oculus latest update, 10/09/18

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
todays update is preventing my GTX1080ti/CV1 to work.
This morning all was fine and this afternoon after the update nothing works.
anyone else is on the same boat?
Does someone has a solution?

FYI: I went back to nVidia driver 388.59. I previously had 416.81 on my system. AC always started 'choppy' at the beginning of the race and I had a lot of FPS dips during the race. Sometimes the display would get stuck after a minute or two (game sounds went on, so the GPU driver crashed I guess), but this corrected itself most of the time. Race was lost of course. Went back to 388.59: problems gone.
Interesting. I get a second or so of 'choppiness' while waiting for the lights at the start of a race in AC, and this definitely increases with track length (eg LAC really stutters, I barely get control back as the lights go green). I'm kind of used to it now though so don't want to do anything that might jeopardise something else. Apart from the initial stutters the game performs well (with Oculus Homeless, naturally). I don't really want to fiddle with it any more.

Upvote 0
I'm using the same driver. Best experience I've had since it was released. Not sure if it's a combination of things, I'm sure it is. But certainly no worse than before so I have saved the driver install file for whenever a newer driver gives me issues to reinstall.

Upvote 0
Another interesting bit of info is that I've rediscovered that Simcommander and Simvibe have been the cause of some frame time and frame drop issues while in the Rift. With it open the experience is sub standard but with just exiting the program and continuing to drive after alt tabbing back in, the difference is very noticeable. Even with the diagnostic display you can see the dips with it open and the smoothness of the green line at 90hz with it closed.

I've since stopped using it and now have found the Simhub is an EXCELLENT alternative to Simvibe. I have spend most of the day with it with no ill effects and all of the features and functions I'm used to. Without some of the fluff that Simvibe requires, too.

Upvote 0
Aw gawd… here we go again. Just when everything was running great...

upload_2018-12-13_23-13-33.png

Upvote 0
is this today? new update incoming?
It's installing at the moment. Fully expecting a whole day of pain tomorrow, trying to get my currently excellent Assetto Corsa VR performance restored.

Edit: quick benchmark seems to suggest a drop of around 4fps from a previous hotlap, but that's without Oculus Homeless installed, and probably within margin of error.

I don't suppose Oculus have snuck ASW 2.0 into this update, have they? Things have gone awfully quiet on that front.

Edit 2: performance seems OK from a few hotlaps. Maybe Oculus Homeless isn't necessary this time?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thanks
will wait for more info from the web before update...
I don't think you get the option. Oculus updates are normally forced through if you are connected to the web. My Rift actually stopped working and displayed an error message until I freed up HD space for the update to download/install.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back