Upvote 0
I have an issue with Content Manager and the Rift not wanting to boot into the game unless I close both Oculus software AND Content Manager. Then I must reopen CM, hit Drive and let the Rift boot itself into the game.

The problem with this is I have just started using Virtual Desktop and it's a pain in the ASS to have to close everything off and start back up again. I kinda need the Oculus software running to use Virtual Desktop!
I got this problem about 3 months ago...
I deleted all Oculus things on my pc and reinstalled Oculus.
Everything went like before after this

Upvote 0
I should add I am running the Oculus 'Homeless' method. This might be affecting it somewhat. I have done a format for Rift reasons not too long ago (I still haven't put all my shortcuts and stuff back in case something else went wrong) so I don't know how effective another reinstall of Oculus software will be but I can only try. Thanks for the feedback!

Upvote 0
Really strange... Because its exactly the same problem when i was running the rift as administrator..
What about other games and run AC whitout content manager?
all vr games have the same problem. i can see the tracking of the headset on my tv but no video in headset. no exe file run as admin. the homeless file works fine but this no!

EDIT EDIT EDIT
I did a repair to my oculus software and now...!!!!! WOOOOOOWWWWWW
SMOOOOOOOTTTTHHHHH!
i max everything in content manager (even reflection x6) SS 2.0 and i got no single problem.
14 cars starting grid and i dont miss a frame! How is that posible?
i have i5 4670 with gtx1080. i played before everything low and ss1.5
Thank you all!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
all vr games have the same problem. i can see the tracking of the headset on my tv but no video in headset. no exe file run as admin. the homeless file works fine but this no!

EDIT EDIT EDIT
I did a repair to my oculus software and now...!!!!! WOOOOOOWWWWWW
SMOOOOOOOTTTTHHHHH!
i max everything in content manager (even reflection x6) SS 2.0 and i got no single problem.
14 cars starting grid and i dont miss a frame! How is that posible?
i have i5 4670 with gtx1080. i played before everything low and ss1.5
Thank you all!
Cool !
The last Nvidia and Oculus update were a wolid fps boost for me.
If i can suggest to many of you that had problems whit rift, try reinstalling the driver Oculus drivers. 1 time on 2 it solve the problem

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea